Piling onto the ROOKIE EJ Manuel is moronic

I agree. I think we should expect games like this our of a rookie. I think EJ is the future of this team, although yesterday -for the first time- made me seriously begin to question that. Let us see what the rest of the season brings. Hopefully this is a bump in the road. I think a major portion of the blame goes to the o line and play calling. Even so, EJ was totally off all day.

What I don't understand is why he was not pulled in the late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter. I know most will say that they don't want him to lose confidence or that he gave us the best chance to win. Frankly, I do not buy either argument. He learned nothing by being in there at that point in the game. Indeed, you could argue that staying in shook his confidence more. Even so, if the guy can't handle taking a seat for a quarter, he is not the kind of guy that is the future of the team. In addition, he did not give us the best chance to win, His passed were wildly inaccurate. The defense, although not great, kept us in the game as did the Jets stupid mistakes, I just think a change of pace with Tuel may (not definate) have given the team a better chance.

There will be bumps in the road with rookies, we all get that, but when there are bumps, the coaches must manage the situation, just letting him faulter in there helps nobody.

With that - let the criticism of this post begin!

Yea bench him when it's 20 all after he tied the game.. How does he learn if you pull him out of the game ? Is this a serious post?

Jeff Tuel sucks btw.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E.J. Manuel had a bad game yesterday, there is no denying that. And it probably will not be the last time he has a bad game.

Some of the comments made by some fans here about Manuel are ridiculous.

The guy is going to have to take the good with the bad, that's what happens in this game.

I have confidence in Manuel, and I believe he will get better.

Hackett on the other hand, has become a great concern to me, and I hope Marrone recognizes this.

The read option has been a failure since week 1, and the constant use of the fade route yesterday, was awful.

By all rights the Bills had no business being in that game late in the 4th quarter. I was shocked that they tied it up.

The defense had a rough day too, but they delivered when they had to.

Two interceptions put the Bills in excellent field position, and they came away with only 6 points. Not good.

Yes Manuel had a bad day, but Hackett is who worries me more.

E.J. Manuel had a bad game yesterday, there is no denying that. And it probably will not be the last time he has a bad game.

Some of the comments made by some fans here about Manuel are ridiculous.

The guy is going to have to take the good with the bad, that's what happens in this game.

I have confidence in Manuel, and I believe he will get better.

Hackett on the other hand, has become a great concern to me, and I hope Marrone recognizes this.

The read option has been a failure since week 1, and the constant use of the fade route yesterday, was awful.

By all rights the Bills had no business being in that game late in the 4th quarter. I was shocked that they tied it up.

The defense had a rough day too, but they delivered when they had to.

Two interceptions put the Bills in excellent field position, and they came away with only 6 points. Not good.

Yes Manuel had a bad day, but Hackett is who worries me more.

I believe most rational fans would agree with this entire post.

- Pressure all day

- Running game is predictable

- EJ is in bad third downs all day

- Does Hacket have a CLUE of how to give his ROOKIE QB a safety valve....where where the FB passes to the flat

- Screens?

EJ Manuel did not play well today.....did people really think there were not going to be bumps in the road this season? He was sacked what.....7 times? I feel like Hackett had his nose in "The complete idiots guide to offense" and was running it chapter by chapter....since when is it a good idea to play power football with CJ Spiller.....where was the hot read for EJ?

And what is this moronic "but Geno played well so EJ should have done it to" Were the jets missing their top defensive backs like were? Were the jets missing their top safety like we were? Do you HONESTLY think McKelvin or Gilmore would have been burned all day like Justin Rogers was? Marcel Darius? We were decimated by injuries going into this game and just kept taking more as the game goes on.

Come on people get grip

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm glad there are still a few rational Bills fans here

hes an nfl quarterback

last week he was the hero

this week he wears the blame

thats life

Yup, pretty simple stuff I blame Rogers personally

I agree. I think we should expect games like this our of a rookie. I think EJ is the future of this team, although yesterday -for the first time- made me seriously begin to question that. Let us see what the rest of the season brings. Hopefully this is a bump in the road. I think a major portion of the blame goes to the o line and play calling. Even so, EJ was totally off all day.

What I don't understand is why he was not pulled in the late 3rd quarter early 4th quarter. I know most will say that they don't want him to lose confidence or that he gave us the best chance to win. Frankly, I do not buy either argument. He learned nothing by being in there at that point in the game. Indeed, you could argue that staying in shook his confidence more. Even so, if the guy can't handle taking a seat for a quarter, he is not the kind of guy that is the future of the team. In addition, he did not give us the best chance to win, His passed were wildly inaccurate. The defense, although not great, kept us in the game as did the Jets stupid mistakes, I just think a change of pace with Tuel may (not definate) have given the team a better chance.

There will be bumps in the road with rookies, we all get that, but when there are bumps, the coaches must manage the situation, just letting him faulter in there helps nobody.

With that - let the criticism of this post begin!

Did you write this post just hoping for criticism ? Mcfly the game was tied, what in tarnations are you talking about ?

It was EJ. It was the OL and it was the WRs. Just because others struggled doesn't mean EJ gets a free pass for his mistakes. He was horrendous yesterday. It was about as bad of a performance as I've seen at the QB position in a long while.

Really. Really?

You must be looking for criticism. This is just silly stuff.

Here's a Hackett quote from our boy wonder for all you haters out there..

“I can help with the play that’s called and with his adjustments, but he needs to go through those pains of, ‘Oh crap what am I looking at?’

“When he gets a feel for that then it will become normal. It’s just like when Army guys beat the (stuff) out of each other so they know how it feels and know how to survive. It’s the same thing for us. We have to mess him up as much as we can so when it happens in the game he’s cool and it doesn’t bother him. That’s why I want Coach (Pettine) to give me everything in practice with his defensive calls and do everything he can to see how it all works.”

Edited by BUNCH OF MULARKEY

This board is inconsistant I swear. 1st week most were like he's ok 2nd week they were like He's the man 3rd week they say he sucks I wonder what will be said this week. This board is just as inconsistant as EJ but nobody here can almost win or win an NFL game. He's still a rookie in his 3rd going into his 4th game even Russell WIlson didn't come on until week 8. Keep calm and remeber Drew Brees didn't feel it until his 4th and final season as a charger. Food for thought...

Who are these rookie quarterbacks?

A) 3-13, 26 TD, 28 INT, QB rating: 71.2

B) 0-11, 9 TD, 18 INT, QB rating: 55.7

C) 1-4, 3 TD, 8 INT, QB rating: 56.9

D) 3-13, 12 TD, 14 INT, QB rating: 76.9

E) 4-12, 22 TD, 17 INT, QB rating: 83.8

F) 4-6, 7 TD, 14 INT, QB rating: 54.9

G) 8-8, 17 TD, 16 INT, QB rating: 76.9

The answers?

A) Peyton Manning

B) Troy Aikman

C) Steve Young

D) Warren Moon

E) Jim Kelly

F) John Elway

G) Drew Brees

Last I heard, those guys all turned out OK.

The sky is not falling.

Thats a great point, however its just hard being a bills fan and thinking we are still a couple of years away after losing 13 straight seasons...

Go Bills, for the love of god, go Bills

The answers?

A) Peyton Manning

B) Troy Aikman

C) Steve Young

D) Warren Moon

E) Jim Kelly

F) John Elway

G) Drew Brees

The sky is not falling.

Good point. I'd say the better analogs are Eli and Flacco as they are more of the "modern era." Eli was particulaly mediocre for the majority of his first FOUR seasons. The NY fans and media were after him right up until the Super Bowl run in 2007. I would still question Flacco's new contract as I don't think he's in the elite category. EJ struggled and was indecisive but he didn't turn it over (save for one fumble which could not be reviewed) and managed to have his team tied in the 4th quarter.

The giveaways usually accompany such struggles and I think it's a good sign that he managed to protect the ball while having these issues. Eli is a turnover machine when things are going wrong with the Giants offense.

The answers?

A) Peyton Manning

B) Troy Aikman

C) Steve Young

D) Warren Moon

E) Jim Kelly

F) John Elway

G) Drew Brees

The sky is not falling.

Plus the Bills and Jets would have the same record if it wasn't for a bonehead play by a LB.

Anybody who was praising EJ after game # 2 was dilusional

The final drive was bascially checkdowns, one questionable PI and a wide open SJ on blown coverage

The reason for dismay is EJ is 13-31 on passes greater than 10 yards

After years of Captain Checkdown and Ryan "can't throw to the sideline or post" Fitzpatrick its extremely discouraging to have another QB who looks unable to deliver on medioum to long passes

Nathaniel Hackett f___ed himself when he cut three very promising receivers.

Fine. -You couldn't keep Rogers because of the character issues, or whatever the excuse was.

But why Cut Dorin Dickerson and Brandon Kaufmann? To keep who? -TJ Graham, and Tashard Choice?

You REFUSE to work Marcus Easley into the offense despite his promising pre-season. What the hell is wrong with you, man?!

WHERE ARE EJ'S WEAPONS??????

He is a QB in the NFL now... Expect it, Learn to handle it, If you want it to change, win.

Sounds simple enough.

Nathaniel Hackett f___ed himself when he cut three very promising receivers.

Fine. -You couldn't keep Rogers because of the character issues, or whatever the excuse was.

But why Cut Dorin Dickerson and Brandon Kaufmann? To keep who? -TJ Graham, and Tashard Choice?

You REFUSE to work Marcus Easley into the offense despite his promising pre-season. What the hell is wrong with you, man?!

WHERE ARE EJ'S WEAPONS??????

The Easley thing is a real puzzle.

- Pressure all day

- Running game is predictable

- EJ is in bad third downs all day

- Does Hacket have a CLUE of how to give his ROOKIE QB a safety valve....where where the FB passes to the flat

- Screens?

EJ Manuel did not play well today.....did people really think there were not going to be bumps in the road this season? He was sacked what.....7 times? I feel like Hackett had his nose in "The complete idiots guide to offense" and was running it chapter by chapter....since when is it a good idea to play power football with CJ Spiller.....where was the hot read for EJ?

And what is this moronic "but Geno played well so EJ should have done it to" Were the jets missing their top defensive backs like were? Were the jets missing their top safety like we were? Do you HONESTLY think McKelvin or Gilmore would have been burned all day like Justin Rogers was? Marcel Darius? We were decimated by injuries going into this game and just kept taking more as the game goes on.

Come on people get grip

Did you expect anything else? The tone of this board has changed so much that I stop by just once or twice a day for injury update and other information like reports.

The offense needs to slow down in certain situations. Huddle up and let EJ get time to process what's next. Where's the shame in that? I realize Hackett wants to go fast but seriously, he has a rookie QB trying to get his feet under himself. That said, EJ could have performed better. Looked panicky.

Edited by DerekJ

Here's the reality for all you EJ apologists. If you can't accurately predict the career trajectory of a qb after 73 minute playing time of regular season football in his rookie year, well, you ain't paying attention.

Are you actually being serious here? This is one of the crazier things I have read this week and there have been many insane posts.