Who's next??? Capitalize on this momentum!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He actually did.

"We’d like to be out of the (free agent) business by Friday," Nix told WGR-AM via Buffalobills.com. "The big splash for us could be over in a week."

They'd like to, if they get the guys they want. Doesn't mean they will be done by tomorrow. You think if manningham is still on the market on saturday the Bills are all of a sudden going to drop out of the race for him?

Victor Cruz didn't catch a pass that year

Cruz went down in the preseason for the entire year

Nicks was out for 3 games

MM was the #1 receiver for 3 games/#2 for the rest.

Great 1/2 outside option with him and stevie....then Nelson in the slot.

This would be amazing....Hope hes not looking for #1 WR $$$

Flynn is looking for a starting gig and money. We won't get him. QB isn't an issue right now. We need a LT, another WR, and more depth

QB is definetly an issue now IMO. Fitz played terrible after week 5ish last year. I will grant a year's pass over the alledged "rib" injury, I don't think we will see much better this year. I hope I am wrong but Fitz is what he is a career backup.....I will be glad to eat some crow on this one

Mario signing is PHENOMENAL!!!! Also, sends a major message to other FA's...

So now that this deal is done, who is next? Who would you like to see us target next?

I would like Flynn and Manningham to be considered...

YAAAAA....let's get a back up QB who might not be any better than what we have when you put him in OUR system with OUR WR core. Flynn was damn good for one game but had the entire Packers team and their AWESOME WR core around him!!!!

Anyhow, Manningham could be had. The bucket is a little empty at WR but Manningham would be an upgrade no doubt. Unfortunately a bunch of WRs have already been locked up. The real answer at WR may already be on the roster if Easley can stay healthy. I know this is going to sound wacky but if all we need is speed Lee Evans would probably play for some loose change and pocket lint.

That being said if we want to go big and build on this we should look into Kamerion Wimbley. The Raiders supposedly will have to get rid of him due to salary cap issues. Why not offer the Raiders one of our extra draft picks and have them do a sign and trade. Defense fixed!!!!!

Edited by PDaDdy

Two things we often say that we can't say anymore:

1) Ralph is cheap

2) No big name free agent will come here so we have to settle for the role players

Now, I don't think this fixes us all at once, but healthy our 2011 team was pretty darn good, with some problems with the 3-4 personnel and not enough pass rush. We now have the pass rush solved, are back to a 4-3, and lots of good things are ready to happen. We still need to add talent to this team with a couple minor free agents and a solid draft, but adding Mario plus getting Freddy, Wood, and Kyle back at full health among others, makes this team start to look pretty exciting.

YAAAAA....let's get a back up QB who might not be any better than what we have when you put him in OUR system with OUR WR core. Flynn was damn good for one game but had the entire Packers team and their AWESOME WR core around him!!!!

Anyhow, Manningham could be had. The bucket is a little empty at WR but Manningham would be an upgrade no doubt. Unfortunately a bunch of WRs have already been locked up. The real answer at WR may already be on the roster if Easley can stay healthy. I know this is going to sound wacky but if all we need is speed Lee Evans would probably play for some loose change and pocket lint.

That being said if we want to go big and build on this we should look into Kamerion Wimbley. The Raiders supposedly will have to get rid of him due to salary cap issues. Why not offer the Raiders one of our extra draft picks and have them do a sign and trade. Defense fixed!!!!!

And you know Flynn is not any better than Fitz because of why? Seriously, GB has been very high on Flynn since they drafted him, he has shown to be very accurate in his few chances to play, and could be brought in to compete with Fitz who has proven to not be consistently accurate over his 8 year career thus far. I hope Fitz proves himself this year (seems like that keeps getting said every year for 3 years now though) but the fact remains he has yet to put a whole season together ever in his career, so why not look at someone who could push him as the starter? Maybe that will help push him over the hump...

all I have to say is....

MR. WILSON TEAR DOWN THIS WALL OF BEING CHEAP!

I'm seriously hoping this is sarcasm....after Ralph just spent $100 million on ONE player!!! Don't get me wrong, I know he fills a need and I'm happy to see him in Buffalo ready to be an important cog in the wheel of change, but you CANNOT call Ralph cheap after this signing!!!