Is Marcus Easley this teams version of Steve Tasker?

VirginiaMike

so we should give him game reps because there arent enough practice ones to go around?

Ummm, no. I think he should get some game reps to 1) see if his elevated play on special teams translates to his play at wide receiver; 2)to see if he isn't better than Hogan, who has done nothing with his few reps on game day; and 3)to spell injured receivers such as Stevie Johnson (who was barely effective while limping around on the field last Sunday and was no doubt aggravating an injury that he shouldn't have been aggravating) and Marquis Goodwin who injured his shoulder.

You mean to tell me that under those circumstances, it's merely "giving" him some reps in a game that aren't available in practice? Or are you just working at being a dick?

Edited by BuffaloBob

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tasker almost always was double teamed covering punts.

He was on AM Buffalo Monday mornings. He had blocked a punt Sunday and pulls up his sleeve Monday. He still had the imprint of the laces on his forearm.

Ummm, no. I think he should get some game reps to 1) see if his elevated play on special teams translates to his play at wide receiver; 2)to see if he isn't better than Hogan, who has done nothing with his few reps on game day; and 3)to spell injured receivers such as Stevie Johnson (who was barely effective while limping around on the field last Sunday and was no doubt aggravating an injury that he shouldn't have been aggravating) and Marquis Goodwin who injured his shoulder.

You mean to tell me that under those circumstances, it's merely "giving" him some reps in a game that aren't available in practice? Or are you just working at being a dick?

well, i had posted that coaches were evaluating him in practice, and you replied with that its hard to get enough practice reps to shine and youd like to see him in games.

the two statements together seemed pretty illogical to me.

if he isnt earning enough reps to get attention tuesday through saturday, he isnt earning a chance to get on the field sunday. given stevies injury, and goodwin having missed time this yaer - im guessing the coaches are seeing him run routes, read coverages, etc...

whether or not the coaches are right is a discussion we can have, but we have no access to the info they are basing the decision off of. i get it - as a fan seeing him would satisfy my curiosity too, but that doesnt mean its the right decision and i have no way of saying the coaches are wrong and basing it in any kind of fact.

Edited by NoSaint

well, i had posted that coaches were evaluating him in practice, and you replied with that its hard to get enough practice reps to shine and youd like to see him in games.

the two statements together seemed pretty illogical to me.

if he isnt earning enough reps to get attention tuesday through saturday, he isnt earning a chance to get on the field sunday. given stevies injury, and goodwin having missed time this yaer - im guessing the coaches are seeing him run routes, read coverages, etc...

whether or not the coaches are right is a discussion we can have, but we have no access to the info they are basing the decision off of. i get it - as a fan seeing him would satisfy my curiosity too, but that doesnt mean its the right decision and i have no way of saying the coaches are wrong and basing it in any kind of fact.

Marcus Easley led the NFL in receiving yards during preseason and at one point led the NFL in ST's tackles, probably still does, so when is enough, enough?

Hogan taking snaps over Easley in a live game is a joke ... :wallbash:

Marcus Easley led the NFL in receiving yards during preseason and at one point led the NFL in ST's tackles, probably still does, so when is enough, enough?

Hogan taking snaps over Easley in a live game is a joke ... :wallbash:

leading in special teams tackles doesnt tell me that hes making the right reads in coverage, executing hot routes properly, etc... im simply assuming that if he was looking GREAT in practice, hed be getting on the field. i dont know what issue the coaches are seeing or if its valid but clearly there is SOMETHING they dont like/trust about him at WR

If Tuel does indeed start at KC, I think he showed enough chemistry wit Easley in pre-season to get a shot as #2 or three (with Stevie or Goodwin/TJ in the slot). If we need to stop the running game and go to a more wide open attack, that is. He is tall and seems to be a good hands guy. In a way he would fill a David Nelson kind of role that the team doesn't have right now. I am in favor of him getting some reps, have been since pre-season.

Of course, I think no matter who starts we should run a double tight end set and run the ball as much as possible. Unless we go down by more than 13 or so.