While we are giving Mario credit he deserves on the strip sack....

Lets not let go unoticed that this was also made possible by Hughes bulldozing his man back to the QB.....giving the Dolphins QB nowhere to go......keeping him in a prone position....allowing Mario to do this thing.......

They made a QB sandwich right there....and Hughes to me has already shown his worth in that trade even though he doesnt have the sakes to show for it....the guy is a pretty darn good edge rusher

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not let go unoticed that this was also made possible by Hughes bulldozing his man back to the QB.....giving the Dolphins QB nowhere to go......keeping him in a prone position....allowing Mario to do this thing.......

They made a QB sandwich right there....and Hughes to me has already shown his worth in that trade even though he doesnt have the sakes to show for it....the guy is a pretty darn good edge rusher

And let it not go unnoticed that Kyle Williams made the smart play of falling on the ball rather than trying to score with it.

I remember seeing Mario ribbing DT Williams about not picking it up and running into the end zone with it.....I was HAPPY he didnt try to do that when he didnt immediately get it into his hands on the hop....some smaller fins player would have dove in there and secured it....and we probably would have lost.

Kyle did it correctly.

"They" say a lot of things like that.

If that's true (cough) then he should have run it in.

Hey, after the cordy Glenn debacle - I'm not saying the bar is high (he's the one that absolutely blew the recovery a few weeks ago right?)

It was very comical to me watching him first try to pick it up and run with it, and then

realizing that he couldn't do that and plopping down on his butt with the ball!

I think that he was almost going to get back up and take off running, but with his two

upper stumps firmly securing the ball, there was absolutely no chance of him getting

back up, he would have definitely needed a free hand for that. I am glad that I could

laugh about it, because shortly before that, I was almost in tears, knowing that our

season was all but over.