How does a dealership not have a car in stock...?

Fezmid

Why? Everyone I know who has one seems to like it... I know it's a Dodge and all and they don't have the best reputation going back throughout the years, but like I said - everyone who has one seems to love 'em.... /sigh

The Charger is a family car masquerading as a sports car. Most of the people you know have probably only owned it for a few years. A buddy of mine just traded his 3 year old Charger in for a Camry. Recent issues have ranged from electrical issues (doors not interconnecting, window locks, key recognition) to fuel evap system valve issue (rollover).

There are people who love their Charger. But by year 5, there are a lot of people who wish they had purchased a different vehicle for the price.

In my opinion, If you're looking for a sporty car, the 2012 Mustang would be your best bet for your price range. Mustang's have had issues in the past, but Ford is stepping their game up. The power to weight ratio in a Mustang is far better. Better stopping time, v8, lighter... if you race, then the Mustang is going to beat the Charger in the 1/4 mile almost every time.

Edited by dogma+

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only RWD - can't do that in MN. :(

Learn how to drive RWD in snow then. The most fun car I had was my Toyota MR2 (1st generation, not mine, but same style/color). RWD, commuting to work about 30-40 miles each way, in the snow, passing the SUV's that ended up in ditches because they thought 4WD/AWD could get them where they needed to go at 60+mph.

In my opinion, If you're looking for a sporty car, the 2012 Mustang would be your best bet for your price range. Mustang's have had issues in the past, but Ford is stepping their game up. The power to weight ratio in a Mustang is far better. Better stopping time, v8, lighter... if you race, then the Mustang is going to beat the Charger in the 1/4 mile almost every time.

except when you try to turn at high speed and go sideways instead of on track. both the wrx and the genesis coupe will likely destroy a mustang or a charger on a windy road or track other than a drag strip. with the wrx, i think it would lose even in the 1/4 mile but i'd have to look it up. not that anybody here would ever go full out on a windy road or 1/4 mile straight.

except when you try to turn at high speed and go sideways instead of on track. both the wrx and the genesis coupe will likely destroy a mustang or a charger on a windy road or track other than a drag strip. with the wrx, i think it would lose even in the 1/4 mile but i'd have to look it up. not that anybody here would ever go full out on a windy road or 1/4 mile straight.

How many 1/4 mile tracks are windy? Not too many...

The Gensis has a turbocharger. You're comparing apples to oranges. But even so, the Mustang will sport a 400+ HP compared to the Genesis 210. For what it's worth, the Mustang beat up on the Genesis in the 1/4 mile beating it 14.8 to 15.3, has a better weight to passenger ratio, higher RPM's, and more HP.

As far as the WRX goes, well yeah... a $35,000 WRX is going to outperform a $20,000 Mustang.

Edited by dogma+

How many 1/4 mile tracks are windy? Not too many...

The Gensis has a turbocharger. You're comparing apples to oranges. But even so, the Mustang will sport a 400+ HP compared to the Genesis 210. For what it's worth, the Mustang beat up on the Genesis in the 1/4 mile beating it 14.8 to 15.3, has a better weight to passenger ratio, higher RPM's, and more HP.

As far as the WRX goes, well yeah... a $35,000 WRX is going to outperform a $20,000 Mustang.

my point is that there aren't to many 1/4 mile tracks in daily driving. windy roads are much more common. but to each his own...and if you're looking for somewhere to race the 1/4 bristol dragway (at bristol motor speedway) does street fights 2x/week for about $10. that's where published numbers meet reality. :thumbsup:very cool

my point is that there aren't to many 1/4 mile tracks in daily driving. windy roads are much more common. but to each his own...and if you're looking for somewhere to race the 1/4 bristol dragway (at bristol motor speedway) does street fights 2x/week for about $10. that's where published numbers meet reality. :thumbsup:very cool

lol. ever race Spencer?

lol. ever race Spencer?

never raced anybody there. have read the times for different vehicles. have discussed racing my wife - 6 speed g35 against 5 speed turbo legacy gt there but she makes the point rightfully, that one of us would probably leave transmission parts on the track 9and the subie would probably win). now i have done the richard petty experience on the oval in a busch car and that was awesome.

This would all be true...if he were a chick, cuz any more the Mustang is what chicks drive when they don't want a VW Beetle.

Maybe it's just California. But the only time I see a guy driving a Mustang is when it was built in the '60s.

The Mustang's main demographic is Men 30-55.

Watch the commercials.

Lame.

I think you're taking this topic way more seriously than I am.

Look, I grew up the son of a Ford dealer, learning about the world from the rear of a Country Squire. Heck, my oldest brother drove a Mach 1, for crying out loud.

The Mustang is a great car. In fact, if I had a daughter she'd be driving one right now.