"Garbage yards" - how galling is that?

eSJayDee

Chris Brown wrote of how well the Bills Dee contained Foster.

So, when you're winning & trying to kill the clock & your opponent is trying to stop you to get the ball back, that's considered "garbage"?

Foster finished with 111 yards on 24 carries, but got a lot of garbage yards at the end when Houston was trying to kill clock and shorten the game.

I actually think the Dee did "okay" yesterday. Better than I anticipated & far better than recent stds.

Why make a lame excuse for them? Save that for the offense.

So, when you're winning & trying to kill the clock & your opponent is trying to stop you to get the ball back, that's considered "garbage"?

I actually think the Dee did "okay" yesterday. Better than I anticipated & far better than recent stds.

To be fair, in the 3rd quarter the defense held Foster to 8 carries for 16 yards... I'd say that's doing there job.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

"Garbage yards" as I've always heard it, is when you're down by like 20 in the 4th quarter and your QB is making non-defended completions of 10 yards as their D plays heavy contain and safeties slightly deeper. You know... like Fitz got against the Jets in the opener.

When the Bills are playing the whole game is considered Garbage Time.

When all is said and done, the defense was not the problem yesterday. They allowed a mere 3.7 YPC. The problem once again was coaching. 38 pass attempts for Fitzpatrick and only 16 rush attempts for the Bills RB's. 0-3 in the red zone. Absolutely pathetic play calling.