The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Single payer is not even an option in  Constitutional Republic which I think we still are. Single payer assumes the government can control prices and wages for an entire segment of the population which is totally against any protections reserved to the People.

Yeah but telling the poor to die because of illnesses that can be easily treated is barbaric

As disgusting as slavery 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yeah but telling the poor to die because of illnesses that can be easily treated is barbaric

As disgusting as slavery 

Coincidentally, so is telling them to get vaccinated against diseases that can easily kill them.

Funny ol' world, inn'it?

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Anyone else also remember how Obamacare was also going to cut down on the lines at the emergency room? Actually had the opposite effect didn't it since now people could go there instead of waiting on an appointment

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Soon, we’re going to wake up in a world where we have VA-style health care. I’m a veteran, so let me tell you – you don’t want VA-style healthcare. Ask a veteran you know, they’ll say the same.

If you ask this veteran he'll tell you the exact opposite.  I get a lot of my care at the VA.  I get right in and the care is as good as I can get with my private insurance (which I HATE).

I did start going to VA in 1977 and it was BAD at that time.  When I got a real job I used private insurance and a few years ago I went back to VA due to the ever increasing cost of insurance and high deductibles and co pays.  Color me very impressed.  They've come a long way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, row_33 said:

As disgusting as slavery 

Oh brother! Is there an epidemic of poor people dying in the United States? This isn’t 1500 France!

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If you ask this veteran he'll tell you the exact opposite.  I get a lot of my care at the VA.  I get right in and the care is as good as I can get with my private insurance (which I HATE).

I did start going to VA in 1977 and it was BAD at that time.  When I got a real job I used private insurance and a few years ago I went back to VA due to the ever increasing cost of insurance and high deductibles and co pays.  Color me very impressed.  They've come a long way.

And which Federal Administration do credit for making those changes?

GHW Bush

WJ Clinton 

GW Bush

BH Obama

DJ Trump 

Asking for a friend. 

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

And which Federal Administration do credit for making those changes?

GHW Bush

WJ Clinton 

GW Bush

BH Obama

DJ Trump 

Asking for a friend. 

Tell your friend I don't know and I don't care.  It's good now so that's all I care about.

I started going back there in late Obama/early Trump administration so I wouldn't give him all the credit.

The Mission act of 2018 has made more improvements. It was passed by congress  347-70. So I don't think we can give all credit to Trump and Rs.

bottom line is its providing quality care to veterans based on my experience. Can't i just be happy about that without getting all political about it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ALF said:

The World: Life Expectancy (2020) - Top 100+  Est.

54.    United States of America    79.5    2020 (Est.)

http://www.geoba.se/population.php?pc=world&type=015&year=2020&page=1

I thought the US had the best health care system and by far the most expensive

We also have the worst diet and several cities that are almost war zones

But don't let those silly details get in the way of your Narrative

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

We also have the worst diet and several cities that are almost war zones

But don't let those silly details get in the way of your Narrative

So poverty and poor education is a big problem then ?