SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

I don't really want to think about a lineup w/ Rak on the bench if Keita can't go. Grant needs to man the 5 under all those scenarios. Sure he can probably handle it 'cause he's a freak and there's no Patrick Ewing nowadays, but it exposes him to too much potential foul trouble, which we obviously can't afford. Also, Clemson's bigs are terrible.

Not saying it's ideal, but it's nice to know that we can go to this line-up in a pinch. Won't be as effective with teams who have taller/more athletic big men though. I was impressed with how this group played though, particularly defensively and on the glass.

I have a hard time seeing Grant returning. He's projected as a lottery pick.

Agreed, unfortunately.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boeheim said yesterday in his weekly spot on the local radio show that Keita will be a game time decision. Who does everyone want to see get more minutes tonight if Keita can't go and Rak needs rest or gets in foul trouble? Gbinije or Roberson?

I would personally want Roberson to get the lions share of minutes at the 3/4 position when Grant moves to center. I wouldn't want to risk the only backup guard that has played important minutes in conference play getting in foul trouble playing SF. I like Patterson, but Pitt isn't the ideal game to see him get his first real exposure in.

GO CUSE!

Boeheim said yesterday in his weekly spot on the local radio show that Keita will be a game time decision. Who does everyone want to see get more minutes tonight if Keita can't go and Rak needs rest or gets in foul trouble? Gbinije or Roberson?

I would personally want Roberson to get the lions share of minutes at the 3/4 position when Grant moves to center. I wouldn't want to risk the only backup guard that has played important minutes in conference play getting in foul trouble playing SF. I like Patterson, but Pitt isn't the ideal game to see him get his first real exposure in.

GO CUSE!

No brainer. Roberson to see increased minutes if Keita is a no-go. Need Gbinije to soak up some guard minutes. If Christmas get into foul trouble, don't be surprised if we see that lineup with Grant at the 5, Fair at the 4, Roberson/Gbinije at the 3, and Cooney and Ennis as the guards. Not ideal, but will do in a pinch.

Here's to hoping Keita is ready to go tonight. BIG game. LGO!!!

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

i actually hope we can keep keita on the bench tonight...give him the extra rest, let roberson/silent g/patterson get some minutes...someone mentioned pittsburgh is banged up as well, plus, is boeheim really concerned about the undefeated record? he may use this game as a learning and playing time game for the bench players...

No brainer. Roberson to see increased minutes if Keita is a no-go. Need Gbinije to soak up some guard minutes. If Christmas get into foul trouble, don't be surprised if we see that lineup with Grant at the 5, Fair at the 4, Roberson/Gbinije at the 3, and Cooney and Ennis as the guards. Not ideal, but will do in a pinch.

Here's to hoping Keita is ready to go tonight. BIG game. LGO!!!

i just hate using refs as an excuse, they are bad, but Syracuse makes shots and they have no impact on that half

I don't. They're awful

I'm shocked Roberson hasn't seen the court yet. Even if foul trouble isn't an issue, Rak should have gotten a little more of a breather.

I had to turn off the volume with 14:00 minutes left. The fans jizzing in their pants for every Pitt basket, SU foul, SU turnover, SU shot getting blocked even though a foul was called was too much for me to handle. I wanted to turn it back on at the end when they were reviewing the clock (?) but I didn't want to ruin the juju.

I don't get the constant blaming of officiating. Sometimes it's better than other nights but every game people complain about the refs. Is it really bad every game? Maybe you should adjust your expexctations.