Sprained knee on EJ

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself even more now. The first sentence is all you need... Tebow is a locker room cancer. END OF STORY.

When the capital letters come out, you know the vitriol is oozing. Did Tebow not sign your Sunday School Noah's Ark coloring book or something?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else concerned about EJs terrible footwork. I am a huge fan and believe the kid will be a good player for years to come but my god was he terrible with people around him. Peyton had happy feet for 2 years but he could overcome it with his arm and talent. EJ isn't cut from that cloth, when he sets and throws hes like a unicorn running through a valley, when hes rushed he looks like he is throwing the ball with his less dominant hand. Hackett as the OC leaves a lot to be desired, some calls are great others are terrrrible, its the NFL you cant run the same offense with Tuel as you do with EJ, the read option does not work!! At least EJ has to keep it a few times to make teams stay honest, way too predictable IMO. Hopefully next week we rebound after a Cincy team who has to play the Patsies.

Throws off his back foot a lot? Correctable but I hear you.

When the capital letters come out, you know the vitriol is oozing. Did Tebow not sign your Sunday School Noah's Ark coloring book or something?

You're mistaken, the vitriol is not directed at Tebow himself. He can't help the fact he's a terrible teammate and terrible QB for the NFL. The vitriol is directed towards people like yourself who continue to prop up a myth and legend rather than look at the actual facts and on the field play.

Tebow is not the answer for the Bills, nor is he the answer for any NFL team at QB. If he wants to play TE, maybe we can talk. But, he doesn't so we won't.

Signing Tebow would be the worst decision this franchise could make. I would rather bring Losman out of retirement. Tuel has a better arm, and that is saying a lot. Also, the last thing you do with a rookie QB who is showing promise, is bring the Tebow circus to town. You don't want to have his disciples calling for him to start after every single EJ incompletion (see: everywhere he has ever been). Get someone who is obviously a caretaker, and give EJ his few weeks, and we still win 7 - 9 games. It's not the end of the world.

TL;DR: God No!

Signing Tebow would be the worst decision this franchise could make. I would rather bring Losman out of retirement. Tuel has a better arm, and that is saying a lot. Also, the last thing you do with a rookie QB who is showing promise, is bring the Tebow circus to town. You don't want to have his disciples calling for him to start after every single EJ incompletion (see: everywhere he has ever been). Get someone who is obviously a caretaker, and give EJ his few weeks, and we still win 7 - 9 games. It's not the end of the world.

TL;DR: God No!

But, but, but, he won a playoff game!

My take is that either 1)This team believes EJ will miss more than "a few" games or 2) This really isn't a "rebuilding" year and they think they are good enough to mke the playoffs. Otherwise I do not think they would sign another QB who Marrone thinks has a chance to start this week. JMO. I hope it is the second option.

My take is that either 1)This team believes EJ will miss more than "a few" games or 2) This really isn't a "rebuilding" year and they think they are good enough to mke the playoffs. Otherwise I do not think they would sign another QB who Marrone thinks has a chance to start this week. JMO. I hope it is the second option.

No rookie coach believes in a rebuilding year. There are no such things as rebuilding years in the NFL anymore -- not for coaching staffs at least. With free agency, a reverse order draft, franchises are able to turn the page faster than ever.

Just not in Buffalo.

If this is accurate, the Bills need to add another QB. If I'm Josh Freeman, I'm much more interested in the Jacksonville opportunity than the Buffalo opportunity. At the end of the year, he'd obviously leave to go someplace with a better long-term opportunity to become a starter. From Freeman's perspective, why go through the effort of learning a whole new offense for a one year backup opportunity? Why not sign a multi-year deal, and learn the offense of the team you hope to be with over the long-term?

Assuming Freeman signs with someone other than Buffalo, where does that leave the Bills? We can't go into the next 6 - 10 games with Tuel as the only healthy QB on the roster. Trent Edwards is available. Edwards isn't starter material. But at this point, we have to be realistic about the face we're going to be getting a QB no one else wanted. Edwards is humble, he works hard, he has respectable physical tools, he's more accurate than Fitz, and he doesn't take stupid chances with the football. Given that the Bills are basically picking through other teams' leftovers, that might be the best deal we're going to get.

There is no Jacksonville opportunity

No rookie coach believes in a rebuilding year. There are no such things as rebuilding years in the NFL anymore -- not for coaching staffs at least. With free agency, a reverse order draft, franchises are able to turn the page faster than ever.

Just not in Buffalo.

I was thinking of the FO. I would hope the coaches would never think that way.

I'm no Tebow fan. BUT, that said, if we could somehow get Denver's thin air to come to Buffalo so our FG kicker can easily nail 59 yarder sat the end of the game, and teams we play for to sign Marion Barber as a RB so he can inexplicably run out of bounds to stop the clock when the Cowboys could have run it out and won the game, allowing for late game heroics, Tebow could be the answer.

I'll tell you why this is a great opportunity for freeman.

1) the way he went out in TB leaves a lot of questions about his character. Teams are going to be reluctant to sign him to a long term deal as it stands right now. He goes to a team and is a good team player, works hard, and gets a good endorsement from a new coach, then it makes the issue in TB look more like Schiano.

2) He's getting paid by the Bucs anyway, so anything else he gets is gravy

3) He comes to buffalo ASAP and he's guaranteed to play at least 2 games, probably more.

4) he's going to a team with a QB who has a similar skill set to him. The offense should be a decent fit.

5) we play Tampa this year.

There is no Jacksonville opportunity

You know this how?

Jacksonville's current QBs are Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. If Freeman gets himself added to a roster like that, he'd have an excellent opportunity to outplay rivals for the starting QB position.

There are a lot of kinds of baggage. I don't happen to know what kind Freeman has. I would find it VERY hard to believe he would be anything but a saint if he came to the bills right now! had a chance to start and play for a few games right away and reestablish his credentials as a starting QB in this league to other teams. There probably aren't any other places he could go in and play right away.

Funny that before 2 weeks ago we didn't know there was any baggage at all. I have a feeling if this was last year and the prospect of trading for Freeman,then, was a reality, people on this board would have jumped at it.

You know this how?

Jacksonville's current QBs are Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne. If Freeman gets himself added to a roster like that, he'd have an excellent opportunity to outplay rivals for the starting QB position.

I certainly don't know firsthand, but read on ESPN this morning that Caldwell has zero interest in him. They have Teddy Bridgewater in their sights.

But but but he was IN a playoff game. As a Bills fan, i wasn't sure if the NFL still had playoffs.

I certainly don't know firsthand, but read on ESPN this morning that Caldwell has zero interest in him. They have Teddy Bridgewater in their sights.

Caldwell seems to be a real arrogant dude.....he acts as if he has THE PLAN for building a team......so far, and it is clearly too early to tell, his plan sucks.

Here it is:

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia 59s

According to a league source, #Bills QB EJ Manuel will be back in as early as 4 weeks, but there is a possibility he'll be out 6 to 8 weeks.

:wallbash:

But but but he was IN a playoff game. As a Bills fan, i wasn't sure if the NFL still had playoffs.

Caldwell seems to be a real arrogant dude.....he acts as if he has THE PLAN for building a team......so far, and it is clearly too early to tell, his plan sucks.

DC has said from the very beginning - no Tebow. He just got the gig in January and they were really depleted of talent. If you don't have a QB, you don't have much. This was a bad QB draft so he decided to wait. He might turn it around, who knows.