The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

See that's the difference between you and me. I don't consider someone's politics before I determine whether or not I'm ok with them being lying sack of ****.

So you don't look at the magnitude of the lie or lying? It's all the same?

And you know some of the trashy members of this board will be real butt hurt that you are responding to me, lol

Obamacare’s Basket Of Insurance Mandates Should Be The First Thing To Go.

Repeal of the mandates in this session, preferably in 2017, is a bottom line. If the mandates are not repealed, it would be a serious betrayal of voters, and grounds for mounting primary challenges to incumbents. DC politicians don’t seem to grasp that the mandates, as originally conceived, are fascistic.

Justice John Roberts seemed to understand that in NFIB v. Sebelius when he wrote that the Commerce Clause doesn’t allow Congress to command Americans to buy things. But then he concluded that the command (i.e., mandate) was really an option, and that the penalty was really a tax, thus saving Obamacare (while creating a whole new chapter in American jurisprudential incoherence).

If the mandates are repealed, many young folks will opt to go without health insurance. But that can be a rational decision. A young person wishing to amass funds to buy a house, or start a family or a business might decide that taking the risk of having no health insurance is worth it.
Maybe youngsters would decide differently if health insurance weren’t so damned expensive.

And maybe, just maybe, they should be allowed to make that decision for themselves without coercion.

Edited by B-Man

6 promises Trump has made about health care

No one will lose coverage. There will be insurance for everybody. Healthcare will be a “lot less expensive” for everyone — the government, consumers, providers.

‘INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY’

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

‘NO ONE WILL LOSE COVERAGE’

‘NOBODY WILL BE WORSE OFF FINANCIALLY’

‘GET RID OF ARTIFICIAL LINES’

‘EVERYBODY’S GOING TO BE TAKEN CARE OF’

No one will lose coverage. There will be insurance for everybody. Healthcare will be a “lot less expensive” for everyone — the government, consumers, providers.
‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

You can put that one in the broken promises thread.

Of course anyone with a rudimentary understanding of math thought that those promises were anything but fantasy.

You can put that one in the broken promises thread.

Of course anyone with a rudimentary understanding of math thought that those promises were anything but fantasy.

All those promises are sure to be brought up bigly in the 2018 and 2020 elections

Edited by ALF

All those promises are sure to be brought up bigly in the 2018 and 2020 elections

His support base won't care because they'll be listening to President Pence.

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

Maybe he should just promise that everyone who likes their insurance and doctor can keep their insurance and doctor, and that there will be no taxes associated with it. That pack of lies worked out so well last time!

Oh and that 30 million people who don't have coverage will have coverage they can't afford just to pay deductibles they can't afford before their insurance coverage becomes relevant.

Maybe he should just promise that everyone who likes their insurance and doctor can keep their insurance and doctor, and that there will be no taxes associated with it. That pack of lies worked out so well last time!

Oh and that 30 million people who don't have coverage will have coverage they can't afford just to pay deductibles they can't afford before their insurance coverage becomes relevant.

So do you think republicans will keep control of Congress in 2018 and 2020 if broken promises are normal ?

How many desperate people voted for Trump because of his healthcare promises ?

I have health insurance but I have empathy for the working poor who earn too much to qualify for medicaid but can't afford regular insurance.

Edited by ALF

Looks like the Cruz and Lee amendment will struggle to garner more votes.

In a letter sent to Cruz and Lee today, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association CEO Scott Serota warns that the proposal is “unworkable as it would undermine pre-existing condition protections, increase premiums and destabilize the market.”

America’s Health Insurance Plans additionally is circulating a memo that raises similar concerns about the individual insurance market.

“Unfortunately, this proposal would fracture and segment insurance markets into separate risk pools and create an un-level playing field that would lead to widespread adverse selection and unstable health insurance markets,” reads the AHIP memo.

I liked the idea but just as the insurers noted, it would most certainly contribute to even more adverse selection. You'd essentially have the most heavily subsidized and sickest populations left in the market place while many others would go to these other plans.