Today is my Birthday

HelloNewman

Today I celebrate my 35th birthday and my wife is the only one who bothers to put any effort into it.

The rest of my family does not even bother to send me a $2.00 card in the mail. They cheap out and send me those free ecards.

Does anyone out there believe that if someone sends you an ecard they are showing you they are too cheap to buy a $2.00 card and put it in the mail?

I know it is the though that counts but geez......talk about cheaping out!!!

Today I celebrate my 35th birthday and my wife is the only one who bothers to put any effort into it.

The rest of my family does not even bother to send me a $2.00 card in the mail.  They cheap out and send me those free ecards.

Does anyone out there beleive that if someone sends you an ecard they are showing you they are too cheap to buy a $2.00 card and put it in the mail? 

15638[/snapback]

welcome to my life, I get no cards, no gifts at on my birthday, but heaven forbid that I forget to send someone in my family a card....sometimes I wish I was an orphan....

By the way, Happy Birthday.

The rest of my family does not even bother to send me a $2.00 card in the mail.  They cheap out and send me those free ecards.

Does anyone out there believe that if someone sends you an ecard they are showing you they are too cheap to buy a $2.00 card and put it in the mail? 

15638[/snapback]

Possible reasons:

1) They are environmentalists, and do not want to kill trees, just so you can have a card, which you will look at, say "Aww, that's nice," then throw it away.

2) Their subtle way of saying that you spend too much time on the internet.

3) They just don't care.

4) All of the above.

Happy Birthday!! :devil:

welcome to my life, I get no cards, no gifts at on my birthday, but heaven forbid that I forget to send someone in my family a card....sometimes I wish I was an orphan....

15639[/snapback]

I feel for ya......seems like that is standard operating procedure for many families in today's society

15638[/snapback]

What happened to the old addage, "it's the thought that counts"?

Seriously though, at least your wife gave you something, if she didn't, you might have an argument. I don't want to sound like a prick or anything but I think after you reach a certain age, other people stop sending cards and things. It's not necessarily nice but it seems that's how things are nowadays. I personally still try to send a card in the mail at least, it shows the thought.

15639[/snapback]

But you are an orphan! They left you on the steps of The sisters of Saint Peters, you were then traded for a box of tissues to the Carmelites who then in turn pawned you off on your current keepers.

Quitcher bitchin'. You're 35. There comes a point when people stop sending cards because they are actually being nice. :)

What happens to regular cards with most people? They open them, look for cash, and toss them in the trash. It's not like most people spend more than a minute and a half looking for the "acceptable" card anyway.

A "son is a son until he takes a wife." That probably rings true for what, 90% of dudes? If you ain't getting the appropriate love from the fam, there may be some fingers pointing your direction too.

In any event, happy fuggin' birthday! :devil:

Post your address, we will all send cards.....If I didnt buy my birthday gifts (and Xmas) I wouldnt get any. My wife just doesnt know what to buy me.

Happy birthday, but really, are you 35?

or 9 years old?

15639[/snapback]

Maybe if you were a "great guy" like your co-worker NG, you would get more cards! :devil:

Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday to You,

Happy Birthday Dear Newman,

Happy Birthday to You! :devil:

Be happy Newman....Some people don't have a spouse or anyone

to wish them a happy birthday!

Look at all your Bills friends here~ We care & Wish you a special day!