London Fletcher is better than any Bills LB by a country mile

LabattBlue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never thought he was that great...problem is we haven't had any linebackers even that good since he left. that he hasn't lost a stop in 6 years is the remarkable thing. he was terrific last night.

Are you saying that he was terrific last night and hadn't lost a step in 6 years, but you didn't think he was that great when he was in Buffalo?

He's been gone from the Bills for 6 years, is 37 years old, and if he signed with the Bills tomorrow, he would immediately become their best LB and it wouldn't be close.

Just one of many moves that has helped keep the Bills in the bottom 1/3 of the league for the last 13 years.

I believe this says more about the Bills linebackers than about London Fletcher. Fletcher is not a top linebacker (and the Redskins are not a top defense) even though he makes a lot of tackles. However, he is better than anything the Bills have now. The Bills linebacking corp is the worst I have seen. The talent level is extremely low. I agree that this is a main reason for the Bills defense being so bad for the last several years.

yes he was an average starting nfl linebacker then and now. he did have a particularly good game last night i'd say....as he did from time to time here.

So the fact that he's a 3-time Pro Bowler, a second-team All Pro, and the captain of every team he's ever played on makes him "an average starting NFL linebacker?"

I'll have to file that one away for future reference.

So the fact that he's a 3-time Pro Bowler, a second-team All Pro, and the captain of every team he's ever played on makes him "an average starting NFL linebacker?"

I'll have to file that one away for future reference.

think how below average that makes our group! a solid country mile below average, if you are measuring.

When he got that big 3rd down sack with about 8-9 minutes left, I came right up off the coach with a big 'ol "Yeah Fletch!" and the kind of fist pump typically reserved for a September Bills game.

Yeah, it's kind of sad when you're relegated to cheering for (and lamenting) the ex-Bills that were supposedly washed up and continue to play well. We wouldn't even be going there though if the Bills had given anything serious to cheer for the last few x few years.

I remember Fletcher getting murdered on this board when he was hear because the unit would be great until they needed a stop and then folded like a cheap tent to lose the game, and how he always made tackles 8 to 10 yards downfield instead of near the line of scrimmage and that was why his tackle numbers were so great. Oh yeah, he also used to get burnt in coverage a lot...

Lets not compare Poz to London Fletcher. Poz doesnt have the quickness or instincts that Fletcher has. While Poz is good at keeping a play infront of him, he was never in Fletchers league. It was a stupid move to not re-sign Fletcher and forced the Bills into their continuing bad pattern of needing to fill holes instead of adding depth. Fletcher was a beast his last year in Buffalo. 2 sacks 4 ints 2 defensive tds and 14 passes defensed. Especially at a time when the Bills had lost Takeo Spikes to his achillies injury letting Fletcher just walk away was a dumb marv levy move

I vividly remember the Fletcher hate around here. I never really understood it. Sure he's not your prototypical 6'2-6'4 250lb lb whos making all these behind the los stops (than again what lb does this "all the time") Fletcher is the kind of defensive leader and great player every team would be lucky to have. To say that "people expected he'd still be good at 37" well probably not but he was a very good player when we let him walk and just like it's taken years to replace the losses of ted washington and pat williams it's taking years to replace Fletcher

As far as Spikes goes I remember there being some talk about him wanting to leave cause he didn't think he fit Jauron's defense which wanted faster/quicker linebackers. Pre achillies tear Spikes would've been a no brainer. It's a god damn shame with the amount of defensive talent we had that we couldn't get to the postseason. All the aggressiveness that has gone at times into free agency needs to start going into the front office/coaching staff if Buffalo is ever serious about competing.