OK so serious question....do we now have a qb that can get TJ Graham t

When I go back to my film of last year I see a TJ Graham open A LOT deep......with a QB who simply couldnt get it there

Yes....TJ dropped a lot of balls

But the question still remains......in Kevin Kolb we appear to have a QB with an arm.......do we know have the ability to get TJ Graham the ball for however many games Kolb stays healthy (provided he starts)

When I go back to my film of last year I see a TJ Graham open A LOT deep......with a QB who simply couldnt get it there

But the question still remains......in Kevin Kolb we appear to have a QB with an arm.......do we know have the ability to get TJ Graham the ball for however many games Kolb stays healthy (provided he starts)

The arm seems to be a question mark. Old scouting evals said "good not great arm". People who seem to have watched him lately say "doesn't throw deep" but that might be a function of OL porosity, hard to throw completions when you're sitting on your a** before the guy gets deep.

We'll see.

He was sacked alot in Philly/ alot.

I am taking a guess but i have hope he will open up the field for us as compared to last years quarterback.

Hopefully with a running game and an offensive line(?) in front of him he will make use of the opportunity.

An improvement over Fitz and a good fit for Hackett/Marrone

Kolb is pretty good throwing on the run, and working a hurry up offense. That is why we signed him, IMO. He has decent arm strength, probably slightly better than Fitz, whose problem on the deep ball was 10x more an accuracy issue than an arm strength issue.

is that yes he can hit TJ deep on the run or a maybe?

is that yes he can hit TJ deep on the run or a maybe?

It's a maybe. I think they only signed him for the ability to run and throw on the run and throw short and intermediate passes, not because he can hit TJ deep, has a huge arm or is accurate on the deep ball. I think he's probably better than Fitz at it though.

KK

Team Year Games Sacked

Philly 2008 6 0

Philly 2009 5 3

Philly 2010 7 15

AZ 2011 9 30

AZ 2012 5 27

RF

Team Year Games Sacked

Cinci 2008 13 38

Bills 2009 10 21

Bills 2010 13 24

Bills 2011 16 22

Bills 2012 15 30

Kolb was sacked more in his 14 games for Arizona: 57, than Fitz was sacked in his last 31 games with Buffalo: 52

Fitz was sacked more at Cinci in 13 games than he ever was as a Bill. And incidentally, those were the only games he saw action in at Cinci.

There is something to be said for OLine play... and scheme.

Edited by Nanker

KK

Team Year Games Sacked

Philly 2008 6 0

Philly 2009 5 3

Philly 2010 7 15

AZ 2011 9 30

AZ 2012 5 27

RF

Team Year Games Sacked

Cinci 2008 13 38

Bills 2009 10 21

Bills 2010 13 24

Bills 2011 16 22

Bills 2012 15 30

Kolb was sacked more in his 14 games for Arizona: 57, than Fitz was sacked in his last 31 games with Buffalo: 52

Fitz was sacked more at Cinci in 13 games than he ever was as a Bill. And incidentally, those were the only games he saw action in at Cinci.

In fairness to the objective discussion, there's also something to be said for a quarterback who holds the ball too long versus a quarterback who gets the ball out on time.

In fairness to the objective discussion, there's also something to be said for a quarterback who holds the ball too long versus a quarterback who gets the ball out on time.

But how do you account for a 5-6% sack rate on the Philly offense, and then immediately a 12-13% sack rate on the Cards? The Cards really put him in a bad offense for his skills. He's a quick decision WCO kind of guy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KolbKe00.htm

But how do you account for a 5-6% sack rate on the Philly offense, and then immediately a 12-13% sack rate on the Cards? The Cards really put him in a bad offense for his skills. He's a quick decision WCO kind of guy.

http://www.pro-footb.../K/KolbKe00.htm

It's mostly due to Reid's quick passing offense. Michael Vick's sack rate dropped significantly in PHI, too. Even after his one good season.

It's mostly due to Reid's quick passing offense. Michael Vick's sack rate dropped significantly in PHI, too. Even after his one good season.

Right. Which is the kind of offense the Bills are going to run. So Kolb is highly likely to get sacked more at the Philly rate than the Cardinal rate.

KK

Team Year Games Sacked

Philly 2008 6 0

Philly 2009 5 3

Philly 2010 7 15

AZ 2011 9 30

AZ 2012 5 27

RF

Team Year Games Sacked

Cinci 2008 13 38

Bills 2009 10 21

Bills 2010 13 24

Bills 2011 16 22

Bills 2012 15 30

Those are an insane number of sacks for such a short period of time. I particular, right around the time he got injured he took 9 sacks in the game before us, and then 6 against the Bills where he got knocked out for the season. 27 sacks in 6 games is INSANE.

In the end...maybe he can be a little better at getting the ball to TJ, but TJ is going to have to get MUCH better at route running.

Deep Passes to TJ?

EFF THAT.

Number one, TJ couldn't catch crabs in a whorehouse. Number two, eficency is the path I'd choose for Kolb... Face it, the guy is never going to be a dynamic passer like Flacco, both Mannings, or Brady. -However, IF he's willing to give up on that dream, we might just be able to re-make him in the image of Trent Dilfer.

Which would be good enough for me.

Hand it off to Jamal Lewis, and don't turn it over! -I think it's the best game plan you can hope for with a new coaching staff, and a SHMUCK GM!

Bargain Basement Buddy just needs to make a few more goofy decisions before we can turn this thing 180! -I grow more, and more optimistic with each WTF move by OBD..

PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!

Kolb's last 22 games (3 seasons):

59.3 comp. %; 4,321yds (6.81avg); 24TD; 18INT; 14 fumbles; QBR: 36.0 (AVG)

Fitz last season (16 games):

60.6 comp. %; 3,400yds (6.73avg); 24TD; 16INT; 8 fumbles QBR: 45.8 (his lowest for us out of the 3 years as f/t starter)

Kolb put up pretty pedestrian #'s considering he was throwing to some of the better WR's in the game in Philly and Arizona. But ya, we got TJ Graham now who was obviously handicapped by Fitz :rolleyes: ! LMFAO. Take your blinders off man.

It's clearly Fitz's fault he wasn't sacked enough - the bastard got rid of the ball too soon.

Poor Kolb however, his O-lines always blew nuts. His ****ty receivers - Fitzgerald, Maclin, DJax, Cooper, etc just couldn't get open quickly enough for Kolb.

Kolb should be worlds better now that he has TJ Graham to throw to.

Edited by bobobonators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqF8zPicVwo I love this signing! This signing not only allows a QB competition in Buffalo, but also allows flexibility in terms of how to approach the draft. A) They can draft the best WR in the draft at 8, Cordarrelle Patterson, and then their QB in the 2nd, considering that the QB that they have their sights on is drafted within the top 7. Conversely, if their QB is available at pick 8, then they can get their WR/TE in the 2nd. As per Kevin Kolb, I have no doubt that he will succeed if he were to start. He will succeed behind a good O-Line and that will instill better foot work, pocket presence, sight of his targets and awareness of defenses forming as well as CONFIDENCE. He wont have the thought of getting knocked down on every snap. I have attached a quick clip of the 2012 highlights for Kevin Kolb. From it I have gathered that he is a good QB, above average at best, but light years better than Fitz in my opinion. By the way, take a look at how mobile he is behind a bad Arizona O-Line. Also, take a look at the pretty deep spiraling throws. When he goes deep he doesn't look like he's straining to get it down field. Lets GO BUFFALO! Edited by JTO