QB Ryan Fitzpatrick Released

t317

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man who made the business decision to give Fitz this contract should have been fired. It's a joke he still has a job! Fitz's release is confirmation it was a very bad decision. In what other business would an exec make such a horrible decision and still be employed (sure, on Wall Street he would have gotten a bonus and in DC he would have been relected--but I mean aside from those places!!).

Ain't hindsight wonderful? The Bills were on a role when they resigned Fitz and he was playing very well. You must be the only one who knew it was a guaranteed fluke. Not saying it was a smart move at the time given Fitz's track record, especially at Cincinnati. But no one complained under the circumstances.

Joe B just put up an interview with Fitz:

http://www.wgr550.co...uffalo/15781381

I know many are happy to see the guy go, and it is time we move on, but you gotta like and respect the guy. Too bad he and Chan couldn't make it happen.

Onward and upward I suppose...

Great interview. Really loved the part at the end about the FitzScream. As glad as I am that were moving on from him. I am gonna miss the guy. Wish he could have stayed on as a backup but this is for the best.

I agree with both your points. Let's allow ourselves at least a few nice memories for a guy who did what he could (even if it wasn't enough), including this one:

JB: Favorite memories of Buffalo after four seasons here?

RF: I've got so many good memories. I've got as many off-the-field as on in terms of the relationships and the people that we've met. It's such a great place to live and to raise a family, so that's something we'll always appreciate and remember fondly. The first one playing wise that popped in my head is when we beat New England and just kind of the way the fans had reacted to that victory. The fever within Buffalo, I mean all that was really cool. Watching Fred kind of throw the flag around after the flag in appreciation of the fans. That might be maybe the biggest highlight for me in my playing days in Buffalo.

I can't believe he is going to get a better shot at a starting job in the NFL then in Buffalo this season. The money was fair but I don't understand what they were thinking. At best he will be brought in as a backup or in late summer due to an injury at a price less then what was offered by the BIlls. I hope that was worth it Fitz.

Also letting Levitre get to Free Agency was a colossal mistake. Buddy has said on numerous occassions that they want to draft and develop good players and then keep them. Well?

Ain't hindsight wonderful? The Bills were on a role when they resigned Fitz and he was playing very well. You must be the only one who knew it was a guaranteed fluke. Not saying it was a smart move at the time given Fitz's track record, especially at Cincinnati. But no one complained under the circumstances.

Of course it's hindsight. How else do you evaluate if decisions that were made were the correct ones. Part of Nix's job is to make correct decisions on player personnel. How you can rate his ability to do so without hindsight is beyond me.

The guy is a class act period (read the WGR interview). Haters can stop hating now.

Thanks Ryan for the Cincinnati comeback, the Raiders comeback, The New England game...thanks

for helping Stevie, Scott, David, etc...thanks for giving it your all and being a true Buffalo Bill, embracing the team, the

fans, and Western New York. I'll continue to be a fan.

Good luck to you and your family.

we will be lucky to get 3400 yards 24 td and 16 ints out of anybody we could possibly put on this roster by season start. fitz was the most productive option we had. tavaris is terrible.....TERRIBLE. i was cool with the move at first, but now it is bothering me a bit. We will be worse without him behind center is my guess.

Also I am sure the Buddy comments about him barely competing for a backup role didn't help. It is possible Fitzy had pen in hand ready to sign a new deal, then his agent played the phone call and he walked....hell i would too. He is one of 2 QB's we have had in over a decade to beat the Pats....something to think about.

Never the answer long term at QB, but our best shot currently

With Fitzy gone who are we gonna blame for all of our problems now? Who's to blame for the 600 yard games on D? I am sure the loss of Levitre will account for the next time we allow another team to run 300 yards down our throat.

With Fitzy gone who are we gonna blame for all of our problems now? Who's to blame for the 600 yard games on D? I am sure the loss of Levitre will account for the next time we allow another team to run 300 yards down our throat.

Waaah, waaaaaah, waaaah.

It's over my friend. He was a big part of the problem, and it was time to move on. Just go back and delete your Fitz-lovin posts!

So far Nix seems to be the front runner. The only real knock on him is his failure to find a franchise QB, which is a significant indictment of him as that is the most important position on the field. However despite doing a decent, not good but decent, job of drafting, & a good job of bringing in & retaining quality FAs, it's en vogue amongst Bills fans to label him an incompetent POS.

Waaah, waaaaaah, waaaah.

It's over my friend. He was a big part of the problem, and it was time to move on. Just go back and delete your Fitz-lovin posts!

:lol: I love irony

I have never hated a Bills player as much as I did Fitzpatrick. Good riddance. Guy did nothing on the field or in the community yet he was shoved down the fans throats as some kind of "everyman hero". Go away fast you loser.

Waaah, waaaaaah, waaaah.

it's not so much Fitz loving. Contract too high...yes. Stellar production...no. ill timed INT's yes. But by no means was he as terrible as some make him out to be. A lot of people around here like to pick on one guy, just get rid of that guy this year and we will be so much better. Player X is why we lose all of our games.

I posted somewhere else that I don't necessarily care for being big players in FA with the big time players. What the Bills did today lacked a plan, leadership, and organization. What we can't afford to do is get worse in FA, and that's what we did, with no sign of improving a single starting position. We are worse at QB and worse at G. I would be fine with both of these if it allowed us to save money to get better elsewhere. It didn't and it is going to be a loooooong baaaad season in Buffalo. I have been a Buddy supporter, thought we made some good moves, today was terrible. Fire the guy please

So far Nix seems to be the front runner. The only real knock on him is his failure to find a franchise QB, which is a significant indictment of him as that is the most important position on the field. However despite doing a decent, not good but decent, job of drafting, & a good job of bringing in & retaining quality FAs, it's en vogue amongst Bills fans to label him an incompetent POS.

Nix is definitely getting whipped nowadays. Posters better have someone else in mind though. Theyre going to be disappointed when theyre new boy, Nix, steps down in 6 weeks.

The guy is a class act period (read the WGR interview). Haters can stop hating now.

Thanks Ryan for the Cincinnati comeback, the Raiders comeback, The New England game...thanks

for helping Stevie, Scott, David, etc...thanks for giving it your all and being a true Buffalo Bill, embracing the team, the

fans, and Western New York. I'll continue to be a fan.

Good luck to you and your family.

Seconded. FitzMagic felt so good for a moment there. Wish that would have panned out. Great guy, great beard.