C.J. Mosley or Khalil Mack

1.) Which one would you rather have? Is it even close?

2.) If we do pick one of these players at #9, and we do have 2 elite linebackers; with our current defense, bringing everybody back, is it one of the best in the NFL? I feel with another linebacker that can solidify the run and rush the passer, our defense has 0 holes, save maybe another DB or two for depth, but not because we need them starting.

I personally feel offenses would hate going against our defense in this scenario and feel if we had a defense that could consistently hold offenses under 20 pts/game, (save New England, because I haven't witnessed a defense to date to be able to consistently hold a Bill Belichick offense under 20 pts) we would win a lot more games than we would lose.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack. I feel he is more talented. He can stop the run, rush the passer and drop in coverage. Also he was the focal point of every offense he faced and still dominated

This. Mack is certainly the more gifted of the 2. Mosley is a solid player on a great defense that has had a good career. Mack is better vs. the run, in coverage and rushing the passer. There isn't anything that Mosley does better than Mack IMO. I really don't think that it is all that close. With that being said I do not think that Mack slips to 9. If the Bills want Mosley (a good player) I would rather trade down to like 15. Mack and Watkins would be my targets at 9.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2.) If we do pick one of these players at #9, and we do have 2 elite linebackers; with our current defense, bringing everybody back, is it one of the best in the NFL? I feel with another linebacker that can solidify the run and rush the passer, our defense has 0 holes, save maybe another DB or two for depth, but not because we need them starting.

I personally feel offenses would hate going against our defense in this scenario and feel if we had a defense that could consistently hold offenses under 20 pts/game, (save New England, because I haven't witnessed a defense to date to be able to consistently hold a Bill Belichick offense under 20 pts) we would win a lot more games than we would lose.

Neither.

While you try to plug every leak more leaks will emerge.

Drafting ILB's, safeties and RB's in round one is a generally poor use of a first round pick.

The Bills aren't a winning team, they shouldn't be in patch mode on draft day.

If you can't find quality LB talent after round one then your scouts just plain stink.

Round 1 is for franchise building blocks.....not guys you are going to let walk in free agency after 4 seasons if they play well.

Well i am not sure either at # 9 considering what type of player we need next to Alonso and the value of that player..

I prefer Mack on the Team though .

Lets keep in mind, Shwaatz and the new LB coach, and what they want in the position ?

Weo. Damn you man .

Neither.

While you try to plug every leak more leaks will emerge.

Drafting ILB's, safeties and RB's in round one is a generally poor use of a first round pick.

The Bills aren't a winning team, they shouldn't be in patch mode on draft day.

If you can't find quality LB talent after round one then your scouts just plain stink.

Round 1 is for franchise building blocks.....not guys you are going to let walk in free agency after 4 seasons if they play well.

Mack's not an ILB, he's a pass rusher and the superior talent.

I'd pass on Mosley. I agree, you don't take an ILB that high, unless he's super special.

I'm not so sure if either player is worth #9 overall.

I know every individual is different but there is such a long track record of 'Bama and LSU defenders being so-so in the NFL and not living up to their premium draft position.

… cough … cough … Dareus … cough … cough … Sheppard. … cough … cough.

At this point, I'd be hard pressed to pick one if the two if I had to choose.

Flip a coin.

I'm not so sure if either player is worth #9 overall.

I know every individual is different but there is such a long track record of 'Bama and LSU defenders being so-so in the NFL and not living up to their premium draft position.

… cough … cough … Dareus … cough … cough … Sheppard. … cough … cough.

At this point, I'd be hard pressed to pick one if the two if I had to choose.

Flip a coin.

Why does everyone rip on Dareus so much. His play was up and down this year but he's still very young and at times he was dominant. In addition, he made the Pro Bowl this year as a replacement. I think we could do a lot worse than him and his ceiling still hasn't been reached yet.

Mack's not an ILB, he's a pass rusher and the superior talent.

I'd pass on Mosley. I agree, you don't take an ILB that high, unless he's super special.

True, I wouldn't draft a 4-3 OLB that high either.

The game can be narrowed down to two key factors:

Offense: Quarterback play

Defense: Pass rush

I am really not sure what Mack is going to bring to the table. I saw four of his games this year and the more I saw him the less impressed I was. No doubt he has the athleticism and frame you want in a 3-4 OLB but for the most part he was slow off the ball and technique was non-existent.

Where he would fit in a Schwartz defense......usually 4-3 based.......I don't know but I certainly don't see him as a DE.

Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson :D

Simply because if the Bills don't address the O line in a big way this off season it will be another year in the Bills offense leading the league in 3 downs and out, most hits in the QB, most sacks. So it won't matter how many #1 draft picks are on that defense if it can't get off the field.

Mostly because in the first quarter the defense will get a bunch of stops. But by the fourth quarter they are so worn down from constantly being on the field they will be a sieve.

I wouldn't be against drafting Mack as I have him as my avatar. Its just that if the Bills don't fix that O line for once and for all I just don't see them winning many games again this year.

You know I'm a big UB fan and I was touting Mack all year. But I was disappointed in Mack in his last two big games, BG and SDSU. Those teams totally neutralized him.

I suppose that can happen when no one else on your team can step up. But still it gives me pause, like seeing Manti Te'o turn invisable against Alabama.

PTR

You know I'm a big UB fan and I was touting Mack all year. But I was disappointed in Mack in his last two big games, BG and SDSU. Those teams totally neutralized him.

I suppose that can happen when no one else on your team can step up. But still it gives me pause, like seeing Manti Te'o turn invisable against Alabama.

PTR

Te'o wasn't horrible this year though. Maybe not diamond in the rough production, but not a bust either. But he didn't go nearly as high as Mack is predicted.