I just want to stop and say......I love this damn team...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I watched the Wall of Famers receive their jackets on Sunday it just seemed that the team that has been created on the field for this season finally has elements that made prior teams winners. Booker Edgerson and Billy Shaw from the championship years ... Joe D and Fergie from the Electric Company era ... Kelly, Andre, and Thurman from the 90's. Teams that wanted to win and teams that played hard on the field.

Since the turn of the century there has been one clear element missing from each team that has come out of the tunnel and that has been a hunger for winning. There have been players that wanted to win obviously and no athlete shows up to lie down on the field. However, the hunger and the commitment to winning just never has seemed as apparent as what I am sensing from Doug Marrone's team. Watching the veteran leadership in Fred Jackson as well as the exuberance of Eric Wood whose swagger has to energize his teammates and then there is EJ, just a kid. EJ has the "it" factor and every interviewer who has commented on their conversations with EJ whether local or national media all refer to how he controls the room. His teammates talk about his confidence and we are just beginning to see his abilities.

Since my first Bills game the Rockpile in 1962 versus the Dallas Texans through this Sunday, I have always "bled Bills' red, white and blue" but I am so looking forward to more dancing and shouting post game moments like this past Sunday. We are headed in the right direction and I know that on home game Sunday's there is no other place that I would rather be at than THE RALPH to cheer my Buffalo Bills as a proud member of the WALL OF FAME!

Hard, hitting Blitzing defense, along with a good running game and good rookie QB, whats not to love. Just wait when Gilmore and Byrd are added.

Don't forget solid coverage. I was hoping the departure of Catavolos would help our cbs. They all look much better. Love the robey kid and Leo has been stellar IMO. Aaron Williams a force. I was REALLY worried about these DBs after losing Gilmore (even more so after brooks and Byrd). Let see how they do against a good WR unit. Oh wait, we don't have to for a few weeks. Jets, ravens, browns up next. Then Gilmore should be back to battle Aj Green.

As I watched the Wall of Famers receive their jackets on Sunday it just seemed that the team that has been created on the field for this season finally has elements that made prior teams winners. Booker Edgerson and Billy Shaw from the championship years ... Joe D and Fergie from the Electric Company era ... Kelly, Andre, and Thurman from the 90's. Teams that wanted to win and teams that played hard on the field.

Since the turn of the century there has been one clear element missing from each team that has come out of the tunnel and that has been a hunger for winning. There have been players that wanted to win obviously and no athlete shows up to lie down on the field. However, the hunger and the commitment to winning just never has seemed as apparent as what I am sensing from Doug Marrone's team. Watching the veteran leadership in Fred Jackson as well as the exuberance of Eric Wood whose swagger has to energize his teammates and then there is EJ, just a kid. EJ has the "it" factor and every interviewer who has commented on their conversations with EJ whether local or national media all refer to how he controls the room. His teammates talk about his confidence and we are just beginning to see his abilities.

Since my first Bills game the Rockpile in 1962 versus the Dallas Texans through this Sunday, I have always "bled Bills' red, white and blue" but I am so looking forward to more dancing and shouting post game moments like this past Sunday. We are headed in the right direction and I know that on home game Sunday's there is no other place that I would rather be at than THE RALPH to cheer my Buffalo Bills as a proud member of the WALL OF FAME!

Great post. :thumbsup:

Jeebus Shoretalk :worthy:

And John, thanks for being the first to stand up and say it.

Me too. I'm not surprised though.

The stars are about to align for us Bills fans

:thumbsup:

Thanks, JfH. Refreshing thread on so many levels.

Shoretalk - it just can't be expressed any better. And I'm glad you took a moment to compliment Eric Wood. He's a player's player in every sense. Has been since day one. We got our new Bemiller and Hull locked up for years to come.

And I think we may have FINALLY found our new Kemp and Kelly.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -

That perches in the soul -

And sings the tune without the words -

And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -

And sore must be the storm -

That could abash the little Bird

That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -

And on the strangest Sea -

Yet - never - in Extremity,

It asked a crumb - of me.

Emily Dickinson would clearly be a Bills fan.

As would Edmond Dantes: "

Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart,

and never forget, that until the day

God will deign to reveal the future to man,

all human wisdom is contained in these two words,

'Wait and Hope.”

Live my Bills brethren. For to live is to believe that things can be better. To live is to hope.

Told my boys as EJ took the field for that last drive, that this could be the first day of the rest of our football lives...and I thinnk it was for all of us...hoping EJ and the Bills crush the Jets and add to the winning feeling.