The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

quick reminder:

We know the CBO’s previous estimates of Obamacare enrollment have been badly wrong. From the Wall Street Journal:

In February 2013, CBO predicted that ObamaCare enrollment in the individual market would be 13 million in 2015, 24 million in 2016 and 26 million in 2017.

The actual enrollment for those years were, respectively, 11 million, 12 million and 10 million. As recently as March 2016, CBO was projecting an enrollment boom of 15 million for this year.

So pardon me if I don't get too excited by the CBO's quick release 'projection'

Here is a perfect example of why no one pays attention to CNN any more...or Democrats.

This is the story of a woman who lives in Imperial Valley, CA (otherwise known as BFE), a couple of hours east of San DIego.

Her current situation is horrible because where she lives, it's apparently impossible to see her doctor in a timely manner, and often has to take an entire day off work just to see her OBGYN, who would give her a prescription for birth control, which is provided for free through ACA.

It's such an inconvenience, she gets her birth control from Planned Parenthood.

If Trumpcare is passed, she said, she will have to drive to Mexico to get birth control because Trump is going to shut down Planned Parenthood.

That's right...to avoid giving up a day of work to see her OBGYN, she would drive to phucking MEXICO to get her birth control.

Because...Trump is going to do something that he isn't going to do.

You leftists have lost your phucking minds.

What was the point of that god awful sob story??

Here is a perfect example of why no one pays attention to CNN any more...or Democrats.

This is the story of a woman who lives in Imperial Valley, CA (otherwise known as BFE), a couple of hours east of San DIego.

Her current situation is horrible because where she lives, it's apparently impossible to see her doctor in a timely manner, and often has to take an entire day off work just to see her OBGYN, who would give her a prescription for birth control, which is provided for free through ACA.

It's such an inconvenience, she gets her birth control from Planned Parenthood.

If Trumpcare is passed, she said, she will have to drive to Mexico to get birth control because Trump is going to shut down Planned Parenthood.

That's right...to avoid giving up a day of work to see her OBGYN, she would drive to phucking MEXICO to get her birth control.

Because...Trump is going to do something that he isn't going to do.

You leftists have lost your phucking minds.

In the meantime, my wife has bleeding ulcers she can't get treated because our insurance won't authorize an upper GI. But...free birth control.

Please explain to me how this is that much different than Obamacare? It still relies heavily on government spending as opposed to the private sector. It's a gift for the Democrats in '18 and '20 in two ways. The bill doesn't do enough to significantly help people who need health insurance to pay for rising ACA premiums as it does little to reduce them. They're not going to run out and vote for Republicans who promised them they would fully repeal and replace for seven years. It also proposes future cuts to Medicaid expansion that was originally established to help poor people which makes it more likely people will go out and vote Democrat. I could easily see Democrats being in the same position as Republicans in 2020 controlling all three branches (especially with Trump as president) and pushing for single payer or a reinstatement of the ACA with a public option.

People don't die under Obamacare.

They die under any other plan, just not Obamacare.

McConnell "threatening" that if bill fails, he will have to work with the Democrats.

What a concept. Work for the entire country!

The Senate sits there and deliberates, and then deliberates, and then deliberates some more.

Rarely does anything get put through the Senate in decent time.

Sometimes a man can work it to get legislature to pass through, LBJ was the last one who made it move from inside and then as a President

Which was what it was perfectly designed to do...

McConnell "threatening" that if bill fails, he will have to work with the Democrats.

What a concept. Work for the entire country!

I am sure that you are well aware that this is a tactic by McConnell to try and get movement from the many GOP camps,

but your use of it from "on high"........is good too.

You know they're not really cuts, right?

I mean, you know that increasing spending less than it was scheduled to be increased is still an increase, right?

There is no such thing as "smaller government." Only "lower rate of expansion government." One of the great ironies of conservatism is that they've been in power plenty of times but government spending only ever goes up.

If they're trying to soften the blow of the Medicaid expansion I imagine taking the wealthy tax cuts out of the bill would help. But of course softening the blow isn't the real purpose of the bill, the tax cuts are.

I am sure that you are well aware that this is a tactic by McConnell to try and get movement from the many GOP camps,

I believe that is the tactic as well. And he should call their bluff and be willing to go through with it if they don't come to an agreement.

There is a deal to be done that could improve the status quo.

CBO estimates almost 14 million will drop their insurance once they aren't forced to buy it.

That's the population equivalent of 13 states.

If I understand Nancy Pelosi correctly, that means 14 million people will be committing government-forced suicide.

ROBERT POLLOCK: Let Consumers Repeal Obamacare.

What consumers need is the ability to shop for policies they can afford. Why not let young people, for example, buy inexpensive policies with high deductibles so that they are covered in case in case of accidents but pay out of pocket for routine care? And why should the 21st century health insurance system be broken up into 50 separate economies when efficiencies and convenience could be had by offering insurance options on a nationwide scale?

One easy way to make this happen is to create an Optional Federal Charter to regulate health insurance. Congress certainly has the power to do this under the Constitution’s Commerce Clause. It could be placed under the authority of the Department of Health and Human Services, which would be tasked by Congress with writing simple rules that ensure the availability of low cost policies nationwide. There would be no coverage mandates and no rules governing the shape of policies such as limits on deductibles and co-pays. Insurers could still be required to cover those with pre-existing conditions and subsidies could still be offered to help those who need them.

The beauty of the Optional Federal Charter solution is that none of the existing rules governing state regulated insurance policies would have to change. Consumers would simply be offered a new choice: purchase a state regulated policy or a federally regulated policy.

In the meantime, my wife has bleeding ulcers she can't get treated because our insurance won't authorize an upper GI. But...free birth control.

Correlation or causation from being married to you?

CBO estimates almost 14 million will drop their insurance once they aren't forced to buy it.

That's the population equivalent of 13 states.

If I understand Nancy Pelosi correctly, that means 14 million people will be committing government-forced suicide.

Every other industrialzed nation has a HC structure that provides HC to all its citizens for half the price...with better results....but keep those Pelosi takes coming because they are so FRESH

And what are the average waiting times, robbins? How long does it take to get a new hip, a new knee, or have open heart surgery in those pantheons of socialized medicine? How much are their Drs. and Surgeons paid on average? Why do so many Cannucks come to America to get their open heart surgeries performed, hum? Don't they teach open heart surgery in Canuckistan medical schools?