I dont get bills fans sometimes.....2-3 and the season is over in a 16

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy is a giants fan.. today said he's not watching anymore games this year/ not buying anymore merchandise.. total fair weather fan.. all I'm sayin is you know every bills fan is a real fan because if your still here after 13yrs of nothin youre either committed to the team, or just insane haha

As CJallDay said - we are all true fans on this site...some a bit more realistic/pessimistic/optimistic than others... what is true for all is that we hurt inside...we have to tell our kids what is was like to have a winning team...My children are 10 and 11 and they wonder why I cheer for them...

well. That's your argument. Mine is that any NFL caliber QB can manage a game. That's why they are in the NFL in the first place.

Our defense is playing lights out and so is our running game.

Yiu say EJ will be out 4-8 weeks. I think he's out only 3 games considering today u til Thursday counts as week 1 of his injury and he has t missed any games yet.

IF.... Huge IF... Whoever is our QB can go .500 (not impossible considering the way the defense is playing and they get Gilmore and Byrd back this week) then we still have a shot.

Like someone else already posted, if your already giving up on the season after just 5 weeks.... Why bother? Guess well see you in April. Am I right?

The difference in our view is you are saying that Tuel/White/whomever is an "NFL" QB. I don't think they are.

I am not "giving up on the season after 5 weeks". I will still watch and hope to see development in some areas of the team. I just don't expect any real shot at winning games until EJ is back. That doesn't make me some kind of turn-coat or fair weather fan. I think it just makes me realistic.

Maybe you are right, but I think that the offense will be completely shut down by the Bengals. They will take the run game away and force Tuel to try to beat them.

The difference in our view is you are saying that Tuel/White/whomever is an "NFL" QB. I don't think they are.

I am not "giving up on the season after 5 weeks". I will still watch and hope to see development in some areas of the team. I just don't expect any real shot at winning games until EJ is back. That doesn't make me some kind of turn-coat or fair weather fan. I think it just makes me realistic.

Maybe you are right, but I think that the offense will be completely shut down by the Bengals. They will take the run game away and force Tuel to try to beat them.

Food for thought -- EJ did not play great against the Ravens and the Bills still ran the ball well. EJ did not play great against the Browns and the Bills still ran the ball well.

This running game is effective, and the Bills have enough good receivers (SJ, Woods, Chandler) to keep a defense honest. Pat White, I would argue, gives them a much better chance to win with his mobility (and decent arm) than Jeff Tuel and his deer-in-the-headlights approach.

The Buffalo defense is getting better and healthier, and Cinci's offense has been anything but explosive. Their defense is for real, but so have been the Jets, Ravens, and Browns defenses. The Bills are 1-2 in those three games but they were right in the thick of all of them.

Buffalo is one stinking game out of a wild card spot right now, with a defense and running game that are playoff caliber. It is ridiculous to be giving up on the season.

While I hope that you are right, eball I am just not seeing it. There is a big difference (IMHO) between having the threat of a passing game that defenses must respect and having Tuel/white in. Unless one of them shows that they can complete passes, I don't expect room for the run game.

Having problems quoting, so I apologize for Badolbeelz for not responding sooner:

I know the Bills are a product, which of course is another reason to remember that following them is a choice. If I don't like Weber's mustard, I stop buying it; I don't stand in the supermarket aisles complaining about it to everyone who walks by, or try to find joy in telling people who still like it how dumb they are.

I also know that this particular product is related to where I grew up, so I feel an emotional tie. An irrational tie to a uniform and a helmet that is disconnected from any personal connection to either the millionaires who pay for them or the younger millionaires who wear them. I choose to maintain and celebrate that irrational tie.

The key word there is choice. I know what good football looks like, and bad football, and I appreciate solid analysis of the good and the bad. I also know that my actual ability to change what they team does is very limited, no matter how many posts I write. If this didn't make me happy, I would choose to do something else. So I choose to hope, especially about a young team with rising talent. I do not claim to "sh*t rainbows" but am amazed that people think that it is better to let go an unending stream of bile. That's a choice too. Embrace it if you like, but don't pretend it makes you more rational than someone standing in front of Wegman's buttonholing people about the crappy mustard they sell.

In the end, be a fan any way that you like. Enjoy the toy department of life in your own way. If it were up to me, I would save the outrage for things that actually matter, but I also know the psychological, cathartic benefits of getting worked up over artificial crises. I hope that being a Bills fan brings you some joy, sometime. Hell, I hope we all will have things to celebrate in the future. And when that happens, I doubt we will be worrying about whether the front office managed to sign Josh Freeman.

Go Bills!

All we hve to do I win some games that people expect us to lose (you know....like the Ravens game) and we are right back in it

- Even with the loss of EJ for 3-4 weeks the team is getting healthier.....our D should be very stout

No way im throwing up the white flag 5 games into the season

That is all I guess you haven't been a Bills fan as long as I have

While I hope that you are right, eball I am just not seeing it. There is a big difference (IMHO) between having the threat of a passing game that defenses must respect and having Tuel/white in. Unless one of them shows that they can complete passes, I don't expect room for the run game.

All we hve to do I win some games that people expect us to lose (you know....like the Ravens game) and we are right back in it

- Even with the loss of EJ for 3-4 weeks the team is getting healthier.....our D should be very stout

No way im throwing up the white flag 5 games into the season

That is all

There's no way this team makes the playoffs with or without Manuel. They just don't have the depth. I thought coming into the season, they were a 5 win team. But after seeing them perform on offense, with the potential of getting much better, and actually having a defensive philosophy, I was pleasantly surprised and I can see up to 7 wins. But I am much more optimistic about the future of the Bills than I have been in many years. They have some very good players in place. A couple key FA additions and a good draft and this team is playoff bound next season. The new coaching staff will learn a lot from this season, the young players will learn a lot this season, but they are still not there....yet!

Food for thought -- EJ did not play great against the Ravens and the Bills still ran the ball well. EJ did not play great against the Browns and the Bills still ran the ball well.

This running game is effective, and the Bills have enough good receivers (SJ, Woods, Chandler) to keep a defense honest. Pat White, I would argue, gives them a much better chance to win with his mobility (and decent arm) than Jeff Tuel and his deer-in-the-headlights approach.

The Buffalo defense is getting better and healthier, and Cinci's offense has been anything but explosive. Their defense is for real, but so have been the Jets, Ravens, and Browns defenses. The Bills are 1-2 in those three games but they were right in the thick of all of them.

Buffalo is one stinking game out of a wild card spot right now, with a defense and running game that are playoff caliber. It is ridiculous to be giving up on the season.

now that we know Thad Lewis is starting I actually feel even better.

Your right EBall. Just like I said, the defense is going to be healthiest they've been all year going into these games while EJ is out.

I know the reports are EJ is out anywhere from 4-8 weeks but I think he misses 4 games at most. Possibly only 3. Didnt Freddy just play on a similar injury? Of course there's different levels of injury but in thinking its more precaution than anything that yiu don't want to make it worse for your future franchise QB.

Regardless of what Cincy does on defense this team should be able to run the ball. They've shown that ability all year and against better defenses in the Jers, Ravens, and Browns.

Regardless of who starts at QB (Lewis, Tuel, White, Dixon) they are all NFL QBs. That part is not arguable. They are in the league. It's about as silly as calling Stevie "not a number 1" when in fact he IS OUR number 1. And because of the fact that they are all NFL QBs they can make throws. They can play. Are we to believe they won't pass for 25 yards all game? That would just be ridiculous. It's almost Harder to not throw for at least 100 than it would be to throw for 450.

As it stands, Lewis is the starter this week and he's got the most experience in this team with our without White. He actually knows the playbook and has started a game in the past. He put up 200+ yards, had a TD, and an Int. if that's the case this week against the Bengals, ill take that all day and think we get a win. That's game management at its finest. Let the defense do what it does and not lose the game from your QB.

Edited by mrags

Having problems quoting, so I apologize for Badolbeelz for not responding sooner:

I know the Bills are a product, which of course is another reason to remember that following them is a choice. If I don't like Weber's mustard, I stop buying it; I don't stand in the supermarket aisles complaining about it to everyone who walks by, or try to find joy in telling people who still like it how dumb they are.

I also know that this particular product is related to where I grew up, so I feel an emotional tie. An irrational tie to a uniform and a helmet that is disconnected from any personal connection to either the millionaires who pay for them or the younger millionaires who wear them. I choose to maintain and celebrate that irrational tie.

The key word there is choice. I know what good football looks like, and bad football, and I appreciate solid analysis of the good and the bad. I also know that my actual ability to change what they team does is very limited, no matter how many posts I write. If this didn't make me happy, I would choose to do something else. So I choose to hope, especially about a young team with rising talent. I do not claim to "sh*t rainbows" but am amazed that people think that it is better to let go an unending stream of bile. That's a choice too. Embrace it if you like, but don't pretend it makes you more rational than someone standing in front of Wegman's buttonholing people about the crappy mustard they sell.

In the end, be a fan any way that you like. Enjoy the toy department of life in your own way. If it were up to me, I would save the outrage for things that actually matter, but I also know the psychological, cathartic benefits of getting worked up over artificial crises. I hope that being a Bills fan brings you some joy, sometime. Hell, I hope we all will have things to celebrate in the future. And when that happens, I doubt we will be worrying about whether the front office managed to sign Josh Freeman.

Go Bills!

This isn't a choice of mustards...........it's all or nothing. If Bills fans stop buying the product because it sucks then the team leaves and there is no local team to follow. I explained this quite clearly.......the Bills are the only choice in town for this product. A competitive NFL franchise is in high demand by this market. By nature the long term success of this product relies upon both sides of the equation holding up their end of the bargain. Eventually......if the owner doesn't put a winner on the field......the fans will stop showing. We are already seeing it this year. The Bills had another celebrated re-start this year.....something that usually brings the fans back in droves..........but it is not happening. They didn't even sell out the second home game of the year......they simply waived the blackout. So yeah......you are getting your wish......the people are speaking with their wallets and that is very bad news for sheep like yourself.