Our opinions of this draft, pick by pick.

I rarely start threads, but I've seen people throwing around draft grades, and I think that approach doesn't mirror how most of us view the draft. I'm interested in your opinions, pick by pick.

1. Gilmore - Given who was available during the pick, I'm very happy with our selection. With Kalil, Blackmon, Kuechly, (and Barrron) gone, Gilmore was our only real option, imo.

2. Glenn - I'm a Martin fan, but how can we be upset with this pick? Excellent value, excellent prospect. Very happy.

3. Graham - My least favorite pick this far. He's certainly a burner, but needs a lot of work for an early 3rd rounder. His hands seem so-so, fumble issues, and his blocking is bad. That being said, Chan seems thrilled to have him on the team, and I hope that Chan's right about him.

4. Bradham - Fantastic pick in round 4. Good physical specimen, plays with passion. I think he'll see significant time by years' end.

4. Brooks - Another pick I love. Watch him pop out on special teams play, and force his way onto the dime package.

5. Sanders - Another excellent pick, great value in the 5th. Great head on his shoulders, a lot of experience, glad to see another capable tackle who can play both sides.

5. Carder - Yet another pick I'm happy about. Great instincts, good tackler, Rose Bowl MVP. Can't believe he broke his back when he was a kid.

6. Asper - While some of us we're looking at McNutt with this pick, I am not terribly upset. I'm happy to see we're making a concerted effort to build a solid Oline, with good depth.

7. Potter - Interesting. I was convinced they were going to add another DE. I wanted a tall WR to develop. They catch us all off guard and draft a kicker, even though when Lindell went down we all realized just how stable he has been.

Edited by NickelCity

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely start threads, but I've seen people throwing around draft grades, and I think that approach doesn't mirror how most of us view the draft. I'm interested in your opinions, pick by pick.

1. Gilmore - Given who was available during the pick, I'm very happy with our selection. With Kalil, Blackmon, Kuechly, (and Barrron) gone, Gilmore was our only real option, imo.

2. Glenn - I'm a Martin fan, but how can we be upset with this pick? Excellent value, excellent prospect. Very happy.

3. Graham - My least favorite pick this far. He's certainly a burner, but needs a lot of work for an early 3rd rounder. His hands seem so-so, fumble issues, and his blocking is bad. That being said, Chan seems thrilled to have him on the team, and I hope that Chan's right about him.

4. Bradham - Fantastic pick in round 4. Good physical specimen, plays with passion. I think he'll see significant time by years' end.

4. Brooks - Another pick I love. Watch him pop out on special teams play, and force his way onto the dime package.

5. Sanders - Another excellent pick, great value in the 5th. Great head on his shoulders, a lot of experience, glad to see another capable tackle who can play both sides.

5. Carder - Yet another pick I'm happy about. Great instincts, good tackler, Rose Bowl MVP. Can't believe he broke his back when he was a kid.

6. Asper - While some of us we're looking at McNutt with this pick, I am not terribly upset. I'm happy to see we're making a concerted effort to build a solid Oline, with good depth.

7. (will update once selection is made)

Agreed!!!!

7. (will update once selection is made)

Generally agree and I love our draft, but I have two reservations: I'm wondering if Carder (yes, Carder) and Asper can really hold up athletically in the NFL. But they were #5b and #6 picks, so they get benefit of the doubt.

Pretty much agree there. Every pick wound up being a position of need. Our first pick was the best available, the second was a steal that could have been taken 20 spots up, picks 4-6 all seem solid and our last few...well, it's late fifth to seventh so if they pan out, great. If they don't, oh well.

This was a great draft. We addressed every need we had, multiple times over in most cases. Nearly every pick from the south/SEC. Excellent character abounds. Buddy and Chan clearly got the exact players they wanted in rounds 1-3 and I trust their judgement over "experts" who are paid to have an opinion, not necessarily an accurate or accountable opinion.

Agreed a little concerned about Graham pick, but I am sure that Nix and Gailey have forgotten more about football then I have learned. They identified needs and filled them in this draft, Brooks and Glenn have to be my favorite picks of this draft.

Edited the first post to reflect the kicker, John Potter. Great name.

Overall, I come away confident from this draft. It's not "exciting," like many people who spend too much time on ESPN inevitably hope for, but it definitely fills needs with excellent prospects. Only Graham and Potter had me scratching my head. At the very least, however, I'm really looking forward to seeing what Graham's speed looks like on the Bills.

7. Potter - Interesting. I was convinced they were going to add another DE. I wanted a tall WR to develop. They catch us all off guard and draft a kicker, even though when Lindell went down we all realized just how stable he has been.

+1 I know i was hoping for McNutt. Im originally from iowa and watched him play over the last few years. He is still growing as a WR. I like the selection of Asper though.....we really have depth at the oline if all 3 pan out.

Excellent review. Spot on.

PTR

I think it's a pretty good draft- I'd probably taken Demario Davis LB in the Third, Marvin McNutt WR in the sixth, James Brown OT in the seventh.

Great draft but why pick a kicker in the 7th? I like what I read about all the picks except the WR from NC State. I live in NC and down here he's not viewed as a great player. Everyone else seems to have big time upside. Had they drafted a QB late, I be willing to give them an A but I'll grade it as a strong B.

I looked at the clips on Graham, and even though he is advertised as a burner/deep threat based on his speed, I saw enough of him running underneath stuff that I thought he looked at little like Welker. Maybe just a bad read....I should look again.