Bradham [how did Nigel do in the game?]

NickelCity

He had some big hits, looked bad in pass coverage on one play that I noticed, but overall he played well for his first start.

P.S.: I vote that his nickname should be "The Butler"....he has the perfect name for a Butler, and when he does something good, we can say "The Butler did it!!"

I did. He had a few nice plays on run defense and a few horrible mental mistakes, not keeping the edge and giving up a big running play. Seems like an upgrade from moats.

Definitely. He made some rookie mistakes, but he's got heart and I think he's got the talent. Just needs some experience.

Definitely. He made some rookie mistakes, but he's got heart and I think he's got the talent. Just needs some experience.

Agreed--to be expected. I'd rather see him learn on the fly. And, frankly, he's making fewer mistakes than Moats usually makes.

Wish we had kept Tank Carder-- these two guys could have been starters this year.

Didn't really make any game changing plays either way. If we had any decent linebackers, Kolb wouldn't have looked like Michael Vick though...

I thought he looked great. R d was the best it's been since Cleveland, by a lot. Better than moats already and boatloads more potential. Made a bunch of sure 3rd down tackles.

Giving up 182 yards on the ground is good? :lol:

Man, we have low standards.

Didn't really make any game changing plays either way. If we had any decent linebackers, Kolb wouldn't have looked like Michael Vick though...

Giving up 182 yards on the ground is good? :lol:

Man, we have low standards.

1/3 of those yards came from the QB having to scramble because 1. The pressure was good and 2. The coverage was good.

If the opposition's best option is having a QB like Kolb run the ball, then I'd say the D is doing pretty well. Besides the QB running for his life, they had 116 yards on the ground and 0 TDs.

1/3 of those yards came from the QB having to scramble because 1. The pressure was good and 2. The coverage was good.

If the opposition's best option is having a QB like Kolb run the ball, then I'd say the D is doing pretty well. Besides the QB running for his life, they had 116 yards on the ground and 0 TDs.

...and a knocked out QB.

And Kolb got those big yardage runs because when the D-Line pressure would over-pursue there were no LB's in sight, because the LB's were not on the field, just cornerbacks & safeties. We can not keep doing that on defense.

He had some big hits, looked bad in pass coverage on one play that I noticed, but overall he played well for his first start.

P.S.: I vote that his nickname should be "The Butler"....he has the perfect name for a Butler, and when he does something good, we can say "The Butler did it!!"

One of my favorite comedy routines is where Jerry Seinfeld makes fun of how parents burden their kids with names they think are cute. He asks what kind of parents name their kid Jeeves because they pretty much have determined the future life and job of the kid.

Newsflash. Those still count as rushes.

But lets just go with that, they still had 25 carries for 116 yards for a 4.6 ypc average. That is at best, mediocre. But again, QB scrambles most definitely count against a defense. A real defense would have detected the scramble sooner and stopped them for less yards.

As has been stated he looked bad in at least one coverage, but he hits HARD.

The thing I noticed is how he accelerates into his hits - he's not just trying to pursue and wrap up - he's seeking hard impact.

A prior thread asked who on the defense creates some fear - Bradham is the kind of LB you want out there - IF he can develop his mental game enough.

And as has also been stated - for as inexperienced as he is, he looked very good.

Barnett continues to be the weak link out there - missed tackles are bad at his level of ecperience - you have to believe he's either lost a step or playing with some undisclosed injury. He's also just being flat out beaten by too many RB fakes.

There was one play where, I think it was Howell running into a pile of people and you think he's going to dive forward for a couple of extra yards, but he got cracked and flew backwards, hard hit by Bradham. I like how the kid plays, seems to give a spark to the D.