SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love watching this team and their hour long scoring droughts...

I can't stand hearing how teams get hot shooting from three like it's an excuse. It happens all the time because of the zone. The zone leads to win accumulation in the regular season but you always run into a hot shooting team at some point in the tourney.

Edited by Bel9777

Got to say that Virginia was impressive. They are big and strong and played that way. The refs let both teams play, and they out-physicaled us on defense, and just hit a lot of shots. I think the home court helped them too. Lot of energy.

Our offensive issues will get better when a Grant gets healthy. Cooney and Gbinije showed flashes, and I am convinced we will see cooney get out of his funk. I liked Roberson in garbage time.

I think this team is still a solid 1 or 2 in the east.

is it just me or is this team not got any calls since the end of the Duke game last week? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the ACC rest don't give Syracuse a call for the rest of the season in protest of Boeheim's outburst

Edited by JM57

Yeah, solid beat-down. I give UVA all the credit in the world. They play solid defense, they play smart and calculated on offense, and they are very well-coached. Very disciplined and classy group.

No excuses, but I'd like to replay that game with a healthy Grant. They killed us down low without him.

Gotta beat Ga Tech and FSU, and make a solid run in the ACC tourney, for a chance at a 1 seed IMO.

Yeah, solid beat-down. I give UVA all the credit in the world. They play solid defense, they play smart and calculated on offense, and they are very well-coached. Very disciplined and classy group.

No excuses, but I'd like to replay that game with a healthy Grant. They killed us down low without him.

Gotta beat Ga Tech and FSU, and make a solid run in the ACC tourney, for a chance at a 1 seed IMO.

They won't lose out, and they're still projected as a #1 because everyone else has been losing all week too!

Not sure I disagree with that. They are solid.

The reality is that syracuse is probably a 2 in the east. No shame in that.

It seems that sometimes the 2 seed is actually better for teams. It seems like an occasion the 1 gets caught off guard when they play the 8/9 winner as opposed to blowing out the #16. Usually your 2/15 games are pretty good to watch, at least for most of the game, but then the #2 gets by the 7/10 winner easily. Unless of course you're talking about a historically weak #2 like Georgetown a few years ago

Edited by JM57

Espn is saying Kansas should jump them for #1 seed for some reason.

I guess SU losing their 3rd game of the year on the road to the #12 team in the nation while down one of the top players in the nation is a lot worse than Kansas losing their 7th game of the year on the road against an unranked team. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I guess SU losing their 3rd game of the year on the road to the #12 team in the nation while down one of the top players in the nation is a lot worse than Kansas losing their 7th game of the year on the road against an unranked team. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

This.

Similar to Duke...their amount of losses and their inconsistency will hurt them with the selection committee. That said, anything is possible with a dominating performance in your conference tourney.

Haha-- well, when you put it that way....

Well said.

I do think the committee is going to want to see Grant healthy and the team playing well, even without a deep conference tournament run.

I feel better coming out of this 3game trip than I felt going into it.*

I don't think people realize either how laughably hard NC St tried to throw the game away, or how truly terrible BC is. And they were both at home. Those two games were practically a season killer for me. Of course people rationalized them the way fans rationalize things. "Hey Scrooge we find a way to WIN like always because we're WINNERS!" and then "well we weren't going undefeated so...".

So naturally after a brutal 3game road trip where we basically win 1.5 of 3 with Grant useless in 2 of them, now there is panic setting in. :doh:

Even yesterday isn't that terrible as I go back & watch it. It's a 3pt game when Ennis picks up his 4th and this Anderson kid who is a 29% 3pt shooter just drills 3 of 4 like it's nothing, including one he catches at his ankles in the deep corner....whatever.

* Assuming Grant is back to form at some point, otherwise we're obviously going nowhere and there's nothing left to talk about.

FWIW staying ahead of Duke is way more important than Kansas for MSG. So root for UNC to beat them again, otherwise the likely semi's matchup vs them in the ACCT is a big game.