Swatted Passes

I havent seen this posted on the board yet but I was reading the article from ESPN talking about the Texans and how they are, far and away, the team with the most swatted passes from their D Line. I don't know about you, but, even more than a sack even, I think a swatted pass can be one of the most disheartening of acts a D can do (other than a pick of course). Think about it. When your QB sees a wide open reciever, tries to deliver (in his head he's got a big gain) but it gets knocked down at the line. That's very disheartening and disruptive.

I've noticed that Fitz seems to get a few knocked down a game, as most QB's probably do. I've noticed more often this year though. Does anyone have stats on this obscure statistic? He may have some trouble against this DLine becuse of the swatting (among other things of course). Anyway, thought it was interesting, hope I didn't babel too much in too many directions and you're not pulling your hair out reading ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8574926/houston-texans-focus-defensive-tipping-point-tackles

Its not so much the windup as it is the ball comes out in 2.5 seconds. When the clock hits 2.5, hands up!

That's very true. Wade probably focuses on how long it normally takes for Fitz to get the ball out and then tries to get the timeclock syncronized in his DLines head. One mississippi, two HANDS UP!!!!

Edited by HamSandwhich