Tank cut - Carder to Cleveland Browns

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Yesterday people are ripping the Bill's for dumping Edwards a vet, now they get ripped for "throwing draft picks away". Guess they can't win either way in some peoples eyes. He's a 5th round pick, the fact that they are dumping those types of picks shows that the team is getting better, they have more depth.

What is with throwing draft picks away?

Edited by Ed_Roch

Kyle Williams was a fifth round pick. Judge the player and the fit, not the place where they were drafted.

If anything, judge the draft / scouting staff for spending that pick on a guy who by his own admission appeared not to be a fit. Once he gets to practice, it's up to the coaches to evaluate and most everyone besides those who have been paid very expensive bonuses should be starting with a clean slate.

As I understand it, they would HAVE to sign him to the active roster. Otherwise Buffalo gets first 'dibs' for practice squad.

(wow, don't think I have ever written the words dibs.)

They get a chance to make an offer, but if player wants to go to another teams practice squad, ultimately its their choice.

Kyle Williams was a fifth round pick. Judge the player and the fit, not the place where they were drafted.

If anything, judge the draft / scouting staff for spending that pick on a guy who by his own admission appeared not to be a fit. Once he gets to practice, it's up to the coaches to evaluate and most everyone besides those who have been paid very expensive bonuses should be starting with a clean slate.

I agree with this statement.

I also agree with the fact that it's clear were getting better and will have to deal with losing some decent players with potential if we are serious about winning "NOW".

In all seriousness, I watched Tank in that Detroit game for quite a few plays and I liked the fact that he was always around the ball, but he made some really bad descisions much of the time. I remember one play when he got turned around 2 or 3 times and missed out in the play alltogether. You can have all the physical attributes to be a professional but if you can't or don't make the right descisions an are always playing from behind because of it, you probably don't deserve to be there.

I liked the kid, I think he might have been a potential STer and backup (at best) and I love his story and drive, but I don't think he was that good. The comment about his name, race, in addition to his story really does hold true.

As I understand it, they would HAVE to sign him to the active roster. Otherwise Buffalo gets first 'dibs' for practice squad.

(wow, don't think I have ever written the words dibs.)

I don't believe that's case

He was a free agent and could hv signed to anyone's practice squad if a team didn't pick him up for the active roster

I still can't believe we let him go...showed much better skill and potential than bradham IMO.

What i find amusing is people on this board make posts such as, everyone likes his name and if you know the game of football and watch him you see hes' lost. I have watched every preseason game and i am now watching the lions game less than a quarter left, i only played inside lber for 9 years through high school and as i am expecting the guy to not play well in this game, i am watching him make plays when hes' on the field, he has great football instincts and he doesn't wait downfield like alot of linebackers he gets of his block and goes to the line and makes the hit. In my opinion he got the shaft here, he might or might not turn out to be a solid pro but i am expecting he will, i think they blew it on him. Bradham as previously stated made it for his special teams skills as did White they must prefer that more in a backup, but in my opinion he turns out better than Sheppard, hopefully i am wrong because Sheppard is here and hes' gone. His skill set, speed, instincts, and sideline to sideline capabillities blows Sheppard away, if he was our 4th rounder he'd also still be on the team.

As a disclaimer every year i like most others don't like some of the Bills' cuts and i have been wrong before. I also liked the play in this game of Aiken, he looks like a real confident receiver that fights for the ball!

Carder is a stiff, slow-footed white dude with a cool name. If he was named Larry, and black, no one here would give a rat's a$$ where he ended up.

Did you watch any of the games, that is a generalization, he is not slow footed and doesn't play stiff you have no clue in my opinion!

What i find amusing is people on this board make posts such as, everyone likes his name and if you know the game of football and watch him you see hes' lost. I have watched every preseason game and i am now watching the lions game less than a quarter left, i only played inside lber for 9 years through high school and as i am expecting the guy to not play well in this game, i am watching him make plays when hes' on the field, he has great football instincts and he doesn't wait downfield like alot of linebackers he gets of his block and goes to the line and makes the hit. In my opinion he got the shaft here, he might or might not turn out to be a solid pro but i am expecting he will, i think they blew it on him. Bradham as previously stated made it for his special teams skills as did White they must prefer that more in a backup, but in my opinion he turns out better than Sheppard, hopefully i am wrong because Sheppard is here and hes' gone. His skill set, speed, instincts, and sideline to sideline capabillities blows Sheppard away, if he was our 4th rounder he'd also still be on the team.

As a disclaimer every year i like most others don't like some of the Bills' cuts and i have been wrong before. I also liked the play in this game of Aiken, he looks like a real confident receiver that fights for the ball!

Did you watch any of the games, that is a generalization, he is not slow footed and doesn't play stiff you have no clue in my opinion!

His athleticism was exactly what every scouting report will note lacking. He was a smart hard worker that might not be athletic enough at the next level - hence the slide to the 5th round.

Carder is a stiff, slow-footed white dude with a cool name. If he was named Larry, and black, no one here would give a rat's a$$ where he ended up.

Not me.

I thought Carder was a player that had potential to be a good pro player.

I'm very disappointed that he's gone.

I did watch the games and watched Carder closely in the Detroit game. I was unimpressed and not at all surprised he was cut. Every year the fans here pick out a favorite long shot and this year it was Carder. I do not profess to be an expert at evaluating NFL players, but I saw nothing in his play during the preseason to indicate he was worth keeping. Just did not see it.

I did watch the games and watched Carder closely in the Detroit game. I was unimpressed and not at all surprised he was cut. Every year the fans here pick out a favorite long shot and this year it was Carder. I do not profess to be an expert at evaluating NFL players, but I saw nothing in his play during the preseason to indicate he was worth keeping. Just did not see it.

I respect that then, i seen him fill the whole twice very nicely and he was in on those two tackles, and sniffed out a screen behind the line and made the tackle. I guess we just have different opinions. I agree he was one of my favorites as was Joique Bell a couple years ago and maybe my glasses are to rose colored.