Bryce Harper

zow2

He's got a lot of talent but he's also got a lot of douche in him as well. That said, he seems like he plays all out so I respect him for that.

Well, he's all but a child, so there's undoubtedly going to be a Grade-A douche factor. I'll forgive him until he's 25. Anybody see the his truck? It's basically what you'd expect out of a teenage millionaire.

Love the swagger these highly touted young guys bring to the team. Favorite player in baseball is Brett Lawrie. Two very similar players of equal ceilings.

Go Jays!

I still can't believe we stole him from the Brewers for Marcum. Marcum was a decent pitcher, but he was overrated as the Jays "Ace" that year. Lawrie goes from 2nd base in teh Brewers system, to learning third in less then one season and coming up to contribute to the team in the last couple months of last season

I love watching him out there cause you can see he is truly having fun out there and realises he is getting to play a game for a living.

I still can't believe we stole him from the Brewers for Marcum. Marcum was a decent pitcher, but he was overrated as the Jays "Ace" that year. Lawrie goes from 2nd base in teh Brewers system, to learning third in less then one season and coming up to contribute to the team in the last couple months of last season

I love watching him out there cause you can see he is truly having fun out there and realises he is getting to play a game for a living.

IMO Lawrie will be in the top 3 players in baseball in a few years. He can hit for average, power, he can salvage infield hits during slumps, steal bases and his defense has been superb so far this season. His speed is so deceiving and has tremendous hustle (perhaps the best in the game right now).

Here is an interesting read on his defense so far this 2012 season. Like you said this is a brand new position for him than what he played throughout the minor league systems.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/05/08/blue-jays-lawrie-lead-the-majors-in-saving-runs/

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...