Jim Kelly at RWS Parking Lot Pre-Game?

Hi Everyone! Next Sunday, my father and I are sharing our annual tradition with my 10 yr-old son - we are taking him to his first Bills game. I read that Jim Kelly is often in the parking lot before home games.

If this is true, anyone know which area/section we can find him in?

(& at what times?)

Thanks, and GO BILLS!

Edited by Kettle Creek Football

He'll be out a lot in the crowd as he is trying to sell his book, not that he is not a good guy so a good time to catch him. If you really want him, grab his book and ask him to sign it. He doesn't get that many autographs anymore.

Again, not ripping on our guy, but want your boy to get a great experience with probably our best bill ever.

I wish you well on your endeavor to meet Jim Kelly. A colleague of mine (and major Bills fan) got a chance to meet him while he was still a Bill. He was a colossal jerk. I had the opportunity to take part in a conference call with him the 2nd season after his retirement. He was a jerk then, too. Hopefully he's come down to earth with age and he doesn't knock the wind out of your sails like he did for me. It takes a lot to be a HOF quarterback. It takes more to be equally as good of a person.

I wish you well on your endeavor to meet Jim Kelly. A colleague of mine (and major Bills fan) got a chance to meet him while he was still a Bill. He was a colossal jerk. I had the opportunity to take part in a conference call with him the 2nd season after his retirement. He was a jerk then, too. Hopefully he's come down to earth with age and he doesn't knock the wind out of your sails like he did for me. It takes a lot to be a HOF quarterback. It takes more to be equally as good of a person.

This is rather unfair. It's no secret how Jim was during or near his playing days. I also think it's been well documented/confirmed how much better of a person/man he has become.

This is rather unfair. It's no secret how Jim was during or near his playing days. I also think it's been well documented/confirmed how much better of a person/man he has become.

How is stating exactly what happened unfair? It's the definition of fair.

The definition of fair is Adjective: In accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate. Adverb: Without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage: "he played fair". Noun: A gathering of stalls and amusements for public entertainment. Verb:

Streamline (a vehicle, boat, or aircraft) by adding fairings..

Even Losman knows that

They are probably thinking of you using two meetings, over 10 years ago, and kinda stating he's a jerk, as unfair. But as you note in your post with age, he's has come down to earth, and can be more giving of his time. I think getting married, having a family, and of course Hunter, has changed him.

My story....

In the 2001 season when he went up on the Wall Of Fame, before one game I was over near his RVs. He was trying to hide, wearing a hoodie with it pulled up around his face. I still went over, tapped him on his shoulder. Once he finally turned around to acknowledge me, I simply put out my hand, thanked him for all he's doing with Hunters Hope, he shook my hand and I walked away. I think it shocked him that I wasn't asking for a picture or autographed. A few months later at the Hunters Hope Ball in November, I met him again and asked for an autograph. He gladly signed it and even asked me about my experience at the game that day months before.

People can change over the years, it would be interesting if you get the opportunity to meet him now, what you think of him.

I don't doubt that happen but with that being said when I was 15 years old back in 1989 I ran into Kelly at the Gallery Mall. There was hardly anybody at the mall that day. it was a Monday after the game. They got beat pretty good by the Colts & he did not play very well. I think he may have hurt his shoulder that game as his arm was in a sling. I said simply "nice game Mr. Kelly." He seemed shocked & said "thanks kid I really appreciate that." He ended up buying me a Bills T shirt & signing it. I still have that T shirt today.