Larry Felser calls it a career

LabattBlue

My grandfather and father both worked for the Courier,

so reading the morning paper was an important part of my family's morning routine.

That being side, as a kid I remember always trying to get my hands on the Buffalo Evening News to read the sports.

Felser was a must read.

During a time without smart phones, internet, 24/7 sports TV- the newspaper was our lifeblood for sports information.Best wishes to Larry for a job well done!

Well said.

Those were great days with two newspapers in Buffalo. Felser was always a must read. I often saved his column for last because he was the best.

I know Larry has only been a once a week contributor to the Buffalo News for a decade or so, but he is finally calling it a career.

Congrats to Larry on a great career. The days at the News with Felser, Carucci & Kelley are a distant memory....not to mention Monday Night QB with John Murphy on WBEN930.

Here's hoping you have many enjoyable and healthy retirement years.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article728474.ece

Never was a big fan of his, didn't dislike him either. Wish Vic stayed; typical of Buffalo when we have a rising star they go somewhere else :P .

Now if we can get Sully to retire we'll be all set.

Felser has taken a lot of heat from people on this board in recent years, but I've always had great respect for his knowledge, insight, and writing. His contributions will be missed.
Good luck and God bless the great Larry Felser, a true Buffalo legend!

Well said.

Those were great days with two newspapers in Buffalo. Felser was always a must read. I often saved his column for last because he was the best.

^

^

^

Ditto.

Thanks for the memories, Larry. I, for one, will miss your work. Enjoy your well earned retirement.

I used to call in to MNQ quite a bit and met Larry once in the press box while he was doing the Sunday morning pre-game... His articles are still, to me, some of the best ever written on the Bills team and organization. Enjoy a well-deserved retirement Larry... You will be missed.

so reading the morning paper was an important part of my family's morning routine.

That being side, as a kid I remember always trying to get my hands on the Buffalo Evening News to read the sports.

Felser was a must read.

During a time without smart phones, internet, 24/7 sports TV- the newspaper was our lifeblood for sports information.

Best wishes to Larry for a job well done!

Felser was a must read.

During a time without smart phones, internet, 24/7 sports TV- the newspaper was our lifeblood for sports information.

Best wishes to Larry for a job well done!

The Courier was a great Paper!

It was "the Morning Paper" but my Dad used to send me down to a Deli on Seneca St, at 1030-1100PM to get the Courier. That would be child abuse today but somehow I made it!

The Courier was a great Paper!

It was "the Morning Paper" but my Dad used to send me down to a Deli on Seneca St, at 1030-1100PM to get the Courier. That would be child abuse today but somehow I made it!

We subscribed to the Courier, but only after a huge Bills win would we buy it early - on Sunday night. What a great memory - my father couldn't wait till the morning to read all about it!

I used to call in to MNQ quite a bit and met Larry once in the press box while he was doing the Sunday morning pre-game... His articles are still, to me, some of the best ever written on the Bills team and organization. Enjoy a well-deserved retirement Larry... You will be missed.

That Sunday pregame was also great - wasn't it Felser, Carucci, Murph, and one more person. Some heavy hitters there!

... That Sunday pregame was also great - wasn't it Felser, Carucci, Murph, and one more person. Some heavy hitters there!

You may be thinking of Phil Ranallo and his weekly prediction. Like

Bills - 62

Patriots - 3

GO BILLS!!!

You may be thinking of Phil Ranallo and his weekly prediction. Like

Bills - 62

Patriots - 3

GO BILLS!!!

Actually, Buffalo Rally Monkey up above was talking about the pregame show, and I just remembered it was called The Roundtable. I think it still is, but it's not the same with the guys now as those guys and the Bills now compared to those teams then.

Actually, Buffalo Rally Monkey up above was talking about the pregame show, and I just remembered it was called The Roundtable. I think it still is, but it's not the same with the guys now as those guys and the Bills now compared to those teams then.

Total brain cramp on my part. I was strictly thinking of the Courier Express Sunday pre-game editions. Those were great reads. Phil Ranallo was never a part of any electronic pre-game roundtable discussions as far as I know.

GO BILLS!!!

one of my favorite things at the dawn of the internet was realizing i could finally read Larry Fleser again after years in exile. The first columnist to really influence my take on sports. A pros pro, enjoy the good life.

In an age when communication about Sports was all about the newspaper writers, Larry Felser was amoung the best anywhere, not just the very best in Buffalo. He was well respected in the NFL community and did Buffalo proud. There is certainly no one that compares in today's crop of local writers - not even close. Thanks for all the memories Mr. Felser, and best wishes for a long and healthy retirement.

That Sunday pregame was also great - wasn't it Felser, Carucci, Murph, and one more person. Some heavy hitters there!

Total brain cramp on my part. I was strictly thinking of the Courier Express Sunday pre-game editions. Those were great reads. Phil Ranallo was never a part of any electronic pre-game roundtable discussions as far as I know.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes bbb, the Roundtable was a great show... Definitely some heavy hitters back in the day... I believe the 4th guy at that time was Kevin Silvestri (???) Not sure about his last name... Anyway, I still have some photos of me with all 4 of them... Van Miller was there too about to call the game... Why I didn't get a photo with Van, I'll never know.. But Larry F. was very nice... Talked to me in between breaks about covering the Bills and his career in journalism. Classy guy... and always great to talk to with Murph on MNQ.. He will be missed.