Chuck Norris personally selects NFL team for quarterback Tim Tebow

Just what we needed here on TSW...Another FN Tebow debate! :rolleyes: There's a reason why he's a street FA. Please let us move on to other subjects, Tebow is so 2011.

Not to quibble, but isn't a street FA an undrafted free agent out of the college / other non-NFL ranks? He's just an Unrestricted free agent because he has full rights to sign with anyone, but has an NFL track record already.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to quibble, but isn't a street FA an undrafted free agent out of the college / other non-NFL ranks? He's just an Unrestricted free agent because he has full rights to sign with anyone, but has an NFL track record already.

No! A college free agent is a UDFA or Undrafted Free Agent, a veteran player whose contract expires is either a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) or Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA), and a player that gets released from a team because it no longer wants him or because he's not good enough is commonly referred to as a "Street" Free Agent. He's on the "streets" beating the bushes for a job is the reference I imagine. Tebow, as I said, is a "Street" Free Agent.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Me, too. Chuck Norris once counted to infinity...twice.

That's impossible.

I gotta be honest, I don't get the Chuck Norris joke thing. So sometime around, what? 2005? People started making jokes saying that this admittedly-amusing-in-retrospect 80's action star is capable of incredible feats. Why? Where did it start? Let me try one: Chuck Norris doesn't have to even get his lawnmower out of the garage. He just looks at his lawn and it's mowed? When Chuck Norris goes to a pizza place he doen't even have to order, they know what kind of pizza he likes just by the look he gives? This is how stupid the Chuck Norris joke thing sounds to me. Maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old man, but I don't get it. Nor do I get anyone thinking Tebow would be a successful CFL 2nd stringer.

No! A college free agent is a UDFA or Undrafted Free Agent, a veteran player whose contract expires is either a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) or Unrestricted Free Agent (UFA), and a player that gets released from a team because it no longer wants him or because he's not good enough is commonly referred to as a "Street" Free Agent. He's on the "streets" beating the bushes for a job is the reference I imagine. Tebow, as I said, is a "Street" Free Agent.

I had always figured it was like, "guy off the street" as opposed to "guy we drafted" - sort of like a walk-on as compared to a college recruit. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Fair enough, after doing some research, looks like you're right!

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

I had always figured it was like, "guy off the street" as opposed to "guy we drafted" - sort of like a walk-on as compared to a college recruit. We'll get to the bottom of this!

Fair enough, after doing some research, looks like you're right!

All good. We can all learn something from each other on TSW.

Players don't win games, teams do.

Tebow has only completed 47.9% of his NFL passes. That's scary low. His QB Rating is 75.3 and his QBR is 34.3. Those numbers don't scream "Franchise Quarterback."

Tebow's faith and celebrity aren't the fundamentals reason he's unemployed. It's a shortage of skill.

Players don't win games, teams do.

Tebow has only completed 47.9% of his NFL passes. That's scary low. His QB Rating is 75.3 and his QBR is 34.3. Those numbers don't scream "Franchise Quarterback."

Tebow's faith and celebrity aren't the fundamentals reason he's unemployed. It's a shortage of skill.

You'll have a hard time convincing a number of posters here on that one. I have read here that QBs can win games all by themselves and that they can magically make a ****ty offense and defense much better just by their presence.

You'll have a hard time convincing a number of posters here on that one. I have read here that QBs can win games all by themselves and that they can magically make a ****ty offense and defense much better just by their presence.

well done!!!

Post of the day IMO.

Tebow is a weenie who is just a wishful thinking magnet for religious nuts..

He can hold a clip board with the best of them, but he'll NEVER be an NFL starter.

And for anti-religious nuts looking for an excuse to bash the other side.