While we are giving Mario credit he deserves on the strip sack....

And let it not go unnoticed that Kyle Williams made the smart play of falling on the ball rather than trying to score with it.

The general rule of thumb is that linemen are told to fall on the ball while DBs and LBs are told to pick it up and run if they can. So Williams probably did it right, but he was SO wide open that it was sad that he didn't take it to the house.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was better that he fell on it and did not try to advance it. If he had scored we would have given Miami a lot more time to go down the field and score, using all the time left. It was scary enough when we left them 33 seconds to try and mount a comeback---especially after that poor kickoff and even worse coverage. Give the guy credit for getting his priorities right: secure the ball at all costs and don't try to do more than you are reasonably capable of.

And let it not go unnoticed that Kyle Williams made the smart play of falling on the ball rather than trying to score with it.

Watching Williams try to run with that ball would have been up there with the Sam Adams pick six vs. NE* (though Adams' high-stepping at the end could be beat by no one).

But it was nice to see someone realize the difficulty in picking that ball up and, in the moment, choose to do the right thing. Fall on it.

I can believe that, it's standing in one spot. How about basketball?

He is an excellent football player, and I like what I know about him.

He is a dorky white guy.

if i recall, he was also mentioned as an outstanding swimmer and apparently shows well in allstar homerun derby events as well.

this find when looking it up is certainly worth posting:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Hanging-10-With-Hamdan/4461956f-8cac-4e79-80c9-67f8aa2593e3

Edited by NoSaint

if i recall, he was also mentioned as an outstanding swimmer and apparently shows well in allstar homerun derby events as well.

this find when looking it up is certainly worth posting:

http://www.buffalobi...c9-67f8aa2593e3

Yeah, I heard he is a great shot-putter too. A hammer toss king, weight lifter, pile driver, and....DANCER!

I have a feeling there are some dorky white guys on this board...

Watching Williams try to run with that ball would have been up there with the Sam Adams pick six vs. NE* (though Adams' high-stepping at the end could be beat by no one).

But it was nice to see someone realize the difficulty in picking that ball up and, in the moment, choose to do the right thing. Fall on it.

Williams made the ultimate team play by not trying to be a hero. If he doesn't recover that fumble our works gets 10X harder having to drive 50 yards to get back into field position. That was a great heads up play.

I can believe that, it's standing in one spot. How about basketball?

He is an excellent football player, and I like what I know about him.

He is a dorky white guy.

Well we're both guessing here. Obviously you think he'd be a terrible basketball player. I however think he'd be excellent. I bet if you asked him to play in a pick up game he'd dominate everyone you brought down low. He's huge but far from a dork.

Edited by Triple Threat

I saw that on the replay. He picked the lineman up off his feet but the fumble doesnt happen without Mario, none the less it was an impressive show of strenth by Jerry.

If you saw the replay, then you'd know that he didn't lift a lineman off his feet.

Well we're both guessing here. Obviously you think he'd be a terrible basketball player. I however think he'd be excellent. I bet if you asked him to play in a pick up game he'd dominate everyone you brought down low. He's huge but far from a dork.

Oh, Triple Threat...I'm sorry.

Say that to his face.

Glenn vs. Martin: this is a race that has never been close. Among all of Buddy's solid OL moves, this was his best. And he was out there with "Hell no he ain't a guard" when the popular opinion was that Cordy would never be a successful tackle. Kudos to Buddy on getting us a rock of a LT for the next several years. Oh and Jonathan Martin is a weakling.

You first...

Lets not let go unoticed that this was also made possible by Hughes bulldozing his man back to the QB.....giving the Dolphins QB nowhere to go......keeping him in a prone position....allowing Mario to do this thing.......

They made a QB sandwich right there....and Hughes to me has already shown his worth in that trade even though he doesnt have the sakes to show for it....the guy is a pretty darn good edge rusher

Hughes(3rd) and Mario(8th) are both in the top 8 in the NFL for OLB's in QB disruption(sacks, hits, hurries per pass play)..

Nix and Whaley should be charged with robbery for stealing Hughes away from the Colts for Kelvin Sheppard