SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

i really wish he could rest one more game and be abso-frigging-lutely ready for saturday!

From the article and my own guessing... He will probably play limited minutes to get him back in gear so he is full go on Saturday. I would imagine we see something like 10 or so minutes. I'm thinking that Saturday (okay i'm hoping) was a wake up call and they come out ready to destroy BC. Last place team in the ACC is the perfect warmup for Duke.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC is baaaad. Last place ACC doesn't even do them justice.

If there was an all New England conference they'd be behind the following teams (just going by kenpom ratings):

Umass, Harvord, Providence, Boston U, Quinnipiac, Holy Cross, Yale, Brown.

If we can't run them out of the gym we got issues.

BC is baaaad. Last place ACC doesn't even do them justice.

If there was an all New England conference they'd be behind the following teams (just going by kenpom ratings):

Umass, Harvord, Providence, Boston U, Quinnipiac, Holy Cross, Yale, Brown.

If we can't run them out of the gym we got issues.

I think they need that. I will be LOUD during the game as the last few have been very lackluster from a fan perspective. I was very disappointed in the crowd noise (and Cuse as well of course) Saturday. It was dead in there!

Getting psyched for the game tonight. I hope Keita gets some good minutes. Not a lot, I just don't want his first game back to be against Duke. I also hope we blow them out. I enjoy all wins, regardless of how ugly they are, but I really want a statement game heading into Duke. Plus, if we're winning big, Ennis and CJ will get some extra rest.

Go CUSE!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

gonna be interesting to see how this team does during this stretch....a long road trip, some tough teams, tough places to play, this will be a real barometer as to what to expect from them in the tourney

Getting psyched for the game tonight. I hope Keita gets some good minutes. Not a lot, I just don't want his first game back to be against Duke. I also hope we blow them out. I enjoy all wins, regardless of how ugly they are, but I really want a statement game heading into Duke. Plus, if we're winning big, Ennis and CJ will get some extra rest.

Go CUSE!

gonna be interesting to see how this team does during this stretch....a long road trip, some tough teams, tough places to play, this will be a real barometer as to what to expect from them in the tourney

I guess duke has a similar stretch. Coach k said it would simulate a final 4 set-up. I think the same is true for us. If we can run the gauntlet here, we will be really battle tested for tournament time.

this is exciting. shouldn't be. but it is.

People talk about football and the SEC. That teams that play in the SEC, even finishing at the bottom, are better then teams outside of the conference. This is what the ACC is actually like. There are a lot of weaker teams in the ACC, the last few years especially but BC is proof that the underdog is always going to fight you. Boston College has beat a lot of great ACC teams in the past few seasons.

I get a lot of ACC games down here - it's amazing to see great teams crumble, stumble and fall against such weak opponents. Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Clemson are very good at knocking off the top.

They deserved to lose for wearing those ugly blue shorts.

Seriously though, Syracuse went flat in the 2nd half and BC played their hearts out. Kudos to them for a great game. I hate to say it, but there is almost a sense of relief losing that 1st game. I thought it would come on Saturday tho.

i kinda feel the same way...they lost and i was just kind of 'eh' ok, time to focus on duke

wonder why no Keita in the second half, hopefully it wasn't an issue with his knee, hope it was just to get him a few planned minutes and plenty of rest

They deserved to lose for wearing those ugly blue shorts.

Seriously though, Syracuse went flat in the 2nd half and BC played their hearts out. Kudos to them for a great game. I hate to say it, but there is almost a sense of relief losing that 1st game. I thought it would come on Saturday tho.

well at least we will not see those uniforms again.

Ennis had a few 3's he did not take at the end, but BC deserved it, that patient offense and making the 3 is the way to do it.

offense has these long flat lulls and this time it bit them

Annoying that it is immediately going to be followed up by experts exclaiming that Syracuse has been lucky, benefited and opportune times, now facing the brunt of a tough schedule, seeing what real competition is...etc.

They surely will exclaim that Syracuse has been lucky, but no one will say that BC was "real competition." Boston College is a bad basketball team. Horrible loss and there is no excuse. I think they would have lost to a JV team tonight.

i do have to shoulder some, if not all, of the blame tonight...i made a conscious decision to not have a beer tonight...previous games i have nursed one or two until the final five minutes which then turned into a drink fest because the games we so close...tonight i decided to not drink

It was going to feel like a loss if they didn't blow them out. BC is bad, they have 2 wins in the conference both against VT- and we lost to them at home... It's pretty bad.

It's not that bad it happens to every ACC team. Losses to NcSt and BC will happen from time to time.

Cuse running cold. Easily coulda lost to Pitt and NcState.