Rookie Minicamp

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video up on bb.com

http://www.buffalobi...d5-7eaf48317a50

!@#$ Chris Brown. Red under shirt beneath a different colored red polo!? They got Stevie !@#$ing Wonder in charge of wardrobe!?

Thanks for posting...EJ and Tuel couldn't get the ball out fast enough to hit Goodwin in stride...that dude is frickin blazing fast :thumbsup:

Video up on bb.com

http://www.buffalobi...d5-7eaf48317a50

!@#$ Chris Brown. Red under shirt beneath a different colored red polo!? They got Stevie !@#$ing Wonder in charge of wardrobe!?

Understanding of course that these are 7 on 7 passing drills but has anyone watched this?

It's worth watching.

Thanks BC.

How many times did Stevie get the ball thrown accurately to him, in stride, so he could outrun defenders? I bet I could count it on one hand.

He's so good in his routes that it doesn't matter to me if he has lacks elite top end speed. He's always a deep threat because he can beat just about any CB you put in front of him. There were times he got open deep and Fitz couldn't get him the ball.

That does seem to be what they have him working on first. From the reports we've heard two days in, that seems to be the big problem. That this seems to be a known quantity is slightly reassuring, but it looks like Manuel is going to need a lot of polishing.

Not surprising. He's been doing it his way for some time now so it will take time (and certainly more than a couple days) to unlearn his old habits and learn the new way of doing things.

What I want to know is: a) did he not receive coaching on footwork in college, b) did he receive coaching but it was different from the way the Bills want him to do it, or c) did he receive coaching and just couldn't learn it?

I'd rather they/us/everyone need to worry about his feet instead of worrying about his arm strength/accuracy/etc.

I know fixing his feet might hurt his accuracy but I really do prefer that to be his biggest problem to address.

Fixing his feet should only help his accuracy, not hurt it.

What I want to know is: a) did he not receive coaching on footwork in college, b) did he receive coaching but it was different from the way the Bills want him to do it, or c) did he receive coaching and just couldn't learn it?

Fixing his feet should only help his accuracy, not hurt it.

I'm guessing B, he received coaching but the new coaching is different.

EJ's been coached by Ken Mastrole of the Mastrole Passing Academy.

As far as the footwork/accuracy issue, I would think that initially his accuracy might suffer until he commits the new techniques to his latent muscle memory.

JMO.

I'm guessing B, he received coaching but the new coaching is different.

EJ's been coached by Ken Mastrole of the Mastrole Passing Academy.

I figure it would be B as well, and that it will take some time to undo 4 years of coaching by Bowden and Fisher. And he's only been working with Mastrole since January.

As far as the footwork/accuracy issue, I would think that initially his accuracy might suffer until he commits the new techniques to his latent muscle memory.

Gotcha.

Thanks for posting...EJ and Tuel couldn't get the ball out fast enough to hit Goodwin in stride...that dude is frickin blazing fast :thumbsup:

I like the speed, but I don't see Goodwin as your typical deep-threat receiver. Everything I've seen makes me think that he's a Randall Cobb type weapon. Jerk-routes, Kick/punt return, perhaps coming out of the backfield every so often... I hope Marrone gets it right with Goodwin, because if he gets it wrong, it'll be a waste of good talent.

Ever heard of Lynn Swann or Michael Irvin? ;)

I know WR's wear those numbers, you just don't see them often, that's all.

Goodwin wore #84 at Texas. Scott Chandler wears that number for the Bills.

If we see him this season ;)

Edited by Braedenstearns

Excited about Woods and Manuel (though, we only really see highlights in these videos), intrigued by Goodwin. Manuel sure does throw a nice ball.

He does, doesn't he? Effortless, and the ball really hums out of there. We haven't had a QB who threw like that since RJ -- although I hope that's all they have in common. ;)

He does, doesn't he? Effortless, and the ball really hums out of there. We haven't had a QB who threw like that since RJ -- although I hope that's all they have in common. ;)

Very nice to see a 20 yard pass that doesn't require a pitcher's windup to deliver.