Fitzpatrick has to be in top three

gjv001

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Luck is in the bottom 4....but Fitz's completion percentage is right in th middle of all starters, ahead of E Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Freeman,......

He has fewer ints than Romo, Rivers and Ryan. He has the same number of ints as E Manning and Culter, but more TDs than either of them.

And he cant hit a wide open reciever more than 5 yards down field. Hell, he couldnt hit the brad side of a barn. Like i have said the past two seasons, fitzmoney is a back up. Never been good, never will be good. Yall just kept pilling on about the amish pistol and fitzmagic. He is completely horrible.

W-L is the only stat that matters. Sorry.

Ok, what is Kyle Williams W/L record? What is Byrd's W/L record? How about CJs or SJs? It sure as !@#$ isn't any better than Fitz, does that mean they gotta go also? W/L is a team stat, not just a QB stat like TDs or Ints. OMFG!

Edited by FreakPop

im with ya on the Vick......its like religion almost...........but to face facts he takes too long (see big ben,cutler with crappy OL's also)

with our OL would Vick be a mega upgrade over Fitz? yes doubters do have plenty of dirt to throw though.

Vick and 2nd round qb or late 1st round tradeup camp battle would be nice IMO.

Big Ben is huge it takes like 2 tackles to bring him down if Mike doesn't go into a fire drill somebody grabs him he's goin down ASAP lol I dont think Cutlers line is as bad as Philly or Pitt but, Cutler and Mike are just about on the same level id dare say Mike makes better decisions but thats up for debate... Id take that Mike for a second or third. I dont know if any QB is worth a first maybe Geno or Barkley but USC QBs suck in the NFL and Geno is 50/50 might be RG3 might be Akili Smith...

Okay bro, lol. I'm not going to get into it about Vick, we can agree to disagree, I see where ya coming from and respect that you're retiring from defending the guy. What we CAN agree on is that Fitz is NOT the answer.

We can definitely agree Fitzshitthebed is NOT the answer. lol.. I might spar from time to time with the MV7 threads im like Jordan on the Wizards I know I need to stop but these kids can be so outlandish I have to show them who's boss... :thumbsup:

Ok, what is Kyle Williams W/L record? What is Byrd's W/L record? How about CJs or SJs? It sure as !@#$ isn't any better than Fitz, does that mean they gotta go also? W/L is a team stat, not just a QB stat like TDs or Ints. OMFG!

Yes, a DL has the same impact on a game as a QB who touches the ball every snap. You are correct.

To be honest all that means nothing.. Who wins and Who loses? Who helps their team win and who throws a int at the most crucial time in the game? I can handle an int by any of those guys you mentioned because I trust them to make it up. With your QB I just sit and wait for him to f*ck it up and he always does. Silly thing is its to the point where others do the exact same thing and thats not good...

So you trust Romo to "make it up"? And Cutler? No you don't.

Who loses? Vick loses. Here's a guy better equipped than any other QB (say..the lumbering Big Ben or even Aaron Rodgers) to minimize the effect of a bad O-line with his speed and big arm. Yet he stinks because he is too stupid to master the NFL offense or read a defense. He has no idea who or where his secondary receiver is and he has a career history of terrible accuracy problems.

Fitz's limitations are obvious, but you won't carry much critical heft if you continue to pretend Mike Vick's only problem is his o-line.

Well, Luck is in the bottom 4....but Fitz's completion percentage is right in th middle of all starters, ahead of E Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Freeman,......

He has fewer ints than Romo, Rivers and Ryan. He has the same number of ints as E Manning and Culter, but more TDs than either of them.

This is a perfect example of how statistics can be misinterpreted to claim that a relationship exists, when in fact, it is not statistically significant. Inferring that Fitzpatrick is a more accurate quarterback than Manning, Stafford or Luck is laughable, and it fails to account for countless variables.

First, you fail to account for the offense that the quarterback is in. With the Bills, Fitzpatrick is rarely asked to push the ball down the field, whereas with the Colts, Andrew Luck actually pushes the ball down the field quite regularly.

Here is a link to Advanced NFL Stats, which is a site that calculates a statistic they call Air Yards per Attempt. According to their website, Air Yards are "the passing yards forward of the line of scrimmage in which the ball travels through the air. In other words, it is total passing yards minus any yards after catch (YAC) gained by the receiver."

Now, for those of us who actually watch the games, Ryan Fitzpatrick is unsurprisingly at bottom of the league in Air Yards per Attempt. Thereby, one would hope that Fitzpatrick would have a high Completion Percentage due to the fact that he primarily throws 3 yards slants, outs, and screens.Once again, even if a QB has a low Completion Percentage and a low Air Yards per Attempt, this does not necessarily mean that this QB is inaccurate. Such analysis would fail to account for drops, a poor receiving corp, quality of opponents, and so on. It is for this reason that people must rely on what they see as much as what they know, and 95% of us see Fitzpatrick as a wildly inaccurate QB.

You will make any argument to protect Fitz. So let's put all the cards on the table.....if you were GM of the Bills and Fitz's deal were up at the end of this year, would you sign him long term?

You will make any argument to protect Fitz. So let's put all the cards on the table.....if you were GM of the Bills and Fitz's deal were up at the end of this year, would you sign him long term?

Nope, and I have said as much. The Bills need to upgrade the QB position if it is available. Not a lateral move, an upgrade. Some think anybody is an upgrade over Fitz and that isn't true. If the Bills can't get a Luck, RGIII, Manning in free agency, etc what is the point as this "TEAM" sucks, it's not just the QB. A new QB, no matter how talented he is isn't going to make this a playoff team, I don't care what you think, it won't happen.

For you and the masses who just pound on Fitz and are totally oblivious to the fact that the problems with this team go way way deeper than the QB, all you want to focus on is the QB and neglect everything else. It seems that you haters think just changing the QB is the magic answer to all the Bills problems. Ha, I laugh at that.

...AND IF ONLY THAT WERE THE SAME THING AS ACCURACY. :wallbash: OMG, Honestly.

Just watch the man throw, please. He's above, behind, in the turf. He's innacurate as hell, even when the receiver catches the ball, they are often so contorted reaching for it, or slowed on a ball behind them, that they can't get the yards after catch they should be.

He also is running a scheme designed by Gailey to throw a lot of short easy to complete passes with the field spread horizontally.

Fitz has always had terrible accuracy, and sadly, despite having a coach brought in specifically to help is sorry mechanics, he's actually regressed this season.

...AND IF ONLY THAT WERE THE SAME THING AS ACCURACY. :wallbash: OMG, Honestly.

Just watch the man throw, please. He's above, behind, in the turf. He's innacurate as hell, even when the receiver catches the ball, they are often so contorted reaching for it, or slowed on a ball behind them, that they can't get the yards after catch they should be.

He also is running a scheme designed by Gailey to throw a lot of short easy to complete passes with the field spread horizontally.

Fitz has always had terrible accuracy, and sadly, despite having a coach brought in specifically to help is sorry mechanics, he's actually regressed this season.

blah blah blah...

Nope, and I have said as much. The Bills need to upgrade the QB position if it is available. Not a lateral move, an upgrade. Some think anybody is an upgrade over Fitz and that isn't true. If the Bills can't get a Luck, RGIII, Manning in free agency, etc what is the point as this "TEAM" sucks, it's not just the QB. A new QB, no matter how talented he is isn't going to make this a playoff team, I don't care what you think, it won't happen.

For you and the masses who just pound on Fitz and are totally oblivious to the fact that the problems with this team go way way deeper than the QB, all you want to focus on is the QB and neglect everything else. It seems that you haters think just changing the QB is the magic answer to all the Bills problems. Ha, I laugh at that.

Ha I laugh at that also. it sounds so devious. what a good line.

Changing QB is the magic answer see Indy and Wash for references.

The D was lights out yesterday, its a shame the good fitz is absent against a subpar colts D, but no ones surprised.

Fitz is a good guy but hes a top 3 backup QB, not a starter. No shame in that game. Fitz has been brutal lately w the season on the line.

Too much failure....lets cut the cord.

This might sound like crazy talk to some, but while I see Fitzpatrick as a lower tier QB, I do think he's better than Sam Bradford. Has anyone watched him? He strikes me as wooden and robotic, and he's clearly not a leader of men. There's no inventiveness in his game. Maybe that will change, but right now I think he's headed for a career of mediocrity.

True. Fitz is a 7-9 QB. To go with our 7-9 coaching staff. Comes from a 7-9 owner. That is the magic number to keep us fans on the hook without damaging profitability.

And I have been vocal about the defense too, but that doesn't fit your argument, so you ignore it.

So you trust Romo to "make it up"? And Cutler? No you don't.

Who loses? Vick loses. Here's a guy better equipped than any other QB (say..the lumbering Big Ben or even Aaron Rodgers) to minimize the effect of a bad O-line with his speed and big arm. Yet he stinks because he is too stupid to master the NFL offense or read a defense. He has no idea who or where his secondary receiver is and he has a career history of terrible accuracy problems.

Fitz's limitations are obvious, but you won't carry much critical heft if you continue to pretend Mike Vick's only problem is his o-line.

First I don't think Fitz mastered the NFL game either because he has no idea where a DB or Safety is cuz he throws right to them constantly..

Ok now let me ETHER this guy right quick... Theres nothing you can say after I say this that will make any kind of sense but im doing this cuz I feel you want this so here we go...

How many playoff games has Fitz won? How many playoff games has Mike won..

#CHECKMATE #GAMEOVER.. *Waits to shake hands in middle of field*

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

First I don't think Fitz mastered the NFL game either because he has no idea where a DB or Safety is cuz he throws right to them constantly..

Ok now let me ETHER this guy right quick... Theres nothing you can say after I say this that will make any kind of sense but im doing this cuz I feel you want this so here we go...

How many playoff games has Fitz won? How many playoff games has Mike won..

#CHECKMATE #GAMEOVER.. *Waits to shake hands in middle of field*

Don't you have to lead a team to the playoffs before you can win a playoff game?