The one and only TBD Political Thread

Simon

Few anecdotes that i found interesting today.

1) Had to be in the Fairfax County Government Center for business today..2 hour wait at 6 PM to vote

2) Just on a con call with the head of Talent Acquistion of a Fortune 500..exact words were "candidates hold all the cards right now..how do you help us attract more than than X"...

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugent is an idiot. If he gave a **** about the constitution he'd be SCREAMING about the Patriot Act every day.

I agree. I camt stand the nooge. But Stranglehold is in my top five coolest muthafuggin rock and roll songs EVER!

Why is he an Idiot?? Because he speaks the truth?? Too radical for your Liberal mind??

Nugent=Truth? LOL! Nugent isn't radical. He's a big time tool though. BTW my mind isn't liberal, but he has few friends since he started sleeping with hannity. oops correction, he's had few friends since his Amboy Dukes days.

Well It looks like the Bills are not the only ones DOOMED! Looks like America is headed down the same path! Shame on you AMERICA!!!

I disagree and I voted as such. Romney did not do enough to convince that he was a better man for the job. "Are you better off" just didn't play for me when his plans didn't add up.

At least when i get laid off from my job, I'll have unlimited unemployment checks coming.

hopefully the mandatory 5 weeks vacation comes before that however! YEH HA !

I wonder how high our deficit will grow in the next 4 years?

Well, I'm nothing short of stunned at the Presidential election results. Stunned. To me it's impossible for any thinking person who pays attention to the very real and very large issues we face as a country to conclude that the current president is the better choice to lead this nation going forward. Our debt, our annual deficit, illegal immigration, a stagnant at best economy, oversubscribed and underfunded entitlements, a weakening international standing and a growing population of people not ready or willing to be self sufficient - all are staggering issues. The devil is in the details. The numbers tell the story. Bright and committed minds can solve these, yet our President has not presented one sound plan that can correct any of these issues. He speaks in lofty poll tested phrases and says nothing at the same time. He avoids the real numbers and does not have the courage to face these issues. Frankly, he is often less than honest and demonstrates this with regularity.

Today voters are the problem. Too few are informed and too few are willing take the time to study an issue and think about how it should be solved and who is best to solve it. Too many vote for candidates who will deliver small things to them individually at the expense of the big picture. Too many even when faced with the facts vote for the man or women who is part of the problem or not a part of the solution.

Who will solve our nation's issues, those now in Washington or the voters? I don't have faith in either one. Seriously, we are a nation committing suicide. No need to worry about me. It's most of you, my kids, my friends, neighbors and future generations that are screwed without a big change in direction soon on many things.

Edited by keepthefaith

Well, I'm nothing short of stunned at the Presidential election results. Stunned. To me it's impossible for any thinking person who pays attention to the very real and very large issues we face as a country to conclude that the current president is the better choice to lead this nation going forward. Our debt, our annual deficit, illegal immigration, a stagnant at best economy, oversubscribed and underfunded entitlements, a weakening international standing and a growing population of people not ready or willing to be self sufficient - all are staggering issues. The devil is in the details. The numbers tell the story. Bright and committed minds can solve these, yet our President has not presented one sound plan that can correct any of these issues. He speaks in lofty poll tested phrases and says nothing at the same time. He avoids the real numbers and does not have the courage to face these issues. Frankly, he is often less than honest and demonstrates this with regularity.

Today voters are the problem. Too few are informed and too few are willing take the time to study an issue and think about how it should be solved and who is best to solve it. Too many vote for candidates who will deliver small things to them individually at the expense of the big picture. Too many even when faced with the facts vote for the man or women who is part of the problem or not a part of the solution.

Who will solve our nation's issues, those now in Washington or the voters? I don't have faith in either one. Seriously, we are a nation committing suicide. No need to worry about me. It's most of you, my kids, my friends, neighbors and future generations that are screwed without a big change in direction soon on many things.

Well said.

I disagree and I voted as such. Romney did not do enough to convince that he was a better man for the job. "Are you better off" just didn't play for me when his plans didn't add up.

Same here. Paul Ryan also a major negative in my book. McCain was a better candidate than Romney (minus Palin) though I voted dem in 2008 as well

I believe this is the first political comment I ever made anywhere on TBD. IMO - the Republican party or Tea Party will have a difficult time in presidential elections going forward due to their exclusivity, specifically minorities and you could also toss in women and LGBT. I saw stats that one of the Bush's won the electoral college with 62% of the white vote. Romney had the same percent this election but the minorities/non-white now constitute a larger % of the population and that number will continue to grow. I recall seeing coverage of the RNC this year on the Daily Show and how it was difficult for them to find minorities in attendance. Now I know they had an agenda but nonetheless there was a paucity of minority attendees as compared to the the DNC. While Republicans and the Tea Party are successful in regional elections depending upon location, that does not translate as well to the country-wide demographics change that is occurring and will continue.

BTW - I work for a large corporation and my wife is a small business owner so I consider the federal/state impact of both environments when I am voting regionally and for president.

Deficit spending is the biggest TAX ever imposed on each and every citizen

The Federal government is the NEW Slavemaster regardless the color of your skin.

The average american family can never hope to save or pass on any meaningful wealth or inheritance , the American Dream is dead so long as these policies continue.

When the inflation storm begins (soon), "IT" will be the Armageddon.and the Feds will finally get to use their FEMA camps.

The ignorance that allows people to be distracted by petty rhetoric and the pitiful, slow death of government handouts is truly frustrating.

Perhaps perpetual gridlock in DC is the best we can hope for, Better they do nothing for their cures only make matters worse.