Bonds deserves to be in hall of fame

major

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one who got caught should ever make it in. They should be banned for life. And anyone getting caught today - once - should be banned for life. Beginning with college players. Test them early and often. If they get popped, they're banned from MLB for life. Period.

And the two people who got screwed yesterday are Biggio and Piazza.

Bonds and Clemens are scum bags.

No one who got caught should ever make it in. They should be banned for life. And anyone getting caught today - once - should be banned for life. Beginning with college players. Test them early and often. If they get popped, they're banned from MLB for life. Period.

And the two people who got screwed yesterday are Biggio and Piazza.

Bonds and Clemens are scum bags.

Got to agree with this. Your going to see more & more players get blackballed from the steroid generation. If they could ban Pete Rose from the Hall they could certainly ban these cheaters. The voters have spoken too. The majority are not going to vote these guys in. Palmerio is not even eligable anymore because he did not receive 5%. How crazy is that. One of the best offensive players of his generation can not even get 5% of the vote. It is going to be interested to see when Jeter, Riveria & Griffey come up for induction if they get 100% of the votes. Honestly if any voter does not vote for these 3 guys they should have their credentials taken away. & yes I think Piazza got a screw job. He should get in next year.

Got to agree with this. Your going to see more & more players get blackballed from the steroid generation. If they could ban Pete Rose from the Hall they could certainly ban these cheaters. The voters have spoken too. The majority are not going to vote these guys in. Palmerio is not even eligable anymore because he did not receive 5%. How crazy is that. One of the best offensive players of his generation can not even get 5% of the vote. It is going to be interested to see when Jeter, Riveria & Griffey come up for induction if they get 100% of the votes. Honestly if any voter does not vote for these 3 guys they should have their credentials taken away. & yes I think Piazza got a screw job. He should get in next year.

This will be controversial when it comes up, but I don't think Jeter's numbers are HOF-worthy. Yet, I still think he should get in. And I'm a Mets fan.

This will be controversial when it comes up, but I don't think Jeter's numbers are HOF-worthy. Yet, I still think he should get in. And I'm a Mets fan.

Jeter will get in easy I think. He's been the heart of the team for a long time. Also, his defense has been great. Doesn't he have a bunch of golden gloves?

Jeter will get in easy I think. He's been the heart of the team for a long time. Also, his defense has been great. Doesn't he have a bunch of golden gloves?

He's got 5 golden gloves.

And I don't know what I was thinking. I should have looked up the stats before I posted. His stats are, indeed, worthy of HOF induction. First ballot, no less. I take back what I said.

Would have liked to see the entire issue of Steroids handled differently without the vilification of those using as I believe there were and are just as many enablers to go around. There are many trying to take the high moral ground that they themselves not clean. Perhaps on enshrinement those who have come clean admitting to usage, would have this attached to their career bio's. If Clements, Bonds, even Rose for that matter where to simply come clean with what the did, with no rationalizations , blame , taking responsibility, in some fashion become part of solution, they could be enshrined as their careers clearly on field it evident they hall of famers. Character hardly a issue if it were many would be removed from the Hall, as while there are many upstanding, there are a number on issues of character it embarrassing they in Hall of Fame.

I disappointed Jack Morris not in Hall, but it could be argued the Hall not the Hall of Good , but Great, Jack perhaps borderline.

BigBarryBonds.jpg

No...........................he doesn't.

This is downright silly.

What's that suppose to show? Same thing can be said about me... Well except for the dark skin. Of course I don't belong in the HoF, like BB does. I was just as skinny as him when younger and just as big as him a short time later. I never took steroids in my life. How many years did he play for the Giants? What are the dates on those pictures?

Again, what are these pictures suppose to prove? People get older and bigger? With me, it all happened within about a year.

If Bonds deserves to be in hall of fame, then Rosie Ruiz deserves to be the winner of the NYC Marathon

Yeah... But what rule did he break? Was it illegal to take steroids if he did? Why don't we put asterisks next to the Steelers and Raiders Super Bowl (1970's) wins?

Frank Thomas is a first ballot HoF'er. Huh?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I understand why Bonds and Clemons felt compelled to use drugs; to maintain a competitive advantage. But both would have been first ballot HOFers if they never used them in the first place. Irony of ironies.

Jeter, it just goes so far beyond numbers with him. he has been the heart & soul of the Yankees for the last 17 years. & his numbers are pretty dam good for such a long time.I am a mets fan too so it pains me to say that.

Edited by Gordio

I understand why Bonds and Clemons felt compelled to use drugs; to maintain a competitive advantage. But both would have been first ballot HOFers if they never used them in the first place. Irony of ironies.

Yeah, what did they do that violated any competition rules? Does HoF have to do w/one's honor more than one's stats? RC & BB didn't cheat... Even if they loaded up on steriods. Sure, maybe they lied. But, again, is the HoF more about honor or stats. Ty Cobb was on open bigot, overall nasty man.

Now... I can see Peter Rose and The 1919 Black Sox never getting redemption... They actually did something wrong.

When is the court lf public opinion more overwhelming against non-rule breaking guy w/first ballot HoF numbers? Again, no rules were in place, saying that is numbers were do to 'roids is pure speculation.

Same with Manny Ramirez and Rafael Palmeiro.

However, I truly believe Alex Rodriguez has been using steroids his entire career.

Jeter, it just goes so far beyond numbers with him. he has been the heart & soul of the Yankees for the last 17 years. & his numbers are pretty dam good for such a long time.I am a mets fan too so it pains me to say that.

I hear ya, Gordio. His numbers and achievements (or, as Rickey Henderson calls them, "achiezement") are actually phenomenal:

MLB debut May 29, 1995 for the New York Yankees Career statistics

(through 2013 season) Batting average .312 Hits 3,316 Runs 1,876 Stolen bases 348 Home runs 256 Runs batted in 1,261 Teams

Career highlights and awards

MLB Records

• 158 career postseason games played
  • 650 career postseason at bats
  • 734 career postseason plate appearances
  • 111 career postseason runs scored
  • 200 career postseason hits
  • 302 career postseason total bases
  • 32 career postseason doubles
  • 5 career postseason triples
  • 105 career postseason strikeouts
  • 143 career postseason singles