Sprained knee on EJ

They sign Tebow and they sell out the next two games. They won't win any of the next 4 games no matter who they bring in. Bengals, @ Dolphins, @ Saints, Chiefs. They are all better than the Bills. Even with EJ they might have won one of those games. Bottom line is they can sell 15,000 tickets with Tebow. How many are they going to sell with Tuel?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sign Tebow and they sell out the next two games. They won't win any of the next 4 games no matter who they bring in. Bengals, @ Dolphins, @ Saints, Chiefs. They are all better than the Bills. Even with EJ they might have won one of those games. Bottom line is they can sell 15,000 tickets with Tebow. How many are they going to sell with Tuel?

Selling 15,000 tickets to people who aren't fans of the Bills, but rather fans of a single player, does nothing to excite me. We don't need those kinds of fans at Bills games, or their belief systems.

Simple. Logical. Stupid.

Playing Tuel hurts the team on a lot of fronts. It wastes one of Freds last years and severely hurts Spiller, as well as the development of Woods, Goodwin, TJ etc. it would significantly hurt the entire defense by forcing them into impossible situations rather than molding them into a wrecking crew. It would retard Hackett and Marrones ascension as coaches in the NFL, by not being able to carry out their plan. It hurts recruiting free agents who may be wanting to join something special. There are a lot of reasons tanking with Tuel is just an atrocious idea.

Simple, Logical, Correct

Simple. Logical. Stupid.

Playing Tuel hurts the team on a lot of fronts. It wastes one of Freds last years and severely hurts Spiller, as well as the development of Woods, Goodwin, TJ etc. it would significantly hurt the entire defense by forcing them into impossible situations rather than molding them into a wrecking crew. It would retard Hackett and Marrones ascension as coaches in the NFL, by not being able to carry out their plan. It hurts recruiting free agents who may be wanting to join something special. There are a lot of reasons tanking with Tuel is just an atrocious idea.

You would assume Tuel would tank, while other may consider it is an investment in the organizations future - the development of yet another asset. This is a staff that has since day 1 preached next man up, and if they are to be consistent, Tuel is the next man up. You are a Bills fan, therefore, a pessimist by nature - retarding Hackett or Marrone is the negative - if the team continues to play well and show movement in the right direction, it will only serve to build their legend. It is without a doubt a QB is necessary, but to play behind Tuel as the next man up. As to recruiting - playing Tuel will have no bearing on the teams ability to recruit for the 2014 season and beyond. EJ, Mario, Eric Wood, ETAL on the other hand, will.

Bottom line is signing Tebow would ruin this team for a loooong time. You are back at square one with Manuel, because everyone calls for this QB whose throwing motion looks like that of my dog to be the new starting QB. We already hear it here with the constant "Start Tuel" threads, and it will be much, much worse, when EJ comes back and our bi-polar fan base starts calling for the backup every other play.

Sign Harrell/McElroy/Thigpen, and send the message to Manuel to get himself healthy and that this is his team. Anything else ruins this team in the long run (yes even worse than the people on this board who think the sky is falling imagine it is now).

You would assume Tuel would tank, while other may consider it is an investment in the organizations future - the development of yet another asset. This is a staff that has since day 1 preached next man up, and if they are to be consistent, Tuel is the next man up. You are a Bills fan, therefore, a pessimist by nature - retarding Hackett or Marrone is the negative - if the team continues to play well and show movement in the right direction, it will only serve to build their legend. It is without a doubt a QB is necessary, but to play behind Tuel as the next man up. As to recruiting - playing Tuel will have no bearing on the teams ability to recruit for the 2014 season and beyond. EJ, Mario, Eric Wood, ETAL on the other hand, will.

Finishing the year 3-13 behind Tuel will undoubtedly have an impact on the FA decisions in the off season.

If the front office starts Tuel they are admitting failure and (loudly) proclaiming to the rest of the league the front office, with 20 million+ in cap room, cares more about the bottom line than wins and losses. As Bills fans, we already know this is the truth, but we don't need to demonstrate that to the rest of the league.

Selling 15,000 tickets to people who aren't fans of the Bills, but rather fans of a single player, does nothing to excite me. We don't need those kinds of fans at Bills games, or their belief systems.

The idea that there are 15,000 fans out there disinclined to attend a Bills' game save for a Tebow signing is absolutely batshit crazy on it's face.

If I were a Bills player and management brought in Tebow, I'd feel as though they were simultaneously throwing the entire team to the wolves and under the bus.

The idea that there are 15,000 fans out there disinclined to attend a Bills' game save for a Tebow signing is absolutely batshit crazy on it's face.

If I were a Bills player and management brought in Tebow, I'd feel as though they were simultaneously throwing the entire team to the wolves and under the bus.

If you don't think there are 15,000 crazy !@#$s out there who worship Tebow enough to buy tickets, then you haven't been paying attention to the Tebow circus. We don't need their kind at the Ralph.

Finishing the year 3-13 behind Tuel will undoubtedly have an impact on the FA decisions in the off season.

If the front office starts Tuel they are admitting failure and (loudly) proclaiming to the rest of the league the front office, with 20 million+ in cap room, cares more about the bottom line than wins and losses. As Bills fans, we already know this is the truth, but we don't need to demonstrate that to the rest of the league.

Again, pessimism, understandably fueled by years of losing. What if Tuel wins 1 of the next 4, (same as I would have expected of EJ), then EJ returns to bring the team 0 more wins to get to your 3 win ending? I find it incomprehensible that Tuel is the lynch pin for a successful recruiting campaign next off season. Again, recruiting will be done by the current stars, plus Jim Kelly, Bruce, etc.. Also, trust me, the ownerships proclivity for hoarding money flies in the face of the Mario contract - yes? Our cap situation is by virtue of our cheap costs due mainly to the age of the team - soon enough, when we pay our future stars, we will be at the cap. Think, don't just react.

I'm pretty certain Tuel would tank. Not because I'm a Bills fan. I'm pretty certain ANY third or fourth round good prospect would tank, let alone an UDFA who wasn't good in college and got benched as a senior. I'm rather optimistic for a Bills fan in fact. I like Whaley and Marrone but I also thought before that Tuel was a huge mistake, as well as Byrd and the LG and backup CB situation.

As far as a FA 2014 goes, you don't think that a playoff team, or near playoffs with a killer defense isn't a factor in a FA's decision versus a 5-11 team that was out of the hunt by week 8? I surely do. A lot of FAs wanted nothing to do with the Bills this year, and in years past, regardless of our pursuit in them.

If you don't think there are 15,000 crazy !@#$s out there who worship Tebow enough to buy tickets, then you haven't been paying attention to the Tebow circus. We don't need their kind at the Ralph.

Clearly there are hordes of Tebow fans drooling over his future career prospects, but there were not 15,000 Tebow jerseys attending Jets games, nor would there have been in New England.