Can Levitre make it at LT?

I was initially strongly against the Bills making a play for DeCastro with the #10 pick because I think they are set at the interior O-Line, but the more I look and hear about him, the more interesting DeCastro becomes. I like Levitre alot and he has been very good for the Bills at guard. I know they tried last season and it was not good looking, but with a full preseason at it, could Levitre make it at left tackle? If he could and the Bills took DeCastor, they would have an great O-Line -- one of the best in the NFL. Just wondering.

1) I wouldn't draft a guard 10th over.

2) Levitre is already a very good guard, so drafting a very good guard to take his spot isn't really upgrading that position. Rather, you're hoping he is as good as Levitre.

3) When healthy, the O-line played very well last year, now isn't the time to start shuffling guys around.

4) Levitre has no better/worse chance of being successful at LT than Chris Harriston, who is more prototype size, and has been working there for the last year.

I wasn't impressed with him at Tackle.

If Levitre is a B+ grade at guard and a C- at left tackle, you don't move him out there. That is a waste of talent. You leave him at guard, and try to get a tackle that would do better than a C grade (Kalil, Glenn, Martin, Reiff... all should be able to be better than Levitre out there.)

I was initially strongly against the Bills making a play for DeCastro with the #10 pick because I think they are set at the interior O-Line, but the more I look and hear about him, the more interesting DeCastro becomes. I like Levitre alot and he has been very good for the Bills at guard. I know they tried last season and it was not good looking, but with a full preseason at it, could Levitre make it at left tackle? If he could and the Bills took DeCastor, they would have an great O-Line -- one of the best in the NFL. Just wondering.

Hairston is a better LT then he is....he is a very good guard and a below average LT, lets not toy with that.

How many 6'2" OLT's are there in the NFL, let alone starting? There's a reason most if not all are at least 6'4, with the prototype 6'5 to 6'7. Levitre's arm length is inconsistent with the position, and the Bills lose in the end by moving their best OL from his natural G position.

1) I wouldn't draft a guard 10th over.

2) Levitre is already a very good guard, so drafting a very good guard to take his spot isn't really upgrading that position. Rather, you're hoping he is as good as Levitre.

3) When healthy, the O-line played very well last year, now isn't the time to start shuffling guys around.

4) Levitre has no better/worse chance of being successful at LT than Chris Harriston, who is more prototype size, and has been working there for the last year.

This. As others have pointed out, moving Levitre out to LT needlessly creates a hole at OG, without acceptably filling the hole at LT. I'm also strongly opposed to the idea of taking an OG 10th overall. Finally, I've read that while DeCastro is good, he's not special enough to justify the hype he's been getting.

I'd like to see the Bills address LT in the first round of the draft. Their two best options may be to trade up for Kalil, or to trade back into the lower part of the first. If neither of those trades are available--or are available, but not at an acceptable price--maybe there will be a LT worth taking in the second round. I don't think the second-best LT in this draft is worthy of going 10th overall.