[OT] MSG vs. TWC

LabattBlue

16 members have voted

1. 1. How long does this take to resolve???

• Before the end of the year
    • 1st week in January
    • 2nd week in January
    • Sometime between mid-January and the rest of the season
    • Still battling come summer time

TWC played this same game with Channel 4 a few years ago and Buffalo Bills games were blacked out. I then switched to Fios, they now have Sabres games in HD. Fios also has NFL Network.

You're lucky. We will never get Fios in Rochester due to the monopoly that TWC holds and frontiers deal with the city. I will likely end up having to go to Directv :thumbdown:

TWC played this same game with Channel 4 a few years ago and Buffalo Bills games were blacked out. I then switched to Fios, they now have Sabres games in HD. Fios also has NFL Network.

DirecTV also has Sabres in HD and NFL Network as part of the base package. I'll never go back to TimeWarner for TV (I might go back for internet b/c I don't get FIOS where I live and Verizon DSL isn't as fast as I'd like)

Does Directv play Sabres games in HD in the Syracuse area? Does it have On Demand?

I'm sure it does, I get them in Albany on DTV. What do you mean by On Demand? They have ppv movie channels, but not On Demand HBO (which doesn't matter as much since HBO's release of HBO GO, where you can get streaming access to every HBO show ever online)

Edited by Endless Ike

I live in DC, have FIOS, but I signed up with NHL.com's Gamecenter instead of Center Ice.

You can watch GameCenter from any computer, so if you're traveling you can still get the games.

It costs about the same as the NHL Center Ice through FIOS or any cable provider.

If you have a computer with HDMI out you can hook it up to your big screen TV and still watch it through the home entertainment system.

There is even an App on the Playstation that lets you watch the gamecenter games through the Playstation. (The app is much better this season, last year the 1.0 version sucked donkey balls.)

I highly, highly recommend going this route.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gclanding.htm?intcmpid=nhl.com-gccompare-scr-sbnav

They FINALLY have the games in HD, starting like last week. I'm sure the time will come when Fios is engaged in a similar battle with MSG.......I think each provider takes it's turn with all the content providers.