Stevie Johnson: After the INT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name receivers the Bills have had better than him in 20 years... Reed, Moulds and that's it. Maybe Evans. Just because we got him with a 7th rounder doesn't mean we can pick a 7th rounder and expect the same results.

I agree with your last paragraph.

My original post was that Stevie is getting frustrated with Fitz openly because it is taking money out of his pocket. If Fitz hits Stevie when he is open like yesterday, he has 150 yards. Those yards = money and leverage. Fitz is costing Stevie directly and I can't imagine he will want to return under that scenario. He never got paid as a 7th rounder and will want to get his "due". Who knows what number of millions he has in his head.

Yes he has dropped some big passes. No excuses there. He also has had some big games and has made some great catches. The guy can play. He is better than any receiver on our roster and we will miss him if he's gone. Replacing him with a late round pick isn't an option. So we would either need to pony up and pay someone, spend a high pick or ignore the position.

Better than Johnson in the past 20 years. Since you stated Andre, I'll add Don Beebe, James Lofton, TO (as short as it was). Those guys were "better" than Johnson. Lofton BTW is in the HOF! Thats off the top of my head, heck Tasker could have been better. Stevie and Fitz are tight, I have heard nowhere but in your posts that Johnson is openly frustrated with Fitz because it is taking money out of his pocket. Post the link and I'll eat my shoe. As for his past due. Say What? He's a 7th rounder who probably krapped his pants when he found out he was even drafted! Are you his agent? it sure sounds like it!

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion, it was fun and I wish you a Merry Christmas, and would like to spar or agree with you on another topic.

I tried to make my position clear, re read if you must. I am on the same page with you on him. I just know he is not worth the money he wants based on his production. it's that simple.

Yeah maybe Stevie should have made a play on the ball, but thats easy to say from the stands. He has been dealing with a bad groin most of the year and didn't even finish the game. Try running full speed, in the process beating your man, then stop on a dime and go back and fight for a ball you can't catch anyway. That's all Fitzmagic baby.

Anyone who doesn't recognize that Stevie should be re-signed... well, I don't want to listen to what you have to say about football or the state of the Bills for more than a minute. The issue is that SJ needs a reliable compliment at the WR position. That should help Fitz too -- although, Fitz's maddening inconsistency must be addressed as well.

:wallbash:

Better than Johnson in the past 20 years. Since you stated Andre, I'll add Don Beebe, James Lofton, TO (as short as it was). Those guys were "better" than Johnson. Lofton BTW is in the HOF! Thats off the top of my head, heck Tasker could have been better. Stevie and Fitz are tight, I have heard nowhere but in your posts that Johnson is openly frustrated with Fitz because it is taking money out of his pocket. Post the link and I'll eat my shoe. As for his past due. Say What? He's a 7th rounder who probably krapped his pants when he found out he was even drafted! Are you his agent? it sure sounds like it!

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion, it was fun and I wish you a Merry Christmas, and would like to spar or agree with you on another topic.

I tried to make my position clear, re read if you must. I am on the same page with you on him. I just know he is not worth the money he wants based on his production. it's that simple.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Tasker better than Stevie at being a wr? shut it down....we have heard enough.....don beebe on this team by hisself? not the 4th option? no sir..... take your I hate Stevie agenda elsewhere.....

:wallbash:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Tasker better than Stevie at being a wr? shut it down....we have heard enough.....don beebe on this team by hisself? not the 4th option? no sir..... take your I hate Stevie agenda elsewhere.....

I like tasker, i like beebe.......but they would be turrible in this offense as a #1 or a #2 as most of you think...

Calvin and Andre Johnson's grow on trees people....everyteam should have one....huh...

Yeah maybe Stevie should have made a play on the ball, but thats easy to say from the stands. He has been dealing with a bad groin most of the year and didn't even finish the game. Try running full speed, in the process beating your man, then stop on a dime and go back and fight for a ball you can't catch anyway. That's all Fitzmagic baby.

Maybe he couldn't have made a play on that ball. But he dang sure could have touched down the DB instead of arguing with the ref. He was just lucky that guy didn't get up and run with it. If he had he could have gone a ways with it. Put me down as one who says SJ's head is not in the game often.

I see recievers stop on a dime and go back and fight for a ball in almost every NFL game I watch.

Edited by reddogblitz

via Steve Johnson fb

been playing all season with a bad knee, torn groin, seperated shoulder, broken finger and torn ligments in my hand...and some of you saying i dont put it all out there. SMH. I tried to go back in the game 4 times, begged coach to put me in even tho my groin was killin. Coach wouldnt put me back in the game. no matter how hard i begged it wasnt happening. I die for the Bills, every sunday. Would have died to go back in the game when i was tryin to. But coach said no. what Chan says goes.

There's no link... It's obvious the way Stevie throws his hands in the air after Fitz misses him by 10 yards. His body language against the Dolphins on Sunday said it all. He doesn't have elite speed or strength, so he has to work his butt off to get open on each play. When he does and Fitz misses his by a mile he outwardly expresses his frustration. Ok, yes Beebe and Lofton were great. That was 20+ years ago.

I don't get the argument of why $8 million is okay but not $9.5 million or whatever. It's Ralph's freakin money and we are WAY under the cap. He's a good player - pay him.

I've seen that play int 3 times this year, stop running it.

I know. Does he hit it in practice or something? You'd think they'd stop trying what they can't do.

Then chan blaming execution is like whining that the pickup truck wont do a10 second quarter mile..... Of course it doesn't, it won't and it never will.

It has been mentioned before that Stevie doesn't know when to transition from playing offense to playing defense. He might have saved at least one of the interceptions in the Giants game if he was more heads up about that. Coaching issue?

I also give him props for playing hurt. Groin, shoulder, whatever else. Sometimes he looks as old as Ralph the way he gets up after being hit.

Selling tickets... I think re-signing Stevie is important because there is an excitement with him. The Bills team needs all the excitement it can get, even if it is from a good but not great showboat receiver. I wish I knew how to put "good but not great" in autotype. I use it almost every time I talk about a player on this team.

Just saw that as well. Dude is a fighter regardless of what people want to assume.

The problem is even with that quote you see he just doesn't get it. His head is all over the place. Physically he's tough despite limitations. Mentally he just isn't elite. Hopefully the light comes on for him because he could be VERY good. Until he "gets it" we will have a lot more of these debates.

Well... We can only pray he doesn't subscribe to that stream of thought. That's the type of play that doesn't show in a stat line but wins championships. If your playing for stats not wins then you may as well go home.

The problem is even with that quote you see he just doesn't get it. His head is all over the place. Physically he's tough despite limitations. Mentally he just isn't elite. Hopefully the light comes on for him because he could be VERY good. Until he "gets it" we will have a lot more of these debates.

Well... We can only pray he doesn't subscribe to that stream of thought. That's the type of play that doesn't show in a stat line but wins championships. If your playing for stats not wins then you may as well go home.

Did you miss the part where he is playing with a torn groin, bad knee, broken fingers and separated shoulder while being chased by large, athletic men who want to kill him, or are you just choosing to ignore it?

I imagine if you were playing in the NFL with just one of those limitations you would be crying like a little girl. The guy is trying his ass off and he is the last talented man in the WR corps standing, basically hobbling.

And fans like you want to see him go. I sure hope you don't get what you deserve with a wish come true.

Did you miss the part where he is playing with a torn groin, bad knee, broken fingers and separated shoulder while being chased by large, athletic men who want to kill him, or are you just choosing to ignore it?

I imagine if you were playing in the NFL with just one of those limitations you would be crying like a little girl. The guy is trying his ass off and he is the last talented man in the WR corps standing, basically hobbling.

And fans like you want to see him go. I sure hope you don't get what you deserve with a wish come true.

Putting some words in my mouth there. I want to see him grow up. I want to see him reach his potential. It was tough to be on the field - it was dumb to argue with the ref instead of finishing the play. Why can't there be a middle ground?