MS Walk 2013 - "Family Rocks" - May 5th 2013

rockpile

Through Two Bills Drive and the The Stadium wall, I have been allowed to make an annual request for sponsors for the MS Walk (thanks Scott!).

In 2012 TBD and other sponsors raised about $1,250.

Total donations since I started this in 2002 on TBD are nearly $12,000!

Link to the MS Walk 2013:

http://main.national...to/family_rocks

Back in 2005, in a post, I wrote:

"I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in 1994. Since then, I have quit smoking, dropped 10 lbs, ran a 10K, hiked mountains from the Adirondacks to the Sierra Madres. I am still in remission, thanks in part to medicine that was NOT available less than a generation ago. With research and maybe some luck, I believe MS will be a curable disease one day; we will be able to do more than just treat the symptoms, or DELAY the next attack."

There is still no cure, but the treatment for preventing a relapse has gone from daily injections (ugh) and monthly chemo-type IV drip bags to a daily pill that is about 75% effective in preventing relapses. Progress is being made!

My team is a regular group of friends and family now, and includes three generations of my immediate family - I am Grandpa Rockpile. laugh.gif

Edited by rockpile

Thanks. I was diagnosed about the same time treatments to slow down the MS that goes into remission were being made available. Everyone's MS is different. I can work around most of my "issues" - at least the MS ones, :w00t:

Thanks. I was diagnosed about the same time treatments to slow down the MS that goes into remission were being made available. Everyone's MS is different. I can work around most of my "issues" - at least the MS ones, :w00t:

I put a donation on your site....DON'T use it over in Fort Erie at the Candian Ballet!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yep The Check will be in the mail, Monday

Thanks! The total amount pledged for the walk is now $625, and yours will be added to it.

I am almost half way to my goal of $1,500 in sponsors with barely two weeks left.

Thanks to all!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

As of today the total is $730. Thanks to all. but this will need a serious *BUMP* to reach last year's total by May 5th!

Again, Thanks to all who have donated to the MS Walk. :thumbsup:

If you are on the fence, stop procrastinating! :D

$780 as of today - the walk is this Sunday.

Can this be posted once to the other forums? I am sure some past sponsors either do not come here or scan over "pinned" posts.

12 sponsors

8 from TBD/TSW

Thanks are due to:

Just Jack

babyrock

Jayrubeo

Fezmid

Hammer

BringBackFergy

GG

LABillzFan

Edited by rockpile