Howard Stern

BillsFanNC

The Stern show is not horrible...not all the time anyway. It has its moments, but IMO it's pretty weak compared to his heyday. It's hit-or-miss. Sometimes he still gets great guests but there are too many days of boring stuff. Nothing is worse than internal feuds over who ate a cookie or who thinks who's an a--hole.

PTR

If you polled his fans I think you'd see 90-10 suck to not suck. The supporting cast is what made the show funny and without Jackie, Stuttering John, Ralph (to some extent) and Artie there is no one who is witty or truthful. The comedy on the show now comes from Ronnie, Jason Kaplan and David Arquette. On any given day with Howard in the right mood he can be funny on his own. But photo, Beth, Dancing, Hamptons and legal talk is not interesting and not funny at all. He turned into the thing he hated the most.

If you polled his fans I think you'd see 90-10 suck to not suck. The supporting cast is what made the show funny and without Jackie, Stuttering John, Ralph (to some extent) and Artie there is no one who is witty or truthful. The comedy on the show now comes from Ronnie, Jason Kaplan and David Arquette. On any given day with Howard in the right mood he can be funny on his own. But photo, Beth, Dancing, Hamptons and legal talk is not interesting and not funny at all. He turned into the thing he hated the most.

Wow, he finally dumped Ralph? :thumbsup:

He didn't dump him, Ralph put together a photo shoot for howard to do and Howard finally admitted that he now sees what everyone has been telling him for years, that Ralph is a real pain in the ass

Yet another reason why the show sucks. Who wants a tame Ralph? Look what happened to Stuttering John when he became tame on Leno. And I love how Howard will call Ralph out on his BS but on a daily basis Robin barely gets any sh*t for her ridiculous behavior. Not to mention her massive weight gain that no one is allowed to talk about.

So sad to see the show that got me up for my college classes and through my workdays crash so hard. Howard is turning into the Brett Favre of show business. Very sad IMO. :cry:

So how is someone who has no talent going to judge others if they have it or not?

How old are you? Just curious due to the anon mask, because long before memes and internet crap etc there was a lot of conservative media that Howard forever changed. The radio world, at the very least, will never be the same. Howard broke new ground before I was even walking.

Yet another reason why the show sucks. Who wants a tame Ralph? Look what happened to Stuttering John when he became tame on Leno. And I love how Howard will call Ralph out on his BS but on a daily basis Robin barely gets any sh*t for her ridiculous behavior. Not to mention her massive weight gain that no one is allowed to talk about.

So sad to see the show that got me up for my college classes and through my workdays crash so hard. Howard is turning into the Brett Favre of show business. Very sad IMO. :cry:

What's your handle on SternFanNetwork?

Do you think Howard's hair is a wig and/or do you think he dyes it?

What do you listen to in place of Stern?

I spend lots of time in the car. Did the show used to be better...sure it did, but it's still better than anything else on the airwaves. I hate when he's not on Thursday and Friday.

What's your handle on SternFanNetwork?

Do you think Howard's hair is a wig and/or do you think he dyes it?

What do you listen to in place of Stern?

I spend lots of time in the car. Did the show used to be better...sure it did, but it's still better than anything else on the airwaves. I hate when he's not on Thursday and Friday.

Not on SFN but I do read it every once in a while for pure entertainment and to keep up with the show.

It's a wig.

I've been in outside sales for 12 years so I've lived off of Stern. My territory is much smaller now thank God because I might quit my job if I didn't have a go to show and still had to drive to Poughkeepsie from Buff. I've tried listening but it's just horrible. I told my buddy that it reminds me why I don't visit my Grandmother's grave site...it's just not the same. I listen to old shows that I have on Mp3 and that does the trick. I have to be in Akron tomorrow morning by 6:30 so I just downloaded a week of shows from March/06/ on my Ipod. Ahhh the good old days.