SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Horrible game. You could tell it wasn't going to be their night with all the little rim outs and missed chip shots.

I am okay losing and playing well. But they just laid an egg-- everyone was off. Just a bad game.

A bigger issue is that CJ Fair has now lost his jumper for 2 straight games. He needs to find it again.

Edit: just checked the box score. Fair went 7-23 from the floor.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

i'd rather we lose to a 2 win BC team than to any amount of win UVA any day of the week

Big +1 there Pooj...

UVA fans have been trolling the SU board I frequent pretty badly for the past couple weeks. Worse than any BE fans I have ever seen, and that's saying something with all the Yukon dee bags.

The defense was slow and lazy all night long. CJ Fair was wild and ineffective. Cooney had 2 freakin field goals tonight! You just don't win games like that. I don't care who you are playing. This team is slumping right now, and I honestly think that this loss is the best thing that could have happened to them.

I'm in much more meltdown mode than you guys. It's one thing to struggle vs an NIT team but BC is not that - they really are a horrific basketball team. I mean they're seriously the equivalent of a 16 seed. Maybe we're better off with a 2seed. I love JB but we do have our share of unprecedented embarrassments; that's just a fact unfortunately.

Disappointed....and now over it. They're slumping, plain and simple. They're still the best team in the nation. I was hoping for undefeated, but I guess there's a reason it never happens. Onward and upward.

GO CUSE!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I'm in much more meltdown mode than you guys. It's one thing to struggle vs an NIT team but BC is not that - they really are a horrific basketball team. I mean they're seriously the equivalent of a 16 seed. Maybe we're better off with a 2seed. I love JB but we do have our share of unprecedented embarrassments; that's just a fact unfortunately.

It was a perfect storm of schitt-itude. A really bad team playing out of their minds, and a really good team playing very poorly...without any intensity or focus. I really think this team needed this kick in the pills. Let's see how they respond on Saturday.

It was a perfect storm of schitt-itude. A really bad team playing out of their minds, and a really good team playing very poorly...without any intensity or focus. I really think this team needed this kick in the pills. Let's see how they respond on Saturday.

I hope they respond well. But...

It is not out of the question that they drop the next 2; going undefeated to a 3-loss team in 5 days.

I hope they respond well. But...

It is not out of the question that they drop the next 2; going undefeated to a 3-loss team in 5 days.

If that gets them back to the place they were a few weeks ago, I'm all for it.

It was going to feel like a loss if they didn't blow them out. BC is bad, they have 2 wins in the conference both against VT- and we lost to them at home... It's pretty bad.

Like I said, I just can't get to this place. I don't care how bad BC is, Cuse has been playing bad enough to lose to UB. I also anticipate all of my sports teams losing every game they play, so when they win its a pleasant surprise, when they lose its expected. Years of the Bills and Sabres will do this to a man. I think it all started at the "Willie Parker" game...

This.

This is what is troubling. We can't have sluggish games against bad teams like this-- which is basically how we have been upset in the past.

Frankly, the 5.5 man rotation is killing us now. nobody seems to have any legs. Get Roberson, gbinije, and baye more minutes.

This.

This is what is troubling. We can't have sluggish games against bad teams like this-- which is basically how we have been upset in the past.

Frankly, the 5.5 man rotation is killing us now. nobody seems to have any legs. Get Roberson, gbinije, and baye more minutes.

I just don't buy into this "fatigue" explanation. These are young kids...exceptional athletes. Jim Boeheim rarely goes more than 7 deep, and usually plays only 6 players down the stretch. Last year, MCW played 40 minutes just about every game toward the end.

I think the lackluster play as of late is more related to stagnation. Being undefeated and winning lots of close games without playing good basketball. We know what this team is capable of. We saw them dominate in Maui. We saw them play exceptional basketball against good teams like Duke and Villanove. To me, this team has a good a chance as any team to win 6 games in the tournament. It's all about momentum and getting hot at the right time. I'd rather them slump in February than in March, and I am sure this team will return to form.

It's amazing the people treating this team like they're a fringe top 25 team right now.

Big +1 there Pooj...

UVA fans have been trolling the SU board I frequent pretty badly for the past couple weeks. Worse than any BE fans I have ever seen, and that's saying something with all the Yukon dee bags.

The defense was slow and lazy all night long. CJ Fair was wild and ineffective. Cooney had 2 freakin field goals tonight! You just don't win games like that. I don't care who you are playing. This team is slumping right now, and I honestly think that this loss is the best thing that could have happened to them.

Don't sleep on Virginia, they are very good. With the right draw I could easily see them getting to the 2nd week of the tournament. Bennett is a hell of a coach.

As far as last nights game, Cuse was due to lose one of these games. There is a reason why no team has gone undefeated in college basketball in over 40 years. It is dam hard to bring your A game every night. Add in the fact they we are dealing with 18-21 year old kids & laying an egg against a horrible BC team last night at home happens once in awhile.

Syracuse will be fine. Even if they lose to Duke & Virginia they will still be a 1 seed. I don't know if you guys have checked the locations but when they get that 1 seed they are going to be sent here to Buffalo. Last time they were sent here to the Arena I don't know if any of you guys were in town but it was a Syracuse love fest. Had to be 80% Syracuse fans here. They cruised beating Vermont & the Gonzaga. Then if they get the 1 seed in the East they will be sent to the Garden. I don't think it could setup any better for them. I mean they are not going to have to leave the state of NY until the final 4. This setup is even better I believe then when they won the NC in 03 when they were sent to Boston & then Albany. The only thing that worries me is if they lose to Duke Saturday & then lose to them again in the ACC Tourney. Will the committee place Duke as the #1 seed in the East & slot Cuse as a #2 seed in some other region? The ACC tourney is played in Greensboro I have been down there twice for that tourney & although Duke brings their fans there it seems like every other schools fans route against Duke so it will be interesting to see what kind of fans turn out if Cuse plays them in the championship. If they end up playing UNC you might as well play that game in Chapel Hill, it will be all UNC fans there.

I also anticipate all of my sports teams losing every game they play, so when they win its a pleasant surprise, when they lose its expected. Years of the Bills and Sabres will do this to a man. I think it all started at the "Willie Parker" game...

Haha, I think this is what bothers me. There's supposed to be more parity in the pro's. Yet we can never ever ever beat the f***ing Patriots. 2014 hasn't even started yet and the Bills are already 0-2. I know nobody in NE cares about BC but it's just, extremely annoying that 'Cuse can't be the Pats to BC's Bills.

I just don't buy into this "fatigue" explanation. These are young kids...exceptional athletes. Jim Boeheim rarely goes more than 7 deep, and usually plays only 6 players down the stretch. Last year, MCW played 40 minutes just about every game toward the end.

I think the lackluster play as of late is more related to stagnation. Being undefeated and winning lots of close games without playing good basketball. We know what this team is capable of. We saw them dominate in Maui. We saw them play exceptional basketball against good teams like Duke and Villanove. To me, this team has a good a chance as any team to win 6 games in the tournament. It's all about momentum and getting hot at the right time. I'd rather them slump in February than in March, and I am sure this team will return to form.

It's amazing the people treating this team like they're a fringe top 25 team right now.

Dominated Maui is a stretch. They were all tough games and Cal & Minnesota were each missing key bigs (more important than BMK to us, probably like a Rak equivalent).

Syracuse will be fine. Even if they lose to Duke & Virginia they will still be a 1 seed...

The only thing that worries me is if they lose to Duke Saturday & then lose to them again in the ACC Tourney. Will the committee place Duke as the #1 seed in the East & slot Cuse as a #2 seed in some other region?

Duke is absolutely the #1 in the East if they beat us twice - that's what last night cost us.

Unless we win 2 of 3 on this road trip (unlikely imo) we'll be on a collision course w/ them in the ACCT semi's.

Then again as God awful as we've played in some of these home games (St Francis, Miami, ND, NC St, BC) maybe it doesn't matter that much where this team plays.

I really want to avoid facing a Louisville or Iowa in the Sweet 16 - they're just as likely to be 4's as 3's I think..

I would agree with you, but Cooney looked gassed. I mean, we needed a 3-pointer near the end, and he wasn't even in the game.

I wonder if some of this is a "mental" toll too. You play a million close games, it can wear on you mentally.

The up-side is that we will be really mentally tough and confident come tourney time (hopefully).

Unc making some major waves.....knockin down that 8th in row by shutting duke down in the 2nd half.

Would be nice to see Cuse hand duke their 2nd loss of the week.

Good win for your boys Ryan. Goes to show you that in college basketball it's all about getting hot at the right time. I will say that based on what I have seen from UNC in the past few games, I'd rather Syracuse not face them for the remainder of the season.