SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

My prediction for tomorrow is a narrow Cuse victory. If their hitting a high 3pt % it'll be tough, but if we kill the boards like we have been we'll be okay.

X Factor - The best freshman on the court tomorrow will be Ennis. Don't get me wrong, if it was the NBA Draft, I'd still take Parker on ability and size alone, but Ennis is essentially a senior in my mind. Clutch kills.

GO CUSE!

I will take that!

This is probably the worst comparison, but Ennis reminds me of Lazarus Sims during our 96 run. Just really steady. (Ennis obviously brings a lot more to the table).

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take that!

This is probably the worst comparison, but Ennis reminds me of Lazarus Sims during our 96 run. Just really steady. (Ennis obviously brings a lot more to the table).

I can't remember much of Sims personally but I heard a comparison today that I really liked. It was Tony Parker. Ennis isn't as quick but I'd say that he plays just as smooth as Parker. And both have a tremendous ability to finish at the rim amongst the trees.

Talked to a bunch of people at the gym today. All consensus. Don't like Cuse to flat out win. Even UNC fans want Duke to win. That's like the ...that just doesn't happen. That's like a Pats fan wanting the Bills to beat the Pats then get their balls ripped off. People here think Cuse can win but Duke is too good at the threes. UNC fans were more doubtful Syracuse wins then Duke fans. Duke fans say there is a good chance and didn't disrespect them just gave it more as doubtful then optimistic.

Either way, hard spot for me because I like Duke and Cuse. Only because UNC fans want Duke to win I am going to cheer Orange. And Duke I my favorite team.

Talked to a bunch of people at the gym today. All consensus. Don't like Cuse to flat out win. Even UNC fans want Duke to win. That's like the ...that just doesn't happen. That's like a Pats fan wanting the Bills to beat the Pats then get their balls ripped off. People here think Cuse can win but Duke is too good at the threes. UNC fans were more doubtful Syracuse wins then Duke fans. Duke fans say there is a good chance and didn't disrespect them just gave it more as doubtful then optimistic.

Either way, hard spot for me because I like Duke and Cuse. Only because UNC fans want Duke to win I am going to cheer Orange. And Duke I my favorite team.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like UNC fans really want Cuse to lose because of how it would look if the ex Big East teams came in and just dominated the conference from the jump.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Sounds like UNC fans really want Cuse to lose because of how it would look if the ex Big East teams came in and just dominated the conference from the jump.

I understand the sentiment. Let's say the shoe was on the other foot...Duke joins the Big East and is just tearing apart the league. As a Cuse fan I would be cheering for any and all BE teams to beat Duke. Also would probably be making excuses as to why Duke is overrated. Jealousy. Will be a good game tonight. Expect JB to extend the zone and really get after their shooters.

Damn right.....hate having to root for Duke. Old ACC stand up!

Can't let you big Easters walk around like you own the place.

Duke is beatable, just don't let Rodney Hood get started though. Cuse should win with better size, duke has no center of worth iirc.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I understand the sentiment. Let's say the shoe was on the other foot...Duke joins the Big East and is just tearing apart the league. As a Cuse fan I would be cheering for any and all BE teams to beat Duke. Also would probably be making excuses as to why Duke is overrated. Jealousy. Will be a good game tonight. Expect JB to extend the zone and really get after their shooters.

If Cooney is struggling, Gbinije's length at the top of the zone could be a big factor if he sees extra minutes.

Damn right.....hate having to root for Duke. Old ACC stand up!

Can't let you big Easters walk around like you own the place.

Duke is beatable, just don't let Rodney Hood get started though. Cuse should win with better size, duke has no center of worth iirc.

If their 3 point % is hovering around 45-50% it could be a long frustrating day for the Cuse. Personally, I get more worried about Dawkins heating up like he did against Pitt . I expect Parker and Hood to get theirs, it's stopping the other guys from doubling their usual production that is the key in my mind.

I don't think SU matches up well with Duke, they shoot too well.

Cuse played about as good as they could in the first half and they're only up 3. I don't feel good about the second half, don't think they can score enough. Hopefully cooney can get hot and Duke gets cold