London Fletcher is better than any Bills LB by a country mile

LabattBlue

I love when people bring up the downfield tackle argument...it is the funniest and stupidest argument I've heard.

Like most linebackers, when they have good defensive lineman in front of them and a good defensive scheme they play well. When they don't have those two things they suck.

Our LBs suck mostly due to poor scheme IMO.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also of note: I didn't connect the dots that London was a college teammate of josh mcdaniels (wonder child 30 year old head coach, current pats OC), and Brian polian(Stanford special teams coach, polian namesake) and nick caserio (pats dir of pro personal by about age 32/33) . Also just missing overlap with Chris polian (polian namesake, colts former GM), David Caldwell (One if the hottest names for GM interviews), Tom telesco(top dog with the colts), and Greg roman (harbaughs OC in San Fran). Depending on how outgoing seniors and incoming freshman/recruiting played out its possible little John Carroll had all those major football role players in one room for some meetings (might've missed by one year on a guy but don't want to double check). Odd tidbit for JCU in 1994.

That is some crazy stuff.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

We should have taken that 7th round flyer on Burfict like I wanted!!!!!

I was with you if you recall. To me, if this kid gets his personal act together he can be as good as Lewis, and I mean that!

As to Fletcher, I laugh now because I was ridiculued for suggesting that we sign him for what would amount to a really good deal, when he was a FA last year.

Tim-

That is some crazy stuff.

I think Chris polian was class of 93, but the rest all were likely present at the spring practices in 1994..... Arguably, Chris may have earned the least in his career... but as a whole that's a ton of success out of a random small football program and a group of guys sooooo young. All fast shooting up the organizational charts under some of the most respected organizations/bosses around. They report directly to bilicheck, harbaugh, dmitroff, david shaw, and telesco is atop the colts chart I believe.

Wonder how great bill polians influence was in all of it, and how young he mentored these guys at? I know he signed several right out of college.