Unbelievably tragic story - DeAndre Hopkins Background

this guy is the perfect WR for Buffalo IMO. great all around WR. insanely good hands, think he had like 16 catches in Clemson's bowl game. Would be late 1st rounder/early 2nd rounder.

if we land hopkins and geno..........ill be dancing in the street.

Really long arms, too. He can really get up there and catch the ball at its highest point even when covered. Compared to Roddy White.

this guy is the perfect WR for Buffalo IMO. great all around WR. insanely good hands, think he had like 16 catches in Clemson's bowl game. Would be late 1st rounder/early 2nd rounder.

if we land hopkins and geno..........ill be dancing in the street.

I could actually see that....good combo.

IMO, DeAndre Hopkins is the #1 WR in this draft, ties with Tavon Austin. I like them both better than Patterson, because I believe they're readt to "start right now" in the NFL, and I think Patterson might not be a plug n play starter. I've always thought 1st rounders should be ready to play immediately, and I think Hopkins and Austin are ready to start immediately.

Hopkins ability to track the ball and contort his body to make difficult catches is Grade A. He also has great leaping ability to go up and get it as well as strong hands to rip away those 50/50 balls. You can't overlook his 18 TD receptions last season either. A very impressive statisitic given Clemson only had 13 games.

My predicition is that Hopkins goes somwhere in the 15-25 range.

Would love him as a Bill, but unless the Bills move around in the 1st round I don't see it happening because I think #8 is just a bit too high for Hopkins and I don't think there's a chance he's there at #41.

You know that old blues trope, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"? Sounds like this kid's life story. With the size of the black cloud hanging over his head, anyone with a superstitious bone in his body would stay as far away as possible from him. His family sounds completely dysfunctional; what would make anyone think he who grew up in that environment isn't as well?

You know that old blues trope, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"? Sounds like this kid's life story. With the size of the black cloud hanging over his head, anyone with a superstitious bone in his body would stay as far away as possible from him. His family sounds completely dysfunctional; what would make anyone think he who grew up in that environment isn't as well?

Ummm... because he persevered and worked his ass off and turned himself into one of the top players in the country at his position and a likely #1 NFL draft pick? Doesn't seem to have been in any trouble at all. I read where he has a great work ethic. Played two sports in college.

haha i read that story earlier.... shows a certain level of.... idiocy... to trash the hotel room that your employer is paying for while your interviewing. it takes a huge amount of idiocy to leave feces in the room.

may be a great player but.... i dont know that he fits the "grown ass man" style of drafting bouncing around the board today.

Edited by NoSaint