London Fletcher is better than any Bills LB by a country mile

LabattBlue

He's been gone from the Bills for 6 years, is 37 years old, and if he signed with the Bills tomorrow, he would immediately become their best LB and it wouldn't be close.

Just one of many moves that has helped keep the Bills in the bottom 1/3 of the league for the last 13 years.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been gone from the Bills for 6 years, is 37 years old, and if he signed with the Bills tomorrow, he would immediately become their best LB and it wouldn't be close.

Just one of many moves that has helped keep the Bills in the bottom 1/3 of the league for the last 13 years.

no one in their right mind pegs an undersized LB to be as effective as he is at 37.

it was early to let him walk but lets not pretend that what hes doing today was obvious, or expected.

Ahh yes the neighborhood whopping boy for 6 years returns as the prodigal son

When was he the neighborhood whipping boy? I am just trying to point out just how BAD our current LB corp is.

you dont recall the masses calling for his head cause he didnt make all his tackles in the backfield? thats why poz was such a hot name around here in the draft. multiple coaches, gms, schemes etc... later, and with his age - i cant say hes the best example for "omg how did he get away."

I don't remember that either.... outside of a few knuckleheads, most everyone appreciated his game.

at best a mixed bag.

a few haters, a lot of "seems nice enough but must be upgraded" and a handful of staunch supporters is what i recall

Edited by NoSaint

I think in 1-2 years Bradham will be solid. He won't be fletcher, but he is showing some playmaking flashes now.

We need at least one star in that group though to keep it all together

Maybe, or he could be the next Moats who everyone was in love with after one sack.

Fletcher was said to make too too many tackles downfield around here. The current LB's don't make tackles. Advantage LF(B).

:thumbsup:

When he got that big 3rd down sack with about 8-9 minutes left, I came right up off the coach with a big 'ol "Yeah Fletch!" and the kind of fist pump typically reserved for a September Bills game.

Tell me about it. Every time I watch the Skins I get pissed and the Dumb A$$ that let him go

There was a small but vocal faction of London Fletcher critics.

The sort of person he is (this guy could be the NFL Man of the Year every year) and the sort of player he is, they should have tried to keep him.

But as No Saint points out, he was at an age where performance often declines. However it was a mistake by the organization to let him walk.

There's no question that he's head and shoulders above any linebacker on the Bills right now. And he's been playing with a sprained ankle.

I really think that Bills Fans, not just the past FO, are unable to judge LBs.

When we had Fletcher, people complained that all his tackles came 5 yards past the LOS. We released him and drafted Poz. 3 years later, everyone is complaining that all of Poz's tackles come 5 yards past the LOS. (Neither of which were really true. See a pattern here?)

Now, we had an entire season where fans talked about how weak Shep is against the run, when it turned out that he wasnt even on the field for most of those plays. It was our Nickel (with Scott and Barnett) that was getting gashed on the ground.

I'm fully on board with needed upgrades to our OLBs (especially Barnett), but lets not re-write fan history like we knew more than the FO did at the time.

I think in 1-2 years Bradham will be solid. He won't be fletcher, but he is showing some playmaking flashes now.

We need at least one star in that group though to keep it all together

Seriously, If Bradham was our 3rd most promising LB we might have a solid group.

That this 4th round rookie is our best LB prospect says it all about how bad the unit is.