This most definately is not the same old bills

Sorry dude like I said I'm making a large under wager in Las Vegas Ill get better odds and I'm sure to collect when I win. You can make your bet in Vegas too if you want

Good luck to ya your going to need it

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make any kind of a bet now, with basically no data to work from, you need to be a real gambler.

I'm not a real gambler.

But even as bad as they sucked the past 2 seasons, they managed to win 6 games. And 3 years ago when they were beyond painful to watch, they managed 4 wins.

Given that, 4.5 wins to me does not seem like a very big reach at all.

Sorry dude like I said I'm making a large under wager in Las Vegas Ill get better odds and I'm sure to collect when I win. You can make your bet in Vegas too if you want

Good luck to ya your going to need it

Weak.

You're full of crap and you know it.

You would never make that bet in Vegas because you know you'd lose.

And you also know that if we made a public bet here on The Stadium Wall that neither of us would renege because it would ruin our reputations to do so.

The bet still stands if you want to be a man about it.

If you want to chicken out that's your prerogative. You should man up, recant your weak claim or drop it altogether because this is making you look bad.

Again:

How about a small $100 wager.

We'll set the over/under at 4.5 games.

If they win 5 or more I win. Four wins or less and the money is yours.

You know - money is nice, but as far as credibility stands, you can both look back on this thread and say, "I was right", or, "I was wrong". I happen to take more solace in knowing my POV is right - when winning such bets - than in the money. I like to know my reasoning, my perception, all the things that go into making predictions, are validated, and it reinforces my trust in my ability to percieve things accurately. Thats really what I get out of these types of bets. Just being a fan, it's not always - I think we'll make the playoffs every year. You can be a fan and still say, "I don't think we'll win 5 games this year". But, to say one or the other every year, indiscriminately, just deflates one's credibility, I think.

And, my prediction, this early in the game, is 9 wins. Sure, we might only get to 6 - but I feel like we'll be improved from last year, dramatically. If we lose a lot of games, it'll be by close margins. Of course, if key injuries occur, it kind of throws it all out the window. Still, my prediction for this year, no money tied to it, is 9 wins.

Edited by KeisterHollow

Sure you will. When you want to do a "for the public record" bet, let me know. Until then you're not putting your money where your mouth is.

You know - money is nice, but as far as credibility stands, you can both look back on this thread and say, "I was right", or, "I was wrong". I happen to take more solace in knowing my POV is right - when winning such bets - than in the money. I like to know my reasoning, my perception, all the things that go into making predictions, are validated, and it reinforces my trust in my ability to percieve things accurately. Thats really what I get out of these types of bets. Just being a fan, it's not always - I think we'll make the playoffs every year. You can be a fan and still say, "I don't think we'll win 5 games this year". But, to say one or the other every year, indiscriminately, just deflates one's credibility, I think.

There's zero satisfaction in the money for me. I've made numerous predictions on this board that turned out right and that is a big source of satisfaction for me.

My point with the money was to prove that Joe W doesn't stand behind the opinions that he spews.

Clearly he doesn't have any courage in his opinions. He just trolls here.

I'm not sure anyone that isn't otherwise an idiot would take the over/under at 4.5 games. The opening line in Vegas was 6.5. If you get anyone to bet you at 4.5 San Jose, I want in. LOL.

I'm not sure anyone that isn't otherwise an idiot would take the over/under at 4.5 games. The opening line in Vegas was 6.5. If you get anyone to bet you at 4.5 San Jose, I want in. LOL.

Well I'm not gonna call them idiots but for the record, these guys set their own line for the over/under:

this team will be lucky to win three games.

They'll win 3 games Ill give them that, they'll be real lucky to win 5 games

While I won't call them idiots, their posts certainly eliminate the possibility that they know anything about NFL football.