I wear (insert # here) jersey because...

judman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman and Mcgahee are in the closet, was drinking too much cool-aid back then. I wear Spiller now b/c I bought it when he was drafted off ebay and well, he is still on the team. However my old staple and all time favorite is my Bryce Paup jersey. My bro-in-law bought it for me for Christmas outside the stadium at a Bills game. Paup, what a great football name.

Losman and Mcgahee are in the closet, was drinking too much cool-aid back then. I wear Spiller now b/c I bought it when he was drafted off ebay and well, he is still on the team. However my old staple and all time favorite is my Bryce Paup jersey. My bro-in-law bought it for me for Christmas outside the stadium at a Bills game. Paup, what a great football name.

I bought a cheapo Losman. I wanted the guy to succeed so badly. Probably the first guy who was my age QBing the Bills and he was also just a good dude who believed in Buffalo. Just didn't have it as an NFL QB.

Someone else bought me a McGahee, but I never liked him too much. I bought a Lynch authentic 50th anniversary one, again as a cheapie. I liked the way the guy ran but he was definitely a moron, to put it lightly.

My wife has only ever had a Moorman jersey, and she therefore does not have a closet full of embarrassing jerseys.

Thankfully for baseball I've only ever had my favorite player, John Olerud. He happened to play for a lot of teams, was a stand-up guy, great hitter, and was part of two world championships in my relative youth.

The old trusty #78 and #12 cant go wrong and will never be bad jerseys (unless they OJ in the game of life) Speaking of jerseys, here in south central LA Ive seen a couple people in recent years wearing USC OJ jerseys, PRETTY SICK AND DISGUSTING wearing jersey of a murderer

I have wear all of the following:

7 Flutie

11 Drew Bledsoe

11 Rob Johnson

24 Beast Mode

84 Evans

88 Quinn Early

94 Williams

Flutie is my favorite. I had just turned into a Bills fan in 1996. When Flute came in things changed. I look back on the Flutie era as the good ole days!

Even if a guy is no longer with team or even if he sucked I still wear them. I root for the laundry, not individual players. Besides, wearing a jersey of some guy who played a long time ago shows you're a true long suffering fan and not some Johny Come Lately in a Gilmore jersey.

Ordered Williams the day he signed. I was going to wear it Sunday. However I'm re considering because after 2 washings (per directions) the numbers are coming off. (Nike sucks) So if I don't go Mario Sunday, it'll probably be Flutie. It amazes me how many Flutie jerseys yo still see on game day at the Ralph.

Last game I went to a saw a guy in a Antawain Smith jersey. I was jealous.

Edited by reddogblitz

#59 Kawika Mitchell

One of my fondest Bills game memories was a Mitchell pick of Philip Rivers to seal the victory in the "lights out" game in 2008. The Bills D held LT to about 30 yards rushing. That Mitchell pick was right in front of our section in the tunnel end zone. Great end to a very strange game day.

It also helps that he changed his number and they were unloading the #59 ones on the cheap.

#92 Ted Washington best NT ever.

#59 Kawika Mitchell

One of my fondest Bills game memories was a Mitchell pick of Philip Rivers to seal the victory in the "lights out" game in 2008. The Bills D held LT to about 30 yards rushing. That Mitchell pick was right in front of our section in the tunnel end zone. Great end to a very strange game day.

It also helps that he changed his number and they were unloading the #59 ones on the cheap.

We were probably in the same section...Mitchell made that pick right in front of me.

Mine....

#22 Fred Jackson

The guy is a stereotypical blue-collar player that came from a no-name college and worked his way into the NFL. He's an all-business, no-BS runner that just hits the hole and runs downfield (unlike the juke & deke style that Marshawn Lynch showed us).

Back in the day I wore Thurman's #34 for pretty much the same reason.

I got me a sweet Thurman 34 Super Bowl XXV Mitchell and Ness that took a long time to get to me after ordering. Guess you could say it was on a slow boat... Thurman 'cause he's my all-time fave Bill. Running, catching and blocking.

I would give my left threaded fastener for a Carwell Gardner 35, but I heard Bryan Cox 51 bought 'em all up, flipped 'em off and burned 'em. Does anyone have one they would trade for a Mike Williams 68 that smells like mothballs and not game day cigar smoke?

I’ve got a bunch of them but I typically only wear them on game day. We also have a lot of Jersey Friday’s at work too just so we can all talk some smack to each other. I had a ton of jerseys when I was a kid, they just didn’t have names on the back. You could get them for $3 at the Champion outlet in West Seneca so anytime we were near there I could talk my Mom into stopping. I probably had at least 15 of them.

I’ve always been partial to the WRs since that’s the position I played back in the day. I’ve still got the following hanging in my closet:

#99 Dareus

#13 Johnson

#83 Reed SB XXV Mitchell & Ness throwback

#21 50th anniversary McGahee – This is the only one I really regret buying because he was an a**

#83 Evans

#27 Coy Wire – I thought he was going to be a pretty good safety, was a really hard hitter. Less than a week later we signed Milloy.

#80 Moulds

#83 Reed

#22 Lindy Ruff Sabres Jersey

#5 David Wright Mets Jersey

#18 Darryl Strawberry Mets Jersey

The one thing that I do like better about baseball & hockey jerseys is that you can get ones without names on the back just to support the team and it’ll never be outdated. I’ve got a few of those too. My wife has a Fitz and a Fred Jackson jersey. She also has a Navy Moorman jersey because she just couldn’t stand wearing that Losman jersey anymore. So how much money have I spent..err wasted????