Rookie Minicamp

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as EJ sounds good, and looks good on paper, some of the write ups are concerning. Here's hoping he can get the accuracy dialed in. Having a smooth and strong arm means nothing if the ball goes no where near the WRs.

This was the knock on him coming out of college. It made me initially not want him. I mean, we just rid of an inconsistent QB, right?. I did watch a couple of his games and am less concerned.

But it is a concern until proven otherwise IMHO.

But he's my guy now.

Go BILLS !!!

What a refreshing change. A respectful, hard working, well spoken young man. Please God let him be a great QB as well.

+1

As much as EJ sounds good, and looks good on paper, some of the write ups are concerning. Here's hoping he can get the accuracy dialed in. Having a smooth and strong arm means nothing if the ball goes no where near the WRs.

EJ was the most accurate passer in college out of all those QBs that were drafted in the 2013 draft. It was something like 68%. He was also the most accurate passer among the college QBs when it came to 20+ yard throws. His biggest knock in college was that he held on to the ball too long.

Football! This year is going to be fun.

Absolutely. At least the offense will not be boring.

Some people are going to blow every missed pass, every wrong read, by Manuel this summer WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. The kid can throw the ball - an ability in him that is almost like breathing in most of us - accurately enough to make most passes. Sure, he'll have bad days - as do all QB's - and he won't always look perfect on every play, BUT, it's the great plays, the big passes, the make-something-out-of-nothing plays that he'll make that are going to be the real game changers.

Frankly, I'm not going to read too much into anything I read about this summer. We'll see how he plays come August, and then September. In the meantime, lets try not to over-analyze every word and every single pass this kid makes.

Duuuuuuuuuude. My goodness.

Some people are going to blow every missed pass, every wrong read, by Manuel this summer WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. The kid can throw the ball - an ability in him that is almost like breathing in most of us - accurately enough to make most passes. Sure, he'll have bad days - as do all QB's - and he won't always look perfect on every play, BUT, it's the great plays, the big passes, the make-something-out-of-nothing plays that he'll make that are going to be the real game changers.

Frankly, I'm not going to read too much into anything I read about this summer. We'll see how he plays come August, and then September. In the meantime, lets try not to over-analyze every word and every single pass this kid makes.

Good luck with that. :lol:

I'm a little concerned about what I've heard. I mean the guy is already a practice into his career and he's still having footwork issues. I don't know how much longer this franchise can afford to stick with this guy. I mean we haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years!

Apparently it's called "double cheeking it." As per Trent Dilfer. Fitz' problem was that he had to expend so much energy in throwing the ball, his accuracy suffered.

Yep. When Fitz was miked up, you could hear him grunting to throw the ball with any velocity. It took Fitz a lot of effort to throw a deep ball, but it always seemed it was thrown up for grabs because that was the best he could do. I never knew this was called "double-cheeking" but Trent is right. EJ isn't double-cheeking.

I'm a little concerned about what I've heard. I mean the guy is already a practice into his career and he's still having footwork issues. I don't know how much longer this franchise can afford to stick with this guy. I mean we haven't been to the playoffs in 13 years!

He didn't complete almost a third of his passes in college. Thats barely a few percentage points better in college better than erratic passers like Flacco and big ben. This guy cant hit the broad side of a barn.

Also he underthrew that guy from Texas that runs a 4.2 40.... Noodlearm.

And when he does throw the deep ball it doesn't even look like he's trying, so there may be an effort issue there as well.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

This was the knock on him coming out of college. It made me initially not want him. I mean, we just rid of an inconsistent QB, right?. I did watch a couple of his games and am less concerned.

But it is a concern until proven otherwise IMHO.

By any measure objective or subjective, EJ is a very accurate thrower.

The "experts" who criticize his accuracy have zero basis in fact for that opinion. It was an uninformed view that was parroted by people who form their opinions by reading the work of lazy analysts.

This has been hashed out for weeks here. Where have you guys been?

Watch the videos. Look at the stats. Look at the advanced stats.

EJ is extremely accurate.

What a refreshing change. A respectful, hard working, well spoken young man. Please God let him be a great QB as well.

I just like that when he speaks we can hear what he has to say. Fitz was often mumbling about what we didn't do, or what we couldn't get done. This young man speaks as thought he expects everything to work, and everyone around him to work as well. Where I come from thats called Leadership.