Manti Te'o at 46?

Dude, you have to learn the difference between having a bad day and getting run off the field. You say the dude can play? Against lesser talent, maybe. It doesn't get easier in the NFL.

PTR

In fairness, Alabama had basically a NFL line. 2 first round picks and another guy who will be drafted soon. It was boys vs. men.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL --- we have a winner for most hysterically ironic post of the draft weekend. Thanks for participating everyone!

We shall see won't we. I'll be here to receive my abuse if I'm wrong. But note I said he MIGHT not get drafted at all, but he WON'T be drafted today, so do I get any credit if I'm right about that?

PTR

In fairness, Alabama had basically a NFL line. 2 first round picks and another guy who will be drafted soon. It was boys vs. men.

So why draft him if an NFL line stops him?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Te'o rep is more a function of the ND hype machine than actual performance. He had some decent games against middling opponents. Big stage, title game? He looked like how I would look like on that field. Red flag with flashing neon arrows.

PTR

Show me a guy at 46 without uneven play or question marks and ill show you a guy you never watched. He played awful that day- the whole team was, but he flat missed some reads and tackles he had to make. Not trying to excuse or forget those. To only look at one game is ridiculous though. He's a second tier inside linebacker and depending on how the round falls if he goes at 46 he might be the 3rd or 4th ILB taken this draft even

Just as much as his hype was ND, the hate likewise is. Truth is he's a reliable kid with a good head for the game and middle of the pack athleticism that can hold him back.

Edited by NoSaint

Take It For What Its Worth. I Sat In A Chalk Talk Room And Listened To Merril Hoge Slam This Guy.

Oh, the guy that demanded we cut Stevie and said it was a huge mistake to let him even travel with the team after the jets penalty. He's reasonable in his opinions!

We shall see won't we. I'll be here to receive my abuse if I'm wrong. But note I said he MIGHT not get drafted at all, but he WON'T be drafted today, so do I get any credit if I'm right about that?

PTR

I meant his d line got bullied. Hard to be a good LB when you are always engaged. He had a very poor game no doubt and had maybe the worst offseason of any prospect. But he still had plenty of good moments too.

Not sure he will fall but if he did and we got our WR at 41 like Woods or Hunter.

Thoughts?

No thanks on Te'o...I just feel there will be better prospects available at that time...Keep in mind I've felt Manti's value started in Round 3 all along...

And I like the idea of Woods or Hunter at #41...But don't sleep on Keenan Allen if he slides...He's a legit WR prospect... B-)

I meant his d line got bullied. Hard to be a good LB when you are always engaged. He had a very poor game no doubt and had maybe the worst offseason of any prospect. But he still had plenty of good moments too.

Look at the video I posted earlier in this thread. Every play he was on the field in 8 minutes.

PTR

PTR

Yes, you'll get some credit if he's not drafted today. I think you're wrong.

And no LB that can be blocked by an OL should be drafted?

He had some decent games against middling opponents.

Actually, he had numerous outstanding games against very good opponents throughout his career.

Just as much as his hype was ND, the hate likewise is.

PTR's overt hatred for ND isn't hype.

Edited by KD in CT

the guy has a solid, solid body of work - played damn good against MANY MANY QUALITY teams (for just one example, check out youtube clips of him playing Stanford - with three NFL lineman on that line) and watch him murder people all game long

In our defense we played like garbage that entire game.

He'll obviously be picked tonight, he is just trolling you guys.

Te'o didn't make an impact in the BCS Championship, but the entire team was outclassed. Frankly, from the video and watching every play that was posted, I came out of that thinking that he played better than I've heard reported. That defense as a unit played like garbage.

He was a Heisman contender for a reason - sure he played some amazing games against weak competition and some amazing games against good competition, some average ones, and an inopportune poor one.

I don't think the Bills should draft him, but he's going to be picked tonight and most people denigrate him now because of the whole catfish situation and the strong suspicion that he's homosexual.

Edited by akm0404

NO. Most overrated, overhyped player in the history of the NFL draft

I think that's a bit extreme. More so than Jemarcus Russell? How about Denver trading all of their picks to get Tebow? Those are just a couple of examples in the past few years