I just want to stop and say......I love this damn team...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told my boys as EJ took the field for that last drive, that this could be the first day of the rest of our football lives...and I thinnk it was for all of us...hoping EJ and the Bills crush the Jets and add to the winning feeling.

my 16 year old daughter turned to me as stevie caught the touchdown pass and said, "dad, that was different."

It remains to be seen but this just feels, and looks, different. I'm not trying to be ageist, as I am an old guy myself, but the Brandon and Whaley front office, leading the Marrone, Pettine, Hackett led team, with the young QB, looks and is a whole different animal. It's a fresh start and it's already refreshing. Energy and enthusiasm is significantly different. There is not very many decision makers that have been making decisions that led to all those dreary years. Half the players are already gone from the 7-9 seasons as well. The feeling and the look in the building and on the field doesn't have a lot of similarity to previous Bills teams.

It has to be proven on the field, over a couple years, but the worm could well have finally turned. I'm excited.

That is all

But will you still love them if they lose 23 - 13 to the Jets and EJ throws 2 picks due to rookie learning curve and we fumble away another, resulting in 3 short field Jet scoring drives (but otherwise look pretty good as a team) ?? That is the big question. I am looking for improvement among the inevitable setbacks. I see a premature playoff bandwagon starting to roll .... we've seen this before. But on the other hand, fan stands for fanatic, so all good. go bills.

But will you still love them if they lose 23 - 13 to the Jets and EJ throws 2 picks due to rookie learning curve and we fumble away another, resulting in 3 short field Jet scoring drives (but otherwise look pretty good as a team) ?? That is the big question. I am looking for improvement among the inevitable setbacks. I see a premature playoff bandwagon starting to roll .... we've seen this before. But on the other hand, fan stands for fanatic, so all good. go bills.

I think he will. I know I will. In that split second when EJ was picked, but before I realized there was a flag on the field, I felt satisfied that the team had taken another step in the right direction. Sure I was disappointed that, in that instant, we appeared to have come up short, but was overall pleased with what I thought was in many ways a solid performance from the team. Maybe that is lowered expectations, but I look at it, as KTD mentions above, part of the maturation process of a young team, young coaching staff and young front office.

So, if we don't get a PI this week that allows us to steal the W at the end, but otherwise, as you say, take positive steps, I'll be very happy.

That is all

I've always been in it deep, but this team.... Man this team is intoxicating.

They are so cohesive and fun to watch, so much talent so many play makers. This one draft class has more collective talent and potential than the last 5 combined.

The coach is on the podium acting like he lost because they had to have some lucky breaks to win and made key mistakes, instead of acting like he won a Super Bowl.

The defense is aggressive and fast with big fast players.

The offense has elusive players, slippery players and electric players. The QB fires absolute lasers down the middle or lofts sweet touch passes to the flat.

My 4 year old and 1 year got to attend their fist game last week.... Just incredible.

The payoff for loving the disappointing Bills is when that singular moment of redemption finally does arrives it will be the biggest, sweetest moment of our lives. Like a 53 year tantric orgasm.

PTR

I, as i am sure many others, will stop to think about those who have left this earth yet shared so many of those experiences with us.

It will be so awesome when the Bills do finally win it all. Lets hope we are on that path. This team makes me think we are.

The payoff for loving the disappointing Bills is when that singular moment of redemption finally does arrives it will be the biggest, sweetest moment of our lives. Like a 53 year tantric orgasm.

PTR

Wild wishcasting here: imagine if the Buffalo Bills were to win the SB in New Jersey this year?

That would be the biggest, most ridiculous, ironic and mind blowing thing that could happen in football this year, short of Tebow leading the Jags to the playoffs.

I doubt Jersey would ever recover from that, and it would give us lifetime ownership of them.

I have a, new, dream.

Ill like it a lot better when they open the offense up bc its pretty boring and aggravating to watch right now

Love the defense but its obvious the up tempo offense not being able to keep drives going is wearing them down as the game goes on

Ill like it a lot better when they open the offense up bc its pretty boring and aggravating to watch right now

Love the defense but its obvious the up tempo offense not being able to keep drives going is wearing them down as the game goes on

there is a whole lot of newness there that needs time to gel. you usually think about the word "gel" with the offensive line. but when this rookie HC, with his rookie OC, and his rookie QB, get all the timing and rhythm down this offense will purr like a kitten...a big, angry kitten with big, nasty teeth.

Patience is a virtue and has its rewards

my 16 year old daughter turned to me as stevie caught the touchdown pass and said, "dad, that was different."

Kids say the darndest things !!

When the regular season started I did not know what to expect from the Bills.

In some ways I still do not know what to expect. And there's a long way to go in this season.

One thing I will agree with is that there is a different feeling about this team.

The attitude of the Bills is a whole lot different than the passive, downplayed, stoic attitudes of recent teams.

You look at the coaching staff and the players and you can see that they are out there to win.

That alone gets me excited about the Bills.

Whether it happens this year or not, I believe it is safe to say that there is something special in store for the Bills.

I Love This Team! GO BILLS!!!!!