Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

scurdog1

I don't claim to have any expertise on this years QB draft class, but, depending on who you listen to, there is not a "franchise QB" (or not more than one) in this years draft. Personally, I would prefer a year of Fitz/Jackson trying to game manage the Bills to a winning record for a season, than picking a QB in the first round, just to appease fans, and to be able to say we have a "franchise QB"...just to find out, in another 3 years that we still need a QB. We went through that with Losman already...

All I can think is that Jackson must have heard some positive stuff from the new coaches. There were a few teams rumored to be interested in him...if he didn't feel like had a real shot, I can't imagine his experience in Buffalo last season was enough to make him want to stick around for more.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this means...

1. Thigpen is gone

2. Fitz is your starter as I have been saying all along - he will easily beat out T Jackson

3. They believe this years QB draft class is awful. I now think they will wait until the third round to grab a guy that has fallen. They have seen the tape and no QB has a first ronud grade and the glut of guys available will push several into the second round. Yes someone wil take Smith in the first round as a reach/need pick. I hope it is not us. Just because he goes in the first doesn't mean it is a good pick.

4. I suspect this means they will not sign another QB in FA. They will draft someone but I don't see Alex Smith, Drew Stanton, or anyone else showing up at OBD now.

True Thigpen is toast.

Not sure if Fitz can beat anybody out at this point. The current staff has no ties to him, camp will be damn interesting to say the least.

There will be a QB taken in this draft. If Geno happens to fall to us great, but I think the Bills would be smart and wait until the second round to get a QB.

True Thigpen is toast.

Not sure if Fitz can beat anybody out at this point. The current staff has no ties to him, camp will be damn interesting to say the least.

There will be a QB taken in this draft. If Geno happens to fall to us great, but I think the Bills would be smart and wait until the second round to get a QB.

If you could wonder twins meld TJ and Fitz they would make a decent QB. TJ throws a good long ball. I live in NW and saw him play several games. Fitz has no accuracy on the long ball and that is not teachable. While I woul dnot be shocked if TJ won a striaght up competition I would be surprised.

I still say LB and best available player in first and second round. If it is a QB so be it but I would rather get one of the Tyler's in the third round. They can get a WR, TE, or another LB in the second.

The people here who are freaking out about Fitz possibly staying on the roster have themselves to blame for getting their panties in a bunch - you guys simply lack objectivity. It's the same crowd that thinks Fitz is a 3rd string QB in the NFL - no rationality whatsoever.

Come to peace with yourself the following way: There will be an open competition between QB's in the offseason to probably include, TJax, Fitz, and a rookie QB that we draft. If fitz wins that open competition under the new coach, then WTF does that say about the other QB's we have? If Fitz loses the open competition, then we have one of the better backup QB's in the league. it's really that simple.

This coaching staff has no attachment to Fitz. So if Fitz continues on this team, it's for a reason.

Edited by bobobonators

"similar to what we will do at all positions on our team heading into our offseason work,” said Marrone.

I think we are reading into this too much, it is February 15th.

Obviously you're new here - just so you know, most on TBD are direct descendants of Nostradamus, hence everyone knowing how next season will play out.

BTW, could someone send me next weeks lottery numbers? Thanks in advance!

Couple things:

1) Thigpen is an unrestricted FA. He's not on the team any more. We can go back to pretending he doesn't exist.

B) Just because Fitz, TJax, and Corp are the 3 QBs on our roster as of February 15th, what makes ANYONE think that's permanent for Opening day 7 months from now?

A chance to what? the dude has less than a 78 career QB rating. Hecould never hold on to a starting position. He took 42 sacks in 2011. If he has to play, it's gonna suck. More training camp fodder.

And of course the team around T Jackson at that time would have nothing to do with this.....

T Jackson played with a hurt throwing shoulder his last year as a starter with Seattle....behind a O Line which doesnt begin to be as good as ours....with no targets...and still had numbers comparable to Fitz

Obviously you're new here - just so you know, most on TBD are direct descendants of Nostradamus, hence everyone knowing how next season will play out.

BTW, could someone send me next weeks lottery numbers? Thanks in advance!

:thumbsup:

Actually been signed up since 2003, just don't post much. :)

I'm fine with re-sugning Jackson. Keeping Fitzpatrick? I can't...just cant. I don't care about saving $$, I will not support a team with him at QB for one more game. Bright side: With this roster, coaches, and now these two uninspiring QB's, the Bills will be in great shape to select Johnny Football with the first overall pick in 2014. Disgusted. Totally disgusted.

And of course the team around T Jackson at that time would have nothing to do with this.....

T Jackson played with a hurt throwing shoulder his last year as a starter with Seattle....behind a O Line which doesnt begin to be as good as ours....with no targets...and still had numbers comparable to Fitz

And I remember last year when we got TJ I went to the Hawks message boards to see what they were saying and almost all of it was positive about T Jax. They liked his grit, and were sorry to see him go. I wonder what another teams fans coming here reading up on fitz would play out like? TJ never got a chance last year. This year he will, and we can save all of our crystal ball skillz until then.

To me this means what others have stated.

1. We are giving ourselves leverage for a restructure of Fitz contract.

2. We are giving a classy well-liked Qb a shot at starting.

3. We are most certainly NOT going to draft a QB in the 1st, and maybe not even the 2nd round, and this is a good thing.

4. Coach tunred a really bad, crappy program into a decent one which indicates that he has a good measure on evaluating talent.

I personally like the signing, as I am a big advocate of the Bills getting stronger at WR, and LB before addressing a weak QB class.

Tim-